Forum

i55 - 28th to 31st August - The Official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 7th April 2015 @ 01:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 Next »

asadawarf

#ΣDM
(°)>

Quoted from Nymthae

Rooms about £64/night I think for a double, but that has had a proper double bed + double sofa bed previously so you can easily sleep 4 with optional spooning.

How sneaky do you have to be getting 4 people into a room booked for 2 adults? Do they not care or will they try to make you pay for another room if you saunter in with 4 people?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from asadawarf

[…]

How sneaky do you have to be getting 4 people into a room booked for 2 adults? Do they not care or will they try to make you pay for another room if you saunter in with 4 people?

AFAIK Novotel were not really fussed, but as far as the rest go I always just check in either on my own or with one person max. When you go back at night there won’t really be anyone there, probably just one person on reception and nobody is going to check you going into the rooms. If you are bringing like air beds or other stuff if they’re necessary then that’s usually the giveaway which I know the student place at Telford noticed, so just be careful with that.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from asadawarf

[…]

me, turbo, spudd and headhunter managed to get away with 4 people in a 2 bed room one night. And 3 of us in it 2 other nights, so I think you can get away with it. This was at the Coventry City Hotel.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

On a side note both me and Swift got checked and chucked out of uni accomodation last time so be careful

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

Quoted from asadawarf

[…]

Just tell them ur lovers theyll stop asking questions

asadawarf

#ΣDM
(°)>

Quoted from Nymthae

[…]

Quoted from Alfie

[…]

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

ok thx :-)

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Why the fuck is creditcard the only payment option?

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Booked.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

They’ve changed over to eventbrite for their bookings now, so I think the lack of paypal is a consequence of that. I’m not actually sure if it’s intended or if there’s a way around it right now.

I think ash has submitted a ticket about it so they might provide a solution, or they might just say deal with it :( I’ve dropped a forum post just asking about it as well.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Ye, ticket is submitted.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from sidestep

Why the fuck is creditcard the only payment option?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=prepaid+credit+card

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Nymthae: Unfortunately we do not accept PayPal, we only accept the payment methods specified on the EventBrite payment page which I believe is pretty much all major debit and credit cards.

Lame

Last edited by Nymthae,

FireStorm

-9m-

General TF2 Hype!

Will TF2 be dumped in the basement and the finals held at crack of dawn again?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from kKaltUu

Will TF2 be dumped in the basement and the finals held at crack of dawn again?

The basement was nice :( it had carpet! I didn’t have carpet in the shitty hall I was in!

What Multiplay have done this year is separate the e-sports from the main stage (youtubers and shit). There’s an “e-sports stage” now where we had the VTV/TFTV stage last year. There’s still quite a few finals that need to be played though.

I already mentioned we’d prefer a later final, but pretty much the default response is “if people want to actually watch games they’ll have to get up/stay up for it” ergo, I expect we might get stuck with an early one again. We will have to wait and see, but still games like CS, doto, and LoL bring in more sponsorship, players, and viewers, so we’re not in a position to haggle.

Seating location is up in the air as i’m negotiating what we can get in terms of a casting area again.

Last edited by Nymthae,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 Next »