Forum

i52 - 22nd to 25th August - The Official Highlander Thread!

Created 8th May 2014 @ 20:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

We are intending to run a highlander tournament over the weekend, with sufficient interest. This won’t be run through multiplay or clanflorge – Rob is your man for all things highlander!

Information below (hopefully)!

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Greetings,

Ok so the Highlander tourny for i52 is all go!

I’ve posted an interest thread here http://etf2l.org/forum/lan/topic-28553/ and it’s received some good interest, which is great!

As this is just run by us, I’ll post a sign ups form over on the T-A! website, just like I have done for the past Awesome Cup’s. Looks a little like this: http://www.teamawesomegaming.co.uk/Wordpress/submit-results/
It’s basically a Google form, you stick the info in, then it gets emailed over to me. Simples.

Sign up’s will open 2 weeks before LAN, so lets say Thurs 8th of August and will close on the first proper day of LAN, Fri the 23rd August at like 8:00pm.

How the tourny will work over the weekend
Nothing is concrete yet as we don’t know the full tf2 schedule for the weekend but hopefully, if all goes to plan, the Highlander tourny wont need much fixed scheduling. Teams have the freedom to create their own times for matches.

I will post group stage fixtures, a full list of entered teams, and leaders with steam contacts for people to get in touch with each other. Teams then have from Fri Night 8:30pm-ish till Sunday at 5pm-ish to complete their group games.
Then depending on the tf2 time table we will have the Finals and Consolation Finals on the Sunday, hopefully casted. More info on that later…. a make shift stage area would be sweet.

Teams will be able to submit scores via a form again on the T-A website, like this: http://www.teamawesomegaming.co.uk/Wordpress/submit-results/ and we will fill in the brackets asap..

Prizes
As for prizes, I’m not a rich man, but I will happily buy the winners a crate of beer/cider and a big pizza.
I will also ask WastedPrime, the Irish giant to give 1 piggy back to a team member of the winners choice. If you supply him with alcohol I’m sure he would carry you like newly wed too.

Then afterwards we can all go to the pub, get drunk and call each other scrubs.

I’ll try to create some hype for this, and see how much coverage I can blag over the weekend.

I think there will be oppositions for everyone, some serious teams are interested, and there are always drunken mix teams so in theory everyone should have at least 1 or 2 decent games depending on the number of sign ups.

Last edited by Rob!,

Doktor

Popsy
$$

ugh Im probably gonna waste all my savings going there now that I could actually play games and not just watch the 6s players.

Nice seeing someone take the initiative though, sure makes it much more interesting (at least for me, that is).

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

How much space will you have for the constellation finals?

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

space?

If your talking about timings, I said above, I don’t know until the tf2 schedule is out for LAN.
Constellation finals will be done an hour and a half before the HL finals.

Last edited by Rob!,

kaidus

WiK?

what the fucks a constellation final

teej!

Quoted from kaidus

Consolation, probably consolation

basshead

mid

Quoted from kaidus

http://www.physics.unlv.edu/~jeffery/astro/constellation/constellation_north.gif

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Rob!

space?

If your talking about timings, I said above, I don’t know until the tf2 schedule is out for LAN.
Constellation finals will be done an hour and a half before the HL finals.

No I was talking about space. Are there any rental telescopes at i52?

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Google spell check failed me :(

Last edited by Rob!,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

addict! is going so we will be able to make some sort of Team Nein, unfortunately most of the current main players won’t be there.

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Just a heads up, the i52 Highlander Tournament Sign Ups will open up on the 22nd of July, giving a full month for teams to sign up before LAN.

:D

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Hey guys,
I’m currently in the process of poking people about the upcoming i52 HighLANder tourny so it doesn’t go unnoticed at LAN again.

Does anyone know any other HL teams or mix teams that would be interested in participating?
So far I have confirmed T-A!, After Dark, Team9, TC, TIMON MIXES and people who are rumoured are Chessclub, 1rw mix team, sboob.

Anyone know who I can contact to find the guys in the UKCS team that always enters?

I’m going to be creating some hype for the tourny soon with a hype cup the week before LAN, currently in the process of getting some casters for that. Hopefully that will encourage more people to dip in to the HL cup at LAN.

I’m organising it so it shouldn’t impact people who intend to also play 6s. It’ll be pretty relaxed.
I’ll arrange the group stages and the fixtures on the Friday, teams then have till Sunday to add and play each other, deciding when is best to play. On the Sunday we will have the finals!

Should be a good laugh. Sign ups will open next weekend!

Last edited by Rob!,

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Ok draft map selection for the HL tourny:

Group Stage Match #1
koth_lakeside
cp_gullywash

Group Stage Match #2
pl_upward x2

Group Stage Match #3
cp_intermodel_g1
koth_pro_viaduct_rc4

Play offs:
1st vs 2nd: cp_gravelpit
2nd vs 1st: cp_gravelpit

Consolation Finals & Grand Finals.
Coin flip on who gets to pick the first map. Finals are best of 3 maps. Loser picks next map to be played.
Players can pick a map from the map pool below:

Finals Map Pool:
Payloadx2
pl_badwater
pl_upward

CPx3
cp_gullywash
cp_process
cp_interwhateveritscalled

Kothx2
koth_lakeside
koth_viaduct_pro