Forum

Please ETF2L, PLEASE reconsider the new unlock rules

Created 3rd October 2010 @ 21:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 18 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from blisf

[…]

*Removing the least good maps on the pool.

Same applies. Who decides which map is the ‘least good’, and how? What constitutes a bad map?

Smofo

Im THAT good!

So, some people now suddenly think new maps is the way forward!? Why is loads of new stuff the way forward?! so we lower the skillgap!? instead of play badlands 1.000.000 times so we get F***ING great at it!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Smofo

So, some people now suddenly think new maps is the way forward!?

Just one guy, really :p

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]
Who decides which map is the ‘least good’,

Dunc, who else?

xzr

granlands vanilla+med plz

(jk gully and gravel are alrite too)

kuma

why not new maps? ideally there would be one new map every season. creates upsets, drama and rewards people who actually put in the time to practice.

starcraft did this best with their map pools

since unlocks are so shit the only way to keep it fresh is through maps

Last edited by kuma,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from kuma

why not new maps? ideally there would be one new map every season. creates upsets, drama and rewards people who actually put in the time to practice.

I agree with this, but I’d like to see some CTF maps (that aren’t turbine). 5CP is a good game mode and all, but it gets boring after a while :P

dauk

Quoted from kuma

gully , obs and new freight are quite new maps.

lork

Quoted from xzr

granlands vanilla+med plz

(jk gully and gravel are alrite too)

coldfront is fine too :D

Jan

k0

add coldfront and remove freight.

Spike Himself

TC

And here we go..

blisf

Talking about avalanche effect… :)

Randdalf

(0v0)

Quoted from lork

[…]

coldfront is fine too :D

I have to agree. If Coldfront had been in the game from the very start I could see it being Coldlands instead of Granlands, once tactics are laid down good and proper for it, then it’ll be a map with just the same tactical variety as Granlands. Every single alpha version of Coldfront was tested in a high level 6v6 format (albeit, in America), and if people could just be asked to learn the map I believe it could become a staple. Case in point, my team can run troll tactics on the map against many teams our skill level and dominate the match, because the other team doesn’t know the most effective tactics yet.

pena

Quoted from Randdalf

[…]

I have to agree. If Coldfront had been in the game from the very start I could see it being Coldlands instead of Granlands, once tactics are laid down good and proper for it, then it’ll be a map with just the same tactical variety as Granlands. Every single alpha version of Coldfront was tested in a high level 6v6 format (albeit, in America), and if people could just be asked to learn the map I believe it could become a staple. Case in point, my team can run troll tactics on the map against many teams our skill level and dominate the match, because the other team doesn’t know the most effective tactics yet.

The reason people hate it is because the middle and last points suck.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from kuma

[…]

What is this?

Valve made this game an MMO already, don’t make them alternate it into RTS.

My impression is, it’s funny how most of you people want to see competitive pubs or are looking for another way to confuse the other team in order to win. Old example, mentioned thousands of times, Quake, never needed alternative sets of weapons or rules to become most successful, most skill based shooter ever invented. Same with CS.

Just learn to play the god damn game if you want it to grow.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 18 Next »