Forum

idea for a very special tf2-exclusive lan

Created 18th December 2014 @ 17:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »

Vlijm

UbeR |

Im a good english -> german translator, will provide offensive slurs for food

Quoted from Croce

If this happen I’ll cook Italian food for everyone. There’s a kitchen there, am I right?

So what you’re saying is that you’ll shower people in fish, right?

wpminnows

[PG]

i want this very much

Croce

Quoted from Freakie

[…]

So what you’re saying is that you’ll shower people in fish, right?

What?

Quoted from Croce

[…]
What?

You always said you had to check on your fish whenever I was in a pickup with you. :D

Blooddrunk

Nein

Quoted from Croce

If this happen I’ll cook Italian food for everyone. There’s a kitchen there, am I right?

Just a few of the house features…

Living room with fireplace
Seat and dining area
Fully equipped kitchen
Dishwasher
Electric stove with oven
Fridge
Coffee machine
Toaster
Iron
2 showers and toilets
Washing machine
Hairdryer
South-facing terrace (incl. furniture)

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Can we just go there for a tf2 holiday, not even to play games. Just 50 of us chilling out.

EDIT: wait what, 9*29 = 261, we could have everyone there

Last edited by Sideshow,

cube

8/10 – would come

+central europe
+attractive price/performance ratio
+no shitty hotels
+different houses (10x better in summer though, so people would actually move their asses from time to time #fuckthecold)

-internet
-no stage

i summon the great etf2l people to make it happen or ban more players

Quoted from Blooddrunk

Iron

Last edited by cube,

jakeowaty

I agree with all this. Even if it’s not as hyped as “i” series, this is still better. Location is great, housing looks amazing. Everything is included and I’m sure when we book the place in big advance, we’ll get a massive discount for so many people paying at the same time.

The main con is what someone said before: there is no main stage to watch games on, but if the host or someone of us with lot’s of money could get a high-fidelity projector, it’s entirely possible to just put it up at night in the middle and have a proper watching stage there with casters and whatnot.

Plus, both BD and kkaltuu have been messaging me about having first time ever proper HL league/cup. I think since location is perfect, it’s community-raised having a more laid-back HL cup instead of those boring 6’s all the goddamn time would be a nice turnaround.

Vlijm

UbeR |

If you need a name call it “The Community Lan – kartoffelsalat edition” for memorys sake

Last edited by Vlijm,

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

In terms of its size, it will never ideally accommodate what we’d like in terms of trying to push 6v6 (261 places ish? iseries on average is 320-350 players, not including all the production team, and with no other games/large crowds the sponsorship probably is even less likely). A different focus could be worthwhile exploring.

I reckon this could work out for a highlander tournament. Problems with HL in the past are that it’s always been second fiddle to whatever 6v6 is happening, but that is avoided here. Something like 8-16 teams range is likely achievable, and would give a good insight into the logistics of holding stuff there.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

This is just my opinion.
The Highlander community is much more enjoyable than the cutthroat bsns of the 6s life. This lan shouldnt really much about getting out the greatest skilllevel and so on but should be more a nice community expierence. Definetly would show up.

Goat

bobs

Would attend 10/10
Can give people a ride from the airport in Frankfurt, 2,5-3 hour drive.
Don’t like the idea of highlander exclusive LAN, but before we discuss things like this we actually need to sort out he organisation.

Marty

lala

I may be a heavy main but I honestly don’t care if it’s 6v6 or HL focused, chances are I’ll show up anyway and we’ll play some of both gamemodes with ppl across the houses. This sounds amazing and i’d definitely show

best part about this is, not being bound by the venue to buy beers a 5 eu. quick ride to the grocery store for schultenbrau ez gg

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »