Forum

Where's the new whitelist cfg?

Created 15th October 2010 @ 14:16

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Pozitive

HWarriors

“Updated ETF2L Config

As announced yesterday, we will be introducing a new Whitelist config to enforce our unlock rules. We are currently doing final tests, so expect to hear more very very soon!”

Am i blind or i should find it on the webpage? When will you release this brand new whitelist cfg?

hm, seems that im not the only one who couldnt find it. i´ve sent my dog out to search it, he´s still on the way….^^

Ripple

just forget this crap and don’t use the weapons announced as banned :x

AnimaL

ur kiddin right? this is not to be compulsory now is it?

Mark

Phase

I wouldn’t bother with this, it causes problems if you want to use the server for non-ETF2L games.

RaCio

GoT²

You won’t be forced to use it. But I can recommend it if you want to make sure nobody’s uses a new unlocks when switching to spy for example. It will be further explained in a newspost soon.

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Any news on this? We could really use the whitelist because it’s a bit of a pain to keep track of all the loadouts right now. Someone ran Heavy with GRU equipped at some point, and I went Pyro with my Degreaser still equipped for a round, which I didn’t notice right away.

So yes, I do think it’s very useful for your off classes.

Tikcus

Quoted from Lynn

Any news on this? We could really use the whitelist because it’s a bit of a pain to keep track of all the loadouts right now. Someone ran Heavy with GRU equipped at some point, and I went Pyro with my Degreaser still equipped for a round, which I didn’t notice right away.

So yes, I do think it’s very useful for your off classes.

TBH it’s not needed at all

players should make sure all their loadouts are etf2l legal before a game starts!
We shouldn’t need a whitelist because some players are idiots

hopefully etf2l admins will copy cevo, and any round a banned unlock is used will be reversed/awarded against the team that used the unlocks, they wouldn’t make the mistake twice

Waebi

‹Con›

If it’s possible, why not do it? It certainly wont hurt and may prevent teams from accidentally getting fucked over by bad rules. If someone runs out of the spawn with a wrong weapon, should the round be forfeited? I really dont think that’s a good idea. I know myself how easily you have the “wrong” medigun as a medic at the start of a game, and if that happens with a banned weapon the team will just rage and play totally badly as they know the first round was just lost. If you make this whitelist mandatory, then *great*, no more such problems.
You should ONLY give a default round win if the player actually USES it against the other team.

really Tikcus, why are you constantly picking on what etf2l does and never seem to see a single good point? I know I’m not the only one who thinks you act like a butthurt whiner all the time. If you’re that keen on making it better, why not join them, seeing that ED seems to have failed?

Last edited by Waebi,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

TBH it’s not needed at all

players should make sure all their loadouts are etf2l legal before a game starts!
We shouldn’t need a whitelist because some players are idiots

hopefully etf2l admins will copy cevo, and any round a banned unlock is used will be reversed/awarded against the team that used the unlocks, they wouldn’t make the mistake twice

you really love to whine about everything, don’t you?

Tikcus

Quoted from Waebi

If it’s possible, why not do it? It certainly wont hurt and may prevent teams from accidentally getting fucked over by bad rules. If someone runs out of the spawn with a wrong weapon, should the round be forfeited? I really dont think that’s a good idea. I know myself how easily you have the “wrong” medigun as a medic at the start of a game, and if that happens the team will just rage and play totally badly as they know the first round was just forfeited. If you make this whitelist mandatory, then *great*, no more such problems.

You should ONLY give a default round win if the player actually USES it against the other team.

As long as a 2nd cfg is made, so for ladder/other games with different rule sets fine.

But i really don’t see the point in a whitelist, do players need to be forced by a cfg to run only 1 demo or 1 medic? or do they remember it is ML & DL1.

I apologise if retards can’t make sure their unlocks are etf2l legal before they play a game, it takes less than a minute to make sure all classes you will play are legal.

let’s have multiple cfgs, just because people can’t remember. (ladder cfg, highlander cfg, one night cup cfg, koth cfg etc etc etc)

Completely agree 100% that you should only give default if weapon is used
also reasons givin above, by ripple, mark animal!

Last edited by Tikcus,

Extremer

Don’t make the whitelist mandatory. If I want to fuck around with GRU in a mix that’s unrelated to ETF2L, I shouldn’t have to access the FTP server and remove the whitelist.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Extremer

Don’t make the whitelist mandatory. If I want to fuck around with GRU in a mix that’s unrelated to ETF2L, I shouldn’t have to access the FTP server and remove the whitelist.

Quoted from RaCio

You won’t be forced to use it.

Big Chief

just a question –

say for example someone had, well lets just say a “wrangler” and has it in the loadout because for whatever reason they were on a public earlier and were poppin with it..

say they got called to play engy in game for last point and forgot about changing loadout, its in the loadout but not at any time was it being used in match..

what would happen in that instance?

another example which happened to me in pcw recently by mistake:

same with natascha and my viewmodel is off, i spawned with it in a pcw recently and on my rush to defend last point had not noticed because of no model on screen that it was out until i seen the slowdown and killed someone (and instantly got complaints of “wtf natascha” etc..

Last edited by Big Chief,

grimbar

Quoted from Big Chief

just a question –

say for example someone had, well lets just say a “wrangler” and has it in the loadout because for whatever reason they were on a public earlier and were poppin with it..

say they got called to play engy in game for last point and forgot about changing loadout, its in the loadout but not at any time was it being used in match..

what would happen in that instance?

another example which happened to me in pcw recently by mistake:

same with natascha and my viewmodel is off, i spawned with it in a pcw recently and on my rush to defend last point had not noticed because of no model on screen that it was out until i seen the slowdown and killed someone (and instantly got complaints of “wtf natascha” etc..

warmup is there for a reason

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »