Forum

ETF2L: The problem

Created 6th March 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 31 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Nigh

Players play by league standard and not league plays by players standard.

are you actually retarded

Krakyn

rEJ

The “gentlemans agreement” previously in place in Prem/div 1 to all play with only the original medic unlocks* in effect created this two tier rule set you seem to be begging for. Because new teams were promoted in to the more restrictive set and had no inclination to play under it because they have too much fun outside it things fell to shit. No one followed it for a season and now a bunch of teams are loudly, public and with just a hint of too much protest throwing all the toys out the pram, taking their ball and going to play in ESL. Why exactly do you think things won’t be just as likely to end in a horrible mess with a lower level set for the cut off point?

The map pool has always changed each season with different maps being added or removed. Some of the nonsense that is getting spouted about this seasons is ridiculous. Warmfront is a reskin of an older map that featured in AFS, turbine is anything but new so you’re left with just Brazillion being truly new to this season and requiring totally new tactics to be invented. Lo and behold it’s in weeks 7 and 8, almost like the admins had planned it to give you more time to practice it. All of these maps have shown up in one off cups before they got to this point allowing for time to view and practice them. What else did you think these cups were for? Giving out pixelated trophies? If teams don’t have strategies for Turbine and warmfront it’s their own fault for getting to a point where they never look beyond granlands for pcws (and everyone elses for indulging them) and pressumably deleting the old strategy files they must of had for them. If you dislike the choices, congratulations, you’ve encountered the most basic factor in human interaction, everyone agrees on nothing. DEAL WITH IT.

ETF2L is the best league for TF2 in europe, if it wasn’t the former Prem teams wouldn’t have so desperately tried to enforce their rule set, have made such a fuss about going to ESL or now be so obviously trying to promote a league they have all slated and mocked for years in the hope people will sign up to play and watch them. The loss of these teams won’t kill it. It’s key and strongest points are in it’s easy of use, helpful and easy to contact admins (most of the time anyway) and it’s mostly common sense rules (have fun with no mercs ever in ESL guys). None of these things have changed, why exactly will the league die?

For the love of fuck people stop acting like you’re dropping truth bombs when you’re just reposting the repost of a reposted idea. It’s not going to change things and it makes you look like idiots.

If TF2 was going to make it big in esports it would have by now, so there’s no need to worry about the effect of this split on it’s future.

*You’re going to need a new shitty name for your rule set what with several other medic unlocks out there that you don’t like and won’t play with, it looked somewhat silly going through it each time on the ESL news post.

Last edited by Krakyn,

Quoted from Nigh

[…]
Players play by league standard and not league plays by players standard.

It’s the league who has to make it appealing for teams to join, not the teams that have to make it appealing for the league to let them join.

dauk

do you play the game or the games plays you. I can do it too.

Mike

TEZC

stop QQ and join ESL :)

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Krakyn

Wall of Truth

+1 I am not even really that in favour of unlocks, but this sums up why I do not like how the Prem teams left. The point about ESL and how they want to drawn ppl to it is one of the points that I found funny.

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

This shit would have never of happened if D2M was head admin!

It really isn’t a hard task to impose Vanilla + Medlocks for div1+

As I said in Vanilla.eu, it just means div2 teams will have to start to have to use only the medlocks, div3 will have to start thinking about it etc. etc.

And, as said, for the teams that aren’t bothered about reaching the top it doesn’t really concern them, they can use them or not, it’s their decision.

Also, the map pool really does need some clarity, I’d have to agree that it has been a bit sketch of times. However, if it shows that Bazillion, Turb_pro, Warmfront will be good maps for the future then it doesn’t matter.

And maybe the pro teams should have partaken in MNM’s to help try them out properly. Or do some srs PCW’s on them at least.

This post sums it all up tbh, Something doesnt go the way certain people want now and people are saying if d2m was this that or whatever BUT the reason D2M left was due to the high level of abuse this so called community gave him. The problem will change everytime, when one is fixed another pop’s up, I’ve been a ETF2L admin longer than any of the current active admins if u dont count all the year off breaks from certain ones and i’ve seen this so many times. We will never make everyone happy, We will get trolled by certain people who have no idea what they are talking about or just told we are noobs.

People need to be careful what they wish for before doing stuff coz D2M prolly woulda still been Head admin had he not been threatened, abused and just trolled EVERYWHERE.

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Krakyn

The “gentlemans agreement” previously in place in Prem/div 1 to all play with only the original medic unlocks* in effect created this two tier rule set you seem to be begging for. Because new teams were promoted in to the more restrictive set and had no inclination to play under it because they have too much fun outside it things fell to shit. No one followed it for a season and now a bunch of teams are loudly, public and with just a hint of too much protest throwing all the toys out the pram, taking their ball and going to play in ESL. Why exactly do you think things won’t be just as likely to end in a horrible mess with a lower level set for the cut off point?

The map pool has always changed each season with different maps being added or removed. Some of the nonsense that is getting spouted about this seasons is ridiculous. Warmfront is a reskin of an older map that featured in AFS, turbine is anything but new so you’re left with just Brazillion being truly new to this season and requiring totally new tactics to be invented. Lo and behold it’s in weeks 7 and 8, almost like the admins had planned it to give you more time to practice it. All of these maps have shown up in one off cups before they got to this point allowing for time to view and practice them. What else did you think these cups were for? Giving out pixelated trophies? If teams don’t have strategies for Turbine and warmfront it’s their own fault for getting to a point where they never look beyond granlands for pcws (and everyone elses for indulging them) and pressumably deleting the old strategy files they must of had for them. If you dislike the choices, congratulations, you’ve encountered the most basic factor in human interaction, everyone agrees on nothing. DEAL WITH IT.

ETF2L is the best league for TF2 in europe, if it wasn’t the former Prem teams wouldn’t have so desperately tried to enforce their rule set, have made such a fuss about going to ESL or now be so obviously trying to promote a league they have all slated and mocked for years in the hope people will sign up to play and watch them. The loss of these teams won’t kill it. It’s key and strongest points are in it’s easy of use, helpful and easy to contact admins (most of the time anyway) and it’s mostly common sense rules (have fun with no mercs ever in ESL guys). None of these things have changed, why exactly will the league die?

For the love of fuck people stop acting like you’re dropping truth bombs when you’re just reposting the repost of a reposted idea. It’s not going to change things and it makes you look like idiots.

If TF2 was going to make it big in esports it would have by now, so there’s no need to worry about the effect of this split on it’s future.

*You’re going to need a new shitty name for your rule set what with several other medic unlocks out there that you don’t like and won’t play with, it looked somewhat silly going through it each time on the ESL news post.

wow, thank you. there still are sane persons on this forums.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

It’s the league who has to make it appealing for teams to join, not the teams that have to make it appealing for the league to let them join.

That means that the rules must not be retarded, if they are retarded no one will play.

randa

Quoted from Krakyn

Essay.

lol’d

Netsky

+1 to Krakyn
Thanks for this refreshing post. I like the way you think things through before posting.

EDIT: in contrast to the one above my post.

Last edited by Netsky,

randa

Quoted from Netsky

+1 to Krakyn
Thanks for this refreshing post. I like the way you think things through before posting.

EDIT: in contrast to the one above my post.

What because he agrees with your ‘admin’ philosophy? Get a grip.

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from randa

[…]

What because he agrees with your ‘admin’ philosophy? Get a grip.

randa is right, badmins agreeing with posts that support there view.

Just lulz.

Maybe we can have some head admins that have played outside of div 4 kkthanks.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Nigh

[…]

That means that the rules must not be retarded, if they are retarded no one will play.

You’re on a roll…

Krakyn

rEJ

Quoted from randa

[…]

lol’d

Essays have an introduction setting out arguments, development of those arguments with evidence and analysis and then some sort of conclusion. What I posted is a poorly spelt and often grammatically incorrect wall of text.

That you felt the need to respond with such a poor troll in response to such a post that bad suggests you lack the intellect to produce a suitable critique of its flaws noted above or in the ideas it brings forward. As such I feel comfortable in saying stfu gtfo and don’t waste everyone elses time posting again and till you have anything of worth to say. Probably some time after heat death of the universe.

PS I regret reading these forums again and fuck my inability to proof read.

Last edited by Krakyn,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 31 Next »