Forum

ETF2L pub?

Created 1st March 2011 @ 02:47

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Calm down Spike, there’s room for more than 1 comp/pub server. I’m sure yours will be used muchly :)

LaMqTa

fenneks

do want

Last edited by LaMqTa,

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Can’t etf2l just turn one of its private servers into a pub? I remember playing on a 24 man etf2l server a 6v6 official.

Last edited by WildEast,

David

What made the ETF2L Pub so good was that you needed an ETF2L account to join, it wouldnt let you on unless you were registered to the site.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Quoted from WildEast

Can’t etf2l just turn one of its private servers into a pub? I remember playing on a 24 man etf2l server a 6v6 official.

Haha, that brings back some memories. For that cup where we were using ETF2L servers only we were short on league servers, so we used the etf2l pub as well. The poor teams on there kept getting autobalanced. :)

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from David

What made the ETF2L Pub so good was that you needed an ETF2L account to join, it wouldnt let you on unless you were registered to the site.

This feature is needed.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Quoted from jgmaster

[…]

This feature is needed.

Meh, I seem to have lost the plugin files. Will try to dig deeper for them, but i doubt I’ll find them. :( Maybe someone else has them floating around.

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

[…]
Meh, I seem to have lost the plugin files. Will try to dig deeper for them, but i doubt I’ll find them. :( Maybe someone else has them floating around.

i dont have them floating around, but i can help with that as i’ve done something similar for huhys pro dm server. this could be easily adapted.
add me in steam if interested.

Monkeh

Quoted from Monkeh

Hi,
I was wondering as to the possibility of Multiplay hosting an ETF2L public TF2 server for the huge competitive player base registered there to have some fun on. It would be an ideal way to strenghten your link with the site and showcase your products and services.

You could advertise to a large number of competitive gamers, many of whom are, or will be, in the market for servers to play their clan matches on in a much more effective way than a banner on the front page of the ETF2L.org site.

Providing a public server with a few class restrictions and maybe a whitelist conforming with the latest ETF2L ruleset, combined with running only maps being used in the current ETF2L season would guarantee strong support from the community and gain you priceless exposure to people actually willing to pay for servers.

This mail is, in no way, endorsed by the admins of ETF2L and I have taken it upon my own back to write this begging letter.

Thanks in advance for your time and I look forward to a response.

Monkeh

“Hi Monkeh, Sounds like a good idea. I’ve asked our TF2 community liason Parva to come up with some ideas, as he deals with our current publics.–Regards, Will Lowther”

Seems we may be in luck guys :D

Last edited by Monkeh,

panama

OS!
OS!

This sounds soo cool, maybe I could play there and not get mad like I usually do in pubs.

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

“Hi Monkeh, Sounds like a good idea. I’ve asked our TF2 community liason Parva to come up with some ideas, as he deals with our current publics.–Regards, Will Lowther”

Seems we may be in luck guys :D

Damn right :D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Monkeh i’ll have a word with Will/Dentist he’s very supportive of TF2 and with ETF2L being sponsored by MPUK hopefully we’re all sorted. We’d probably need to get a decent non-spaz admins list up who can deal with querys but a good idea.

If they say no i have about a 5000 MPUK staff points which can buy a server for a couple of years :]

But the idea about dispalying HLSTATS/ServerPlugin on the main page is a good idea, draws attention to the site and will give people somthing to play for.

Monkeh

I’ve had someone ‘non-spazzy’ already offer their services for admin duties and I’m sure we could find a few more easily enough, so we can get this thing on the road.

Looking forward to this a lot, should be good.

Long live etf2l pub server, and all who sail in her.

Яyan

Quoted from panama

This sounds soo cool, maybe I could play there and get even madder than in normal pubs.

Manu

yeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
bring it back

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »