Forum

Explanation of the ETF2L Awards

Created 30th January 2011 @ 11:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Extremer

No, they’re absolute bollocks. Me even being in the vote back when I was in Div4 like 5 seasons ago completely proves this. It’s only because of a frag movie (or well…like 2). There’s no point in clarifying or explaining the process, it’s just a popularity contest.

Yeah remember discussing this a bit. A great deal of nominations aren’t from people following the games or matches closely in the season (apart from prem games or high level games).
Most votes are influenced from the frag movies produced during that season. Not that im saying there is anything wrong with that people can vote for who they want just saying the result maybe isn’t always the best reflection but can’t be helped!

Last edited by Si^,

Cloud

.wldcrd!

There’s also the fact a fair few of us don’t even give a shit

As for the system, you get nominations, which are then voted on. Seems fair to me, but there’s bound to be a hell of a lot of nominations.

If you wanted to make it more inclusive or something (idnolol), add in awards for each skill bracket, but that’s more effort

Daggial

fap

why do you care about this, people are voting their friends only anyway

kaidus

WiK?

You have to have down syndrome to not give fair play to refuse. Name me one team that has been relegated from prem and not folded? Maybe it happened before my time, but I’ve certainly never witnessed it.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I personally would have thought the fairplay award wouldn’t just be about a team not winning a game and not folding. I would have thought it was about actually playing fair, showing good sportsmanship. Arranging matches on time, being considerate to the opposing team if they are missing players, having a good attitude towards gaming.

If my team lost all their games (very probable next season), and we got an ‘award’ just for not folding, I would probably be quite insulted tbh.

Then again, maybe that’s just me ;)

harbleu

Truls!
dstry

Yeah, im sorry but losing all your games and not folding != fair play. It was my understanding that fairplay was things such letting teams pause when one of their players d/c or letting them using a merc. I’m not saying refuse don’t deserve it, but using the argument that they lost every match and didn’t fold is pretty stupid. Maybe its different in america where teams folding playing at top level doesn’t seem to be as big of a problem as europe.

Last edited by harbleu,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I always understood that the “Upcoming Talent” type threads either contained a bunch of soon to be found cheaters or players who have actually been playing the game for over 2 years and are hardly upcoming and coming :>

My old team won the fairplay award back in season 2. I used to believe that we actually won the award because we showed good sportsmanship. We let every team we played against use mercs if they wanted, rescheduled some matches right before we were supposed to play them, only because our opponents couldn’t play after all. I believed were friendly and really good sports overall. In two or three occasions we could’ve gotten a default win if we wanted to, due to our opponents breaking several rules, but we instead agreed on playing against them again. We believed that would be more fair since we lost the first time we played against those teams.

In the end, we lost all our games and didn’t get a single point that season. As I initially said, I used to believe that we won the award because we showed good sportsmanship all the way. Now I realise that we probably won because we lost every single game and didn’t fold.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Brass_Monkey

My old team won the fairplay award back in season 2. I used to believe that we actually won the award because we showed good sportsmanship. We let every team we played against use mercs if they wanted, rescheduled some matches right before we were supposed to play them, only because our opponents couldn’t play after all. I believed were friendly and really good sports overall. In two or three occasions we could’ve gotten a default win if we wanted to, due to our opponents breaking several rules, but we instead agreed on playing against them again. We believed that would be more fair since we lost the first time we played against those teams.

In the end, we lost all our games and didn’t get a single point that season. As I initially said, I used to believe that we won the award because we showed good sportsmanship all the way. Now I realise that we probably won because we lost every single game and didn’t fold.

you won because norwogons are lovely

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Which is quite dumb / insulting right?

I remember, I think in one of the seasons, a team called ICantFitMyN won the fairplay award. I think they were bottom of division 6, didn’t win a single game. To this day, they are one of the nicest teams in the game. They go to a lot of lans, pulled off their first LAN victory not long ago, they never bitch or moan, they are just… a really nice bunch of guys. I don’t think these guys won the award simply because they had lost everything and kept playing. I feel the genuinly deserved the award.

If we are giving an award for just losing and not folding, maybe call it the Sympathy award?

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

I need the sympathy award, I play in fucking team fleshlight

kuma

Quoted from harbleu

Yeah, im sorry but losing all your games and not folding != fair play. It was my understanding that fairplay was things such letting teams pause when one of their players d/c or letting them using a merc. I’m not saying refuse don’t deserve it, but using the argument that they lost every match and didn’t fold is pretty stupid. Maybe its different in america where teams folding playing at top level doesn’t seem to be as big of a problem as europe.

if a top team in america folds, no-one gives a shit because they will reform with other members from other folded clans. the invite scene has the same washed up players every season, just shuffled around with different names.

whereas in europe, if you leave a prem team gl finding a new one within 10 months (especially as a scout)

Last edited by kuma,

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Poop

I need the sympathy award, I play in fucking team fleshlight

You only have yourself to blame.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I think in the beginning the fairplay award was meant to.be about good sportsmanship, over time its come to stand as the “CantFitMyN” award.

Most people look at cfmn and only ever see them losing every game they played in division 6. Thus they jump on the bandwagon of “oh that must be why they are winning” little do these people know that cfmn are the nicest guys. Even on the face of constantly losing in division 6 they allow mercs, make scheduling.easy, have played in about 5 seasons and always bring a huge crowd to every iSeries.

A lot of players outside the UK don’t see all that and most of the community doesn’t realise that, thru just think people are voting for them out of sympathy for them losing every game.

I don’t disagree that refuse have done really well to stick together through everything, it can’t be easy playing at that level without winning. I’m just pointing out (reinforcing Arx’s point) about people misunderstanding this award a bit.

Also, upcoming talent is a joke. It highlights the inner circles of the mid level divisions more than it actually gives anyone a place to point out unknown, up coming talent.

kuma

Quoted from Enef

Also, upcoming talent is a joke. It highlights the inner circles of the mid level divisions more than it actually gives anyone a place to point out unknown, up coming talent.

jealous noob

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »