Created 29th October 2014 @ 13:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 Next »

Hallow

P.O.P

for the memories you don’t remember #ondkaja

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Maks

If you could have gone to this event and you didn’t you really missed out. The lan iself was a bit shit yes what with the starting super late, but let’s be real. The main reason you go something like this is to hang out and make new memories with the people you already like and boy did this produce some memories.

Shoutouts to everyone I breathed on especialy Herp and CX for casting as long as they did.

c u at next lan

Thanks for sex at the beach mate

moursi

(Big Poppa)
bobs

Loved meeting you all. The TF2 tourney was a complete shambles due to the 8 hour delay, the 2-3 hour delay in between matches and the bad gear, but the LAN itself was great. Hanged out with a lot of people!

Shoutout to everybody I met during the weekend and a BIG shoutout to CommanderX and Herr_P for casting the games.

Oh yeah. Shoutout to torrit :^)

hi im cupcake

(ETF2L Donator)
notdoggo
hi im dog

I just got back home, so now that I’m on my PC I thought I’d share a bit of my experience. Obviously it was lovely meeting everyone and it absolutely made up for the train-wreck of a tournament we went through. What was quite frustrating though, was that other (non-TF2) players apparently stuck to their PCs, despite their tournament play being finished. That meant we only had around 12-24 PCs at our disposal so our first 4/5 matches essentially happened one at a time. In addition to that technical difficulties such as mumble not being installed on the PCs and having to get admin passwords made things even more of a struggle. I’d like to repeat what Perm said and stress that it’s not huhy fault. In fact a BIG thanks to huhy for putting up with all of this, staying up all the way and trying to help wherever possible! Aside from the actual LAN I’ve only had great experiences. The night in Vilnius was great and getting drunk with everyone in Kaunas was as well. Anyone who decided not to go/bail out seriously missed out. I’ve probably only had a combined 16 hours of actual sleep from Wednesday to Tuesday and arrived home today at half past seven in the morning but I still think going was tons and tons of fun and entirely worth it. Thanks for the great time, everyone!

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

So I guess i’ll have my say on things. Very disapointed with Infoshow’s attitude towards TF2. I feel for Huhy, I know he put a lot of effort in to getting this up and running again. As a LAN it has a lot of potential. The venue was the best i’ve been too. The food was good, there were things going on around the sides to do away from your PC and the stage wad decent. I didn’t like the constant EDM music playing at quite a high volume all the time. It was one of the factors for me personally wanting to quit the LAN. But you could see the organisers just didn’t care about us (TF2) and fuck them for that.

Quite a few people have asked me “Why did you leave?” Aside from the PC’s being shit, the awful EDM migrane, the six hour wait in between games and the lack of sleep from going out the night before, we (I think i’m speaking for all of us) didn’t want TF2 to ruin our LAN. Our options at that point were wait and be at the venue and play our games out (we could still have made the final, although that was unlikely). If we had stayed we would have added around another three hours to the LAN as we had to wait for Fir’s team to play their lower bracket game to play us to then see who played the Kraftas mix in the LB final. Or we could go back to the hostel, have a nap and go back out for a full day around the city. We choice the latter, and from what other people said it was the right choice.

For anyone who may go in the future if they run TF2 again (i doubt they will). Do not go focused on TF2. Go to enjoy the city, with TF2 as a sideline. You will have a much better time.

Aside from Infoshow I had a great time. Met some good blokes, had a beer or two and got to catch up with friends who i don’t get to see very often. TEZC don’t attend LAN’s, we make them.

Congrats to Ayo for coming second. You’ll get that win on day. X

Last edited by Coleman,

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from Coleman

So I guess i’ll have my say on things. Very disapointed with Infoshow’s attitude towards TF2. I feel for Huhy, I know he put a lot of effort in to getting this up and running again. As a LAN it has a lot of potential. The venue was the best i’ve been too. The food was good, there were things going on around the sides to do away from your PC and the stage wad decent. I didn’t like the constant EDM music playing at quite a high volume all the time. It was one of the factors for me personally wanting to quit the LAN. But you could see the organisers just didn’t care about us (TF2) and fuck them for that.

Quite a few people have asked me “Why did you leave?” Aside from the PC’s being shit, the awful EDM migrane, the six hour wait in between games and the lack of sleep from going out the night before, we (I think i’m speaking for all of us) didn’t want TF2 to ruin our LAN. Our options at that point were wait and be at the venue and play our games out (we could still have made the final, although that was unlikely). If we had stayed we would have added around another three hours to the LAN as we had to wait for Fir’s team to play their lower bracket game to play us to then see who played the Kraftas mix in the LB final. Or we could go back to the hostel, have a nap and go back out for a full day around the city. We choice the latter, and from what other people said it was the right choice.

For anyone who may go in the future if they run TF2 again (i doubt they will). Do not go focused on TF2. Go to enjoy the city, with TF2 as a sideline. You will have a much better time.

Aside from Infoshow I had a great time. Met some good blokes, had a beer or two and got to catch up with friends who i don’t get to see very often. TEZC don’t attend LAN’s, we make them.

Congrats to Ayo for coming second. You’ll get that win on day. X

You are so angry when sober

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Mirelin

[…]

You are so angry when sober

I don’t quite understand the point you’re making. The mind it goes in to I guess.

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

I’ll teach AYOGURL how to win LAN one day..

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I blame ond_kaja

Videos going up on my youtube – http://www.youtube.com/sideshow1994

SoniX

TEZC
TEZC

I’d like to preface this by saying on of this is huhy’s fault, who did a great job of promoting this event etc.

People have spoken about the delays which were terribad but I think the worst thing was the state of some of the PCs. The first PC I played on was fine but the second one was awful. This is not an unexpected thing like delays, the admins must have known beforehand some of the computers couldn’t run TF2 or CSGO to anywhere near a decent standard then elected to nothing about it.

However if we pretend the LAN never happened it was a great event and I met some good lads. I imagine this wont be the last international LAN you see TEZC at.

evokje

WiK?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HCzha7ccNzJ03ik2p0odd7WKBLbA0eClOuBZHYsmHwE/viewform you can go call the csgo admins retarded ))

DL

Quoted from evokje

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HCzha7ccNzJ03ik2p0odd7WKBLbA0eClOuBZHYsmHwE/viewform you can go call the csgo admins retarded ))

been there, done that

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from evokje

100% smashing them.

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from Coleman

[…]

I don’t quite understand the point you’re making. The mind it goes in to I guess.

When I’ve seen you at i52, you were so happy, laughing and smiling. As well as cheering up and full of enthusiasm :) .

Didn’t see anything of that from you neither from Shintaz. Was very disappointed :(

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Mirelin

[…]

When I’ve seen you at i52, you were so happy, laughing and smiling. As well as cheering up and full of enthusiasm :) .

Didn’t see anything of that from you neither from Shintaz. Was very disappointed :(

I wish i was there to see him throw up on that main stage, that wouldve been a happy coleman :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 Next »