Forum

Vanilla + medlocks (+ maps, apparently)

Created 3rd May 2011 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 46 Next »

Will

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Hm, must say though that “admins here will do whatever they want” doesn’t really sound like expressing one’s opinion, but rather an uninformed ignorant dig.
But I guess that that’s just my opinion.

so you ignored the part “i havent seen anything that says otherwise”, im not being ignorant nor trying to have a dig, i merely stated ive seen little evidence that admins care about what other ppl think… (yes i have seen the recent news post and i hope use actually pay attention to votes this time)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Will

i merely stated ive seen little evidence that admins care about what other ppl think…

Surely that bit was covered by “ignorant”?

randa

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

If a scoot tries that, then he is usually killed before getting out, as bonk takes time to equip and then chug, they rarely get dmg on the medic as you can just juggle them, but it might be different at prem level. If the scoot doesn’t get out, then it is the same as if he didn’t have bonk, and the fact he was committed to getting out meant he might have been able to pick the medic, if he had already got 70 dmg on him, but instead runs out.

Can’t comment on BL tactic, spose it could work, although I don’t know where he is drinking it, to be fast enough to block people in, but not in the open to die from scoots, I spose under bridge, but risky as hell leaving a demo and scoot vs 2 scoots and a demo.

No just no.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from randa

[…]

No just no.

Sadface, no real response, I wanted to be keyboard warrior, but now I will have to watch Kill Bill on IPlayer instead.

Will

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Surely that bit was covered by “ignorant”?

okay im ignorant big whoop, i havent seen the evidence that use give a crap, therefore you dont give a crap imo I didnt say I know 100% for sure use dont i said in my opinion, sry if i hurt ur little admin ego by having an opinion. now get it back on topic plz

Last edited by Will,

konr

Quoted from Will

[…]

so you ignored the part “i havent seen anything that says otherwise”, im not being ignorant nor trying to have a dig, i merely stated ive seen little evidence that admins care about what other ppl think… (yes i have seen the recent news post and i hope use actually pay attention to votes this time)

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-16902/?recent=306534
Sure is not caring there.
Saying that the admins didn’t care is fucking stupid considering it was pretty much up to one admin (RaCio) to make all the decisions for a while. Slandering the entire team for one person being overloaded with different opinions is (as Spike said) a rather stupid/ignorant thing to do.

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Sadface, no real response, I wanted to be keyboard warrior, but now I will have to watch Kill Bill on IPlayer instead.

Watch the vye vs px playoff from S8, vye did that tactic @ badlands. Premier Scouts don’t get juggled or pushed away easily, if they want to damage a certain person they will get damage on him. Maybe not 70, but you’re not very likely to get out intact.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

ashkan

Quoted from Will

i merely stated ive seen little evidence that admins care about what other ppl think… (yes i have seen the recent news post and i hope use actually pay attention to votes this time)

Maybe it’s hard to see the evidence when it’s right in front of your eyes: the whole league has been shaped by the community. Some decisions get criticized because they do what is best, but not most popular (e.g. introducing new maps). Some decisions get criticized by a loud majority for ruling in the favour of a satisfied and therefore silent minority. Some decisions get criticized because they weren’t based on enough feedback (i.e. make decision based on little feedback -> people rage and wonder why the hell you made that decision -> you change things based on the new feedback). Some decisions are just poor judgement and pure stupidity.

Quoted from konr

Saying that the admins didn’t care is fucking stupid considering it was pretty much up to one admin (RaCio) to make all the decisions for a while.

It meant he was the only one taking responsibility and getting shit for all the decisions, not at all that everything was based on his opinions and views. I just wanted to make that clear to others.

Will

to clear this up…

@ konr
at which stage did i soley blame spike for anything? He acted like an ass to my opinion (even tho i worded it harshly) so i responed in the same manner, never did i say it was his decisions that were wrong… so back off this has shit all to do with you in the first place.

Anyway since you all have taken offence to what i said, ill apologise and reword it…

Anyway yes im well aware im part of a majority who voice their dislikes and im happy to be, who wants a happy minority when the majority is unhappy?. Could i have reworded my statement better… yes but i type as i speak and i wont change tht for anyone.

***what i should have said***

From my past experience (from last May) things have gone downhill in this league. Be it unlock rules or map pool choices the only ppl to blame are those in charge, their intentions may have been gd but the result was far from it(my opinion) I would have liked to have seen it stay closer to the competitive side instead of trying to narrow the bridge between pub and comp. We dont play for the specators we play for our enjoyment.

If pub players want to play a different type of game (comp) bad enough they would have found their way here own their own steam like I did. I got fed up with the unlocks in pubs and came here only for the admin team to decide it was better to allow them, this made me re-consider playing here because I didnt enjoy them in pubs and i wouldnt change my mind about them here but I stuck it out anyways and am hoping for much better next season.

@ashkan
What you see as “evidence” is what I see as the problem..

Why make a decision if its not the best for the majority? you just end up with more ppl hating you, and if the community had shaped this league then their would have been different unlocks and im pretty sure some different maps aswell in s9.
Im aware ppl would play granlands 24/7 if they could but were is the harm in introducing maps in final versions or have existed in the game beforehand and have been play tested to death prior to the season via cups and feedback(same goes for any possible contentious decision), if no feedback is given or very little as you said then that “idea” should be scrapped since not enough ppl care about it for it to be included.

I am well aware of the possible flaws in the system, and that is why I have this problem, someone with poor judgement and decision making should not have a place of power its that simple, no1 is perfect i know but the point still stands. the fact there seems to be no punishment for those who make bad choices means ppl may see it as a careless exercise where they have free role to troll via decisions.

I understand that alot of time and effort has gone into the league from volunteer’s giving up their free time, but if they are unable to make the correct choice to keep the majority happy then I dont see the point in them being part of it, is it not better to keep the majority happy than cater to the minority?

Fact is that you cant have an opinion in this league without being accused of raging or trolling due to the amount of immaturity and trolls that exist on these forums.

anyway i cba with this no more… Im sorry that you all took offence to what was an honest opinion and I hope all the right decisions are made for next season map pool and unlock wise even if they arent atleast listen to the opinions put forward in the votes so no-one can complain, except those who were out voted ofc.

I shant be returning to this thread to keep you all happy.

*side note, im refering to div3 onwards as the majority, since thats where most trouble came from this season*

Last edited by Will,

Mordi

≧◡≦

bonk = granny happy

konr

Quoted from Will

*snip*

Will: Admins don’t care
Spike: Yes they do, you’re ignorant
Will: I MAY BE IGNORANT BUT THIS IS MY OPINION
Spike: You have nothing to back it up with, you’re ignorant
Will: Well SORRYYYYY for having an opinion
Spike: …

LOL! This has shit all to do with me? IT’S A FORUM. Everything here is for discussion of anyone that wants to talk here. If it is nothing to do with anyone else other than yourself and Spike, why are you spamming the forum about it and not pming him? Actually mate the majority was the pubbers/lowdivs wanting the unlocks, and the argument was that the Premier players were more important being that they pretty much sold the league to outsiders by being exactly what they’re supposed to be (our best players). Nice try though. What on earth are you talking about when you say “Someone with poor judgement and decision making”? Honestly that doesn’t make any sense. You can’t have poor judgement in literally everything. You can have poor judgement when it comes to X subject but saying that someone is bad at judgement in general is borderline downs. RaCio made a decision and it didn’t work out, so just shut the fuck up and stop blaming the entire admin team as if none of us care when we clearly do, it’s just we aren’t the people that make the final decision. The head admins will evaluate exactly what the community wants and they will make many new decisions for Season 10 and that means they care. No one is perfect and sometimes people will make mistakes, and I don’t understand how you could link that to the admins of ETF2L not caring about the community. You seem to be making assumptions based upon completely irrelevant evidence and then sticking to it no matter what anyone says. You’re well aware that people would play granlands 24/7? Who are these people? I sure wouldn’t and I don’t know of anyone that would like to play those two maps and only those two maps. This may have been a metaphor for the basic maps in which case I believe you need to specify and if not, stop making things up. Where is this ‘they are unable’ thing coming from? I said earlier that it was RaCio doing almost everything himself when it came to the final decision making due to SnowiE being inactive temporarily and no other Head Admins being there at the time. We now have new Head Admins and SnowiE is back, so again just let Season 10 roll on.

Here is an example of a completely hypothetical honest opinion:
“You are a faggot”
Now, that isn’t real at all, but if it was I could say the same thing you just said and say “Well actually it’s just an honest opinion I don’t know why you’re taking offense..” but it really doesn’t work that way.

You’re a bit of a hypocrite sometimes mate. You’re acting as if everyone that replies to you is a troll or is accusing you of trolling, all the while doing exactly the same in saying that. I hope you do return, this is fun.

Cheers,

rkon.

Tehgnarr

is good!

New maps = good (bazillion was a great choice)

Unlocks = good, if chosen carefully

Vanilla = good, cause lowest common denominator

Arrogant prem idiots who fold mid season = bad

Blaming admins for not caring = fucking stupid

ashkan

Quoted from Will

Why make a decision if its not the best for the majority? you just end up with more ppl hating you, and if the community had shaped this league then their would have been different unlocks and im pretty sure some different maps aswell in s9.

Only a handful of teams requested vanilla+med for s9. If suddenly a lot of other teams start requesting it as well (which did happen after the season had started) the rules will be adjusted to reflect that. If teams want less maps, the map pool will change. There’s nothing more to it, so what’s the problem? Do you think ETF2L admins have suddenly stopped caring about what the community thinks? Do you think that it is now run by unreasonable unlock lovers? Or maybe you just think that teams have gotten tired of playing, seeing as so many boycotting teams ended up folding? What is your theory?

Im aware ppl would play granlands 24/7 if they could but were is the harm in introducing maps in final versions or have existed in the game beforehand and have been play tested to death prior to the season via cups and feedback(same goes for any possible contentious decision), if no feedback is given or very little as you said then that “idea” should be scrapped since not enough ppl care about it for it to be included.

You can run as many cups as you want, with div6 teams playing each other or getting rolled by the occasional div 3 team. It only helps to a certain extent. Sooner or later, you will have to introduce it in a season to get a lot of proper matches played on it, and great feedback. You might be expecting a bit too much if you’re saying that maps should be almost 100 % ready when being added to the map pool.

I am well aware of the possible flaws in the system, and that is why I have this problem, someone with poor judgement and decision making should not have a place of power its that simple, no1 is perfect i know but the point still stands. the fact there seems to be no punishment for those who make bad choices means ppl may see it as a careless exercise where they have free role to troll via decisions.

I understand that alot of time and effort has gone into the league from volunteer’s giving up their free time, but if they are unable to make the correct choice to keep the majority happy then I dont see the point in them being part of it, is it not better to keep the majority happy than cater to the minority?

I’m not sure what admins or decisions you are referring to. Feel free to be more specific so we can discuss your concerns. It seems to me that you are looking at the current general mood of the most dedicated comp players, from all divisions, and attributing it completely to one or two decisions made by ETF2L admins. Is that correct?

Fact is that you cant have an opinion in this league without being accused of raging or trolling due to the amount of immaturity and trolls that exist on these forums.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. Please elaborate.

Last edited by ashkan,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

This is what happens when I am sick and LTG don’t play. :(

It is my duty to play through all illnesses to save a massive, boring wall-o-text discussion.

Ghostface

spire

This is what gappens when you freedom of speech.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 46 Next »