Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 31 Next »

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Tikcus

they are happy enough to compete or wouldn’t have signed up

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]
fight from the inside not out if you want change

Treating the Signups as a method of seeing wether the rules are accepted isn’t a good idea. There are several reasons why teams would still sign up even though they don’t agree with the ruleset (wether thats 100% dissagreement or not doesn’t matter).

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

[…]

Treating the Signups as a method of seeing wether the rules are accepted isn’t a good idea. There are several reasons why teams would still sign up even though they don’t agree with the ruleset (wether thats 100% dissagreement or not doesn’t matter).

Yup, but most people who grew up on free market capitalism don’t realise this.

Tikcus

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Taking a post about polls and quoting 1 line of it, I see what you did there

At the end of the day 300 teams have signed up to the league so whether people are 100% happy or not doesn’t matter, when you compromise no one is happy . This is a compromise

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]
Taking a post about polls and quoting 1 line of it, I see what you did there

At the end of the day 300 teams have signed up to the league so whether people are 100% happy or not doesn’t matter, when you compromise no one is happy . This is a compromise

Sigh

steve

Quoted from RaCio

The issue is that in your example teams do not want bonk allowed at all.

exactly, thank you.

Spike Himself

TC

Perhaps you misread.

Let me try again:

etf2l rules: bonk allowed

team a: ban bonk + team b: allow bonk = teams do not agree = fall back to etf2l rules: bonk allowed
team a: ban bonk + team b: ban bonk = teams agree = ban bonk
team a: allow bonk + team b: allow bonk = teams agree = allow bonk

Last edited by Spike Himself,

WildCard

Quoted from Martn

[…]

no, but still, lol @ prize support from a major league as ESL =D

As agron touched in a previous reply, ESL has been neglected by the tf2 community for many seasons now, which is clear to see via the amount of teams who have signed up in previous seasons. One of the reasons TF2 was droped from the EMS was because of the seemingly lack of interest in the normal league.

We cant simply wave a wand and suddenly attract XXX sponsor willing to put up large amounts of cash, but as it seems to be with a swing towards ESL now with the top teams there is much more chance that ESL will be able to offer large cash prizes/hardware in the future, assuming ESL become the premier competitive TF2 league.

And with regards to season 7 as it states on the news post we are in talks with sponsors, which hopefully will mean we can offer cash/hardware prizes for this upcoming season.

xzr

Quoted from agron

[…]

Quoting myself.

If you prefer vanilla, come and join the bunch of us at ESL.

When ESL gets a decent sized league going, you don’t have to worry about ETF2L’s view of things on any matter. LANs will want to attract as many top teams as possible and thus will apply vanilla rules on their competitions.

ETF2L’s ruleset will be as relevant as the highlander league’s.

+1 ^^
gogo vanilla lans and esl <3

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from WildCard

[…]

As agron touched in a previous reply, ESL has been neglected by the tf2 community for many seasons now, which is clear to see via the amount of teams who have signed up in previous seasons. One of the reasons TF2 was droped from the EMS was because of the seemingly lack of interest in the normal league.

We cant simply wave a wand and suddenly attract XXX sponsor willing to put up large amounts of cash, but as it seems to be with a swing towards ESL now with the top teams there is much more chance that ESL will be able to offer large cash prizes/hardware in the future, assuming ESL become the premier competitive TF2 league.

And with regards to season 7 as it states on the news post we are in talks with sponsors, which hopefully will mean we can offer cash/hardware prizes for this upcoming season.

Have to agree on the most part Agron has made the best points.
but seems to be too many of these topics and needless drama its getting silly.

ESL support is a good thing should see how this season goes..

Last edited by Si^,

steve

Quoted from Spike Himself

Perhaps you misread.

Let me try again:

etf2l rules: bonk allowed

team a: ban bonk + team b: allow bonk = teams do not agree = fall back to etf2l rules: bonk allowed
team a: ban bonk + team b: ban bonk = teams agree = ban bonk
team a: allow bonk + team b: allow bonk = teams agree = allow bonk

and if i want to play vanilla in every game i just gotta hope the other team agrees? or do i need to go join esl? a check box system is not going to solve the issue that people have with the etf2l rules. its just another way of displeasing people

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

I’ve been wanting to give my div6 input (lol) on every single unlock and proposing a couple of different rulesets regarding these unlocks that would actually make sense (unlikethe general stubbornness going around about them these days.

Should I or is it a waste of time?

Waebi

‹Con›

I suppose it’s already too late to change anything, but for the sake of good argumentation and/or viewpoints, why not.

Sunbather

maksa

i think etf2l should force down vanilla+med on the pubbers throat, I would only miss the equalizer.

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Quoted from Waebi

I suppose it’s already too late to change anything, but for the sake of good argumentation and/or viewpoints, why not.

It’s never too late, there will be plenty more seasons after this ;)

relax m8

its just a game

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 31 Next »