Forum

DeutschLAN thanks and appreciation thread

Created 13th September 2015 @ 19:33

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Selek

Dr. med.

I figured creating specific threads would make things a bit more clearly arranged.

So:

Huge, huge thanks to foungi, Hartz, kkaltuu and by no means at all least Stinson for making this happen. The location was awesome, everyone seemed so content and relaxed. Each team had a real thing they could call their home for the weekend. And while I noticed there was a lot of stress behind the scenes, I think everyone had a blast. I thought it might be a fun LAN, but my expectations were succeeded by far. Quite different from the insomnia experience, but not in a bad way at all.

Setting up cameras in the houses made things so much more personal. Also, the streaming coverage was excellent, every round getting casted must have taken a lot of effort. So, thank you very much Jon! I’d like to share a beer (or another beverage of your choice) with you one day. I shouldn’t forget the casters as well, great job!

I will forget too many people, so I will thank them in a direct message individually, if I haven’t done so personally already.

Big shoutout to my team German Intuition, the atmosphere in our house was so friendly and homely and the matches were a lot of fun! Oh, and all the Scout mercs. We had one from every team, we were like the village bike for Scouts, hehe. And it worked out well!

My only regret is not printing more stickers. Wow, these things went away fast.

Last edited by Selek,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Yeah man, gotta say, really exceeded all my expectations too, one of the best weekends of my life honestly :-) was just so great to meet everyone I had been playing with for all these years in this kind of setting, everyone was awesome, and it was like a mini-holiday with all my best internet friends :D

all the guys from the other houses were awesome too, the mood was just great all around, don’t think there was a minute I wasn’t having a blast (except for cleaning up afterwards lol)

big props to the arrangers, already hyped for next year!!!

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

It was a blast, a huge blast! Everyone was so relaxed, friendly and social. The games were fun to play and some pretty fucking tense. *cough FE. We enjoyed you guys, hope you enjoyed us dutchies too! Still sitting at skeezi’s house with some bbq, drank & drugs.

See you soon!

SO to my team for the amazing days, LANpander… DAAANGER DOOOGS!
SO to the organisation, staff and at last but not least Stinson for keeping so cool and coming up with such an event.

Cheers!

Last edited by sno,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Not much too say, amazing event. Can we just have it again in a month?? :D

First of all, huge thanks to stinson. Don’t think we can thank you enough. You organized an amazing event and I hope it encourages you to do it again next year.
Thanks to foungi and kkaltuu as well!

Gotta give credit to the unsung heroes too:
-Jon with the stream production, he spent an entire day on the camera and at the end of it he even had to put up with unu’s singing. Big MVP.
-ygg for ingame medals
-everyone that picked up people at the trainstation
-casters
-donators for pizza
-comp.tf people for keeping the deutschLAN site updated
-selek for stickers

Thank you Lex, you’re my personal MVP. Without you I couldn’t have come and would have missed an awesome event. Thank you so much.
Thanks to LANPander, you’re all kankernice, it’s been a pleasure.

There’s so many people that deserve a shoutout but they all know that I like them anyway. :)

See you next year.

lol hl

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

Quoted from MARS^

kankernice

Mah nigga

Last edited by sno,

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Going to this lan nearly put me in debt but it was so worth it! I had an amazing time, met some amazing people, and had amazing games!

I must say the biggest thanks goes to my team – ME!ME!MEMES! Even in losses, our spirits never faltered. Shoutout to osz for being the team chauffeur and milchmann for carrying us.

Of course, massive thanks and shoutout to emilio estevez for picking us up and dropping is off to/from London. Super nice guy!

Shoutout also to Hildreth, Samski and Oxo for being our travel buddies. Thank you to all those who let me selfie with them! Sorry to all the people who I keep mistaking their identity (Khazul/Aoshi/Everyone who I forgot by the next day) Too many cool people to list but it was so great to finally meet you all in person.

Congrats to Checkers. Hope you enjoyed the cake. SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR

lol hl

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

KANKER DANGER PANDAS!!!

hope to see all the videos + photos soon!

also:
-fuck you tseini

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

It was really nice to meet everyone of you. And thanks for all the hugs. xoxo

Thanks to my team, i really enjoyed to play with you guys. :)

Und danke quintosh für dein Fön. Sonst wäre ich aufgeschmissen. :D

nevier

(XD ͜ʖXD)

shared a bed with a brit.
10/10 lan
lol @ deox and scissors XD

foungi

0fo
0FO

Quoted from nevier

shared a bed with a brit.
10/10 lan
lol @ deox and scissors XD

wow that’s racist
also i would have loved to share a bed with sexy simba

nevier

(XD ͜ʖXD)

Quoted from foungi

[…]

wow that’s racist
also i would have loved to share a bed with sexy simba

u jelly m8?
(<3 thanks for everything)

Last edited by nevier,

Yggdrasil

Fe |

i arrived quite late to LAN, i was barely able to witness the grand finals thx to blooddrunk picking me up in altenbeken. i had a rough trip there but it was nice to be able to associate faces to some of the voices i’ve become used to hearing in the past 5 years.

It’s been great to see my artwork in place & appreciated by the community, i am looking forward to distributing the medals to all staff member, participants, winners & supporters of deutschLAN ASAP.

And to Steve, Morphine, Samski, Oxo, Hildreth & Emilio – i hope you found a nice place to eat in Altenbeken.
ALSO BIG THX TO EMILIO FOR DRIVING ME TO THE TRAINSTATION!

Last edited by Yggdrasil,

Asaaj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpf60IIMSb4&feature=youtu.be

Winners Ceremony.

Nuff said, this was an amazing experience and I wouldn’t mind doing it again some time :)

unu

Just got home after 15.5 hours of driving. Giving proper appreciation later after I’ve showered, eaten and slept.

All I can say for now is, next year I’m flying!

Forty-Two

LOOΠΔ

Was an amazingly fun event, dispite getting in a car crash on the freeway on the way there. Huge thanks to OsZ for picking us up from the Paderborn train station in the middle of the night!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »