Forum

ETF2L: The problem

Created 6th March 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 31 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from steve

[…]

and if i want to play vanilla in every game i just gotta hope the other team agrees? or do i need to go join esl? a check box system is not going to solve the issue that people have with the etf2l rules. its just another way of displeasing people

That’s up to etf2l really. The checkbox system just helps teams use items that etf2l would otherwise not allow (without dedicating a book worth of arguments about it), or the other way around.

konr

That’s actually not a bad idea. A checkbox of ‘Vanilla?’ on the match page that both teams must check and submit to play vanilla. Or 3 checkboxes.
[ ] Vanilla?
[ ] Vanilla + medlocks + equalizer
[ ] Cinnamon

Spike Himself

TC

read the rest on the other pages; was more thinking of a checkbox per unlock ^^

but yeah that could work too i guess

Dummy

Quoted from konr

That’s actually not a bad idea. A checkbox of ‘Vanilla?’ on the match page that both teams must check and submit to play vanilla. Or 3 checkboxes.
[ ] Vanilla?
[ ] Vanilla + medlocks + equalizer
[ ] Cinnamon

lol @ 1st option, noone literally noone wants to play with Vanilla only

Si^

T2P
[PG]

So I have to order my tf2 match? Feels like reading a menu at a restaurant people are bad enough as it is at arranging matches let alone having to always agreeing on weapons.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
lol @ 1st option, noone literally noone wants to play with Vanilla only

vanilla + med
cinnamon
all unlocks

would probably be more realistic

byte

I wonder, how much pressure would be eased off if the following was suggested.

“The Gentlemen’s rule is now enforced in every match, where every team by default is to assume it is vanilla + medlocks, however if one team wishes to use an unlock out of the unlocks ruleset allowed mentioned, then they can do so, but only if they notify the other team before the match starts.”

So in simple English this is basically a default without mentioning anything it is vanilla + medlocks only, however if the other team wants to use a unlock out of the unlocks allowed stated by the league then they can do so but only if it is stated before the match starts/match page.

That way, the pressure and abuse can partially go on the team and not on the league, as I’m sure if this was to go ahead at most 3 out of the top 10 prem teams would all agree on vanilla in the ETF2L matches and 2/3 would not.

So those who disagree will get added slating/pressure/troll’ed/hated more in the community and eventually give up/fold/go vanilla.

What’s that you say? “Or you could just enforce vanilla + medlocks?”

Remember this is a hypothetical suggestion

Cheers

Byte

Dummy

Quoted from byte

“The Gentlemen’s rule is now enforced in every match, where every team by default is to assume it is vanilla + medlocks, however if one team wishes to use an unlock out of the unlocks ruleset allowed mentioned, then they can do so, but only if they notify the other team before the match starts.”

So in simple English this is basically a default without mentioning anything it is vanilla + medlocks only, however if the other team wants to use a unlock out of the unlocks allowed stated by the league then they can do so but only if it is stated before the match starts/match page.

That way, the pressure and abuse can partially go on the team and not on the league, as I’m sure if this was to go ahead at most 3 out of the top 10 prem teams would all agree on vanilla in the ETF2L matches and 2/3 would not.

So those who disagree will get added slating/pressure/troll’ed/hated more in the community and eventually give up/fold/go vanilla.

What’s that you say? “Or you could just enforce vanilla + medlocks?”

Remember this is a hypothetical suggestion

Cheers

Byte

Gentlemens rule reversed? sounds like a plan
gogogo

Last edited by Dummy,

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

I like that idea Byte.

Scout unlocks described, on to Soldier :v
This is boring stuff, but no sacrifice no gain I suppose.

Netsky

+1 to byte.
I like that

Tikcus

Quoted from byte

If this is premier league only go for it…..

However I can not see why one team should say “we are are using bonk”

They should just be able to say “we will be using etf2l rules”

Don’t see why a team should telegraph their tactics or plans, by telling other teams exactly what they will be using, but premier can agree to what ever they want, as this doesn’t effect/concern me

In the ‘Lower’ divisions if teams want to play vanilla+ medic, they should both post this on the match page

Last edited by Tikcus,

Si^

T2P
[PG]

+1 byte makes sense.

byte

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

Don’t see why a team should telegraph their tactics or plans, by telling other teams exactly what they will be using

if i wanted to do it detailed bud I would of and I would of been more precise but as its hypothetical I did not care, but yes you are correct you would just need to state that you want to break the unlock ruleset :)

Cheers

Byte

Dummy

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

Don’t see why a team should telegraph their tactics or plans, by telling other teams exactly what they will be using, but premier can agree to what ever they want, as this doesn’t effect/concern me

In the ‘Lower’ divisions if teams want to play vanilla+ medic, they should both post this on the match page

just cause they know ull see unlock X doesnt mean theyll know your strat unless your “strat” is just using the gun :)

byte

Anyway if I get enough positive responses then I’ll run it over with the admins and hopefully it will be enforced :)

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 31 Next »