Forum

i55 - Event Communication - Suggestions and Discussion

Created 2nd August 2015 @ 17:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Less than a month to go, woohoo

Historically, during the event IRC has been used to communicate to teams and provide a platform for asking questions. It’s a little bit archaic now though, and I felt frustrated last year as I did not have any easy way to speak to people (made worse by being sat in a different hall).

So, i’m sure many of you also held similar frustrations. I’m considering making use of a site called Slack, which effectively operates a bit like IRC. The only problem is getting people signed up into the channels. After that, the weekend would be pretty smooth so long as people check it, but it has desktop notifications which are great.

Other than that i’m really looking for suggestions about what you guys want. I don’t want to have several systems but perhaps two is fine (i.e. using twitter in combination with Steam groups). Ideally, it’s some place where I can speak generally and answer questions in public as it limits the same question being asked constantly to me in a direct message.

aura

special i55 group for tf2 would be nice with announcement and stuff

Last edited by aura,

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

yeh it seems like every year whenever we do the community photo everyone has three different ideas of when its supposed to be taken

ondkaja

IKEA

Slack pls

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

The problem is that while at LAN no one is checking steam or twitter or anything like that, it’d make more sense if you just said there will be a community photo straight after grand final or something. Prepare it before anyone goes to LAN and youll get a better turnout

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Maybe have like a news post on etf2l the day before i55 with whats going to happen on each day and a rough guess at when they are going to happen

nvc

I’ve created an Event Page for the TF2 tournament for anyone that wants to join: https://www.facebook.com/events/437806063070436/

Steam sounds like your best bet though!

Last edited by nvc,

Kaneco

I think you should definitely use slack, create rooms for each team or each group / bracket and send channel announcements for important stuff

R4ndom

Devon

We should all bring pagers and whenever we had a match all our pagers would start buzzing, showing the opponent, map(s) and the connect.

beta

RaWr ::

Quoted from toogyboogy

yeh it seems like every year whenever we do the community photo everyone has three different ideas of when its supposed to be taken

It has always been immediately after grand finals :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1