Forum

DeutschLAN thanks and appreciation thread

Created 13th September 2015 @ 19:33

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

ElazulTF2

I had high expectations for this weekend but this was just topping everything I had in mind.
Just felt like I was surrounded by friends at all time, from matches to overnight streaming, it was both the stress of the competition and the chills of country side Germany full of friendly figures.

I said it already but thanks to all the organisators, Jon for staying awake with us every single night until dawn. Kkaltuu and wiethoofd for late night talks, all of Fair Enough, especially Skeej for that last night of laughs and deliciousness.

No thanks to Khazul for refusing to mge, but again thanks to Selek for taking his spot and playing drunk spy mge for hours in the middle of the night.
Thank you guys from Ball is Life for making defeat a funny process, it was such an amazing weekend and I’m truely sad to be back in France sitting here alone in front of my PC without weeaboos to turn my steam picture into an anime girl (nsfw http://i.imgur.com/ZacztIi.png)

Took me over 17 hours, 3 car drives, 3 trains and one bus to finally end up walking back home under the rain with my PC, just reflecting on my perfect weekend with great players coming from all across Europe to share their passion for TF2.

I wish you all good things, and will see you next year for sure.

ElazulTF2

Also

❤ LOL HL

https://youtu.be/uk2YletO7_s

Last edited by ElazulTF2,

Jaakarhu

Quoted from ElazulTF2

I’m truely sad to be back in France sitting here alone in front of my PC without weeaboos to turn my steam picture into an anime girl (nsfw http://i.imgur.com/ZacztIi.png)

But im not a weaboo (((. After you left your pc open twice when i went to unu’s i knew you were begging it

This was the 2nd lan i had gone to and it was truly amazing. The house, people you met and the sights were incredible and made the atmosphere breath taking around you. Thanks to Stinson foungi and kkaltuu, jon and all the other organizers for making this an incredible event and all the people at deustchLAN.

Also special shout out to Ball is life for being the best team, Lux for bringing me watermelon and to everyone who touched my afro. See you guys next year!

Last edited by Jaakarhu,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Jaakarhu

and to everyone who touched my afro.

that was one quality afro though, 10/10 would touch again

Chime

I don’t even know where to start, I’m still so hyped and simply overwhelmed from this great experience this weekend.
To be honest, it took me some time to talk myself into attending this LAN, since most of you have like… never heard of me before, and I was REALLY nervous, especially seeing so many good players on the rosters.
But I’m SO happy I did this, everybody was so friendly and it felt like I knew some of you for a long time already!

Getting rolled with your team never has been this fun and enjoyable B)
Even with us losing every single game, we still had tons of fun (and drinks, how did we even play), and I want to thank all the people making this weekend simply AMAZING.

+ huge thank you for the patient organizers still being friendly even with stress and problems going on, and for making this LAN possible!
+ huge thank you for Aoshi for giving me a spot and let me play at the LAN
+ huge thank you for Palmsky being my kinda-babysitter at the beginning
+ huge thank you for the Doktors and their delicious meat and ketchup (including ketchup-service :P ), sorry that I somehow forgot about you?? blame the alc
+ huge thank you for all the drunk people being hilarious after the matches
+ huge thank you for the monday-half of Fe for taking me in in their house for the last day and being so damn nice, it has been a wonderful evening! And Skeej made such a great meal, you missed out on something if you haven’t been there anymore :P

See you next year! ♥

Last edited by Chime,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

god DAMN what a great LAN … I’ve had some great LANs in the past but this one was definitely amongst the best. Bad for my health though, considering the amount of times I nearly died laughing. 2muchfuns!

– Thanks to everyone in Fair Enough for being simply awesome, and also for bringing nice stuff from their countries. Especially our sub Mr. Palmsky who had an amazing collection of artisanal regional delicacies. Loved it! Also, now I have a bottle of Finlandia, Balsam and the mining light drink. Score!
– Thanks to MightyMe for being an excellent driver (apart from the 2 light collisions lol), providing a smooth trip back and forth, and also getting up extra early just to provide shuttle service for others.
– Thanks to Kkaltuu and Wiethoofd for helping me clean the Fe house.
– Thanks to the weather gods for having mercy on us. Friday was so damn good; didn’t really feel like LAN, more like a perfect relaxing summer vacation. Sunday the rain stopped just in time to allow an fun closing BBQ.
– Obviously thanks to the organisers, casters, and everyone else involved for putting in the work.
– Thanks to everyone else I hung out and had a great time with!

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

I’ll keep it short

A great thanks to stinson who made everything possible. I think he did most in the organising team.(not that im not thankful towards foungi and kaltu but stinson is amazing)

Also much love towards tf2pickup.net who sponsored deutschLAN itself and my team. After all the remaining players trashed our house on sunday while we partied it was wiethoofd who cleaned up after everyone left. Thats some tremendous sponsering right there.

Yggdrasil

Fe |

Quoted from Scissors

[…]
that was one quality afro though, 10/10 would touch again

damn i knew i should’ve asked for permission to touch it!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3