Forum

2nd Lithuanian TF2 LAN - October 25th

Created 28th June 2014 @ 20:16

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 24 Next »

huhystah

BETA TF2 LAN IS CONFIRMED! Starting at 08:00 CET (for players), games should begin at around 09:00 CET.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGaxlbAUZ4M

Registration page: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15LpsiReQCX392KeUl2-_2nlaGgG1ts9eipcu2oXr4z8/

Last edited by huhystah,

Konna

drops

im in if i can get a team.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

TIME TO GET FUCKED AGAIN

huhystah

I really would like to see 8 teams again (the more the better). One of the organizers met dreamhack’s manager during login 2014 and since then they have been discussing possibilities to host LAN events. But of course before dreamhack can provide some support, we have to show what we are capable of. It is most likely going to be League of Legends, Starcraft 2 and Team Fortress 2 LAN.

Let’s make it happen gamers!

Last edited by huhystah,

walters

Maybe next year.
I wonder how much all this cost. From Latvia to Lithuania, hotel, computer rent and participation fee in euros?

huhystah

Quoted from walters

Maybe next year.
I wonder how much all this cost. From Latvia to Lithuania, hotel, computer rent and participation fee in euros?

Participation ticket: 4,4 EUR
Hotel: 8,7 EUR
Ecolines bus trip: 41,7 EUR (forth and back)

Computer rent was free this year. Not sure how about this year as it is a different group of people arranging next LAN event. We would really need PC’s for TF2 players to play their matches on. If you happen to have some contacts of company which might be able to rent at least 24 PC’s, that would be ace!

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

Had such a good time at the last one.

I think I spent a total of £150 for the whole weekend inc LAN/flights/accommodation/food/etc

The Good:

Just turn up the event with peripherals and you are good to go!
Cheap to travel to – Bristol to Kaunas = £40-60 return
Cheap to stay – we paid ~£8 per person per night for a secure 6 man hostel
Cheap to live – Taxi from city centre to venue was approx £2(30min walk), food/beer was equally as appealing.
Lithu people are fun, friendly, and cheap to adopt.
The whole town looks like something out of DayZ

The Bad:

The event itself overran (The organisational aspect has probably been sorted out now that they know what they are dealing with)
There’s some purple weird soup that looks like alien cum…id stay clear of that

The Ugly:

Mike had a nosebleed but everyone at Ryanair wished him a happy birthday on the plane(it totally wasn’t his birthday..)

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Anderson

The Bad:

hey fuck you thats one of the best meals you can get here!

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Anderson

I’m eating it right now ITS SO GOOD

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

What is it?

EDIT: Depending on flights I might be able to attend. I’d love to but I’m hella busy, if the flights align nicely and I can get some time off I’ll definitely go.

Last edited by Sideshow,

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

That’s just after GXL for us, not sure the boss would ok me for another away trip. . . We’ll see though.

On to the purple soup. I was keen to try some local food. Borsch (sp?) was suggested to me by Ms. Lithuania 2014 who was our waitress. I went for it. I do not like beetroot, but it was okay.

Also, up to now InfoShow was the most enjoyable LAN i’ve attended. But that had nothing to do with playing TF2. Kaunas is a really interesting place with some great booze.

walters

Quoted from Coleman

On to the purple soup. I was keen to try some local food. Borsch (sp?) was suggested to me by Ms. Lithuania 2014 who was our waitress. I went for it. I do not like beetroot, but it was okay.

How can you hate that soup?

Slliter

Great lan, it’ll be a pleasure to dodge it again :)

ash

(Legend)
:D

Can someone link like a recipe of that obscure purple soup? You’re all intriguing me!

huhystah

Quoted from ash

Can someone link like a recipe of that obscure purple soup? You’re all intriguing me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_borsch#Cold_borscht

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 24 Next »