(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Sideshow

Why am I fucked if it’s Ryanair?

You get what you pay for

this is evil evil

Quoted from Sideshow

Why am I fucked if it’s Ryanair?

http://goireland.about.com/od/travelingtoireland/qt/ryanair_baggage.htm

Fucked may have been the wrong word, but that’s usually the word I go for, since ryanair and handbaggage usually goes wrong for a lot of people, and ends up getting charged a lot of money or worst-case scenario, completely denied getting the hand baggage on board if it exceeds the dimensions allowed by the slightest.

If you are flying Ryanair, I guess you have to put your PC in your cargo baggage. As I mentioned before, It’s a good idea to disconnect graphic card, any other PCI cards and the Heatsink for the CPU. If you go for that approach, remember to but the graphics card/PCI Card in an ESD bag.

Last edited by this is evil evil,

AnimaL

how is it ryanairs fault ppl cant read the 5 sentences thats on their flight ticket

if ur bag is not exceeding any of dimensions/weight then its fine, even if it is over the limit then paying 60 euro extra i bet ticket will still be 2x cheaper than flying with british airways and what not

quad

Just build a suitcase: http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/quadforu/library/suitcase%20pc?sort=3&page=1

Cup Cake

Abm.

I took my pc as hand luggage when I moved to scotland (and I put monitor in bubblewrap in suitcase) also flew with Ryanair.
Not a problem.
Granted I got alot of funny looks @ check in desks and in airplane >>

CHERRY

Quoted from this is evil evil

[…]

http://goireland.about.com/od/travelingtoireland/qt/ryanair_baggage.htm

Fucked may have been the wrong word, but that’s usually the word I go for, since ryanair and handbaggage usually goes wrong for a lot of people, and ends up getting charged a lot of money or worst-case scenario, completely denied getting the hand baggage on board if it exceeds the dimensions allowed by the slightest.

If you are flying Ryanair, I guess you have to put your PC in your cargo baggage. As I mentioned before, It’s a good idea to disconnect graphic card, any other PCI cards and the Heatsink for the CPU. If you go for that approach, remember to but the graphics card/PCI Card in an ESD bag.

Remember to take some thermal grease if you’re going to disconnect heatsink!

Bona

PMW

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
Remember to take some thermal grease if you’re going to disconnect heatsink!

Don’t forget to apply it again with a credit card!

(lmao some people actually do this)

CHERRY

Quoted from Bona

[…]
Don’t forget to apply it again with a credit card!

(lmao some people actually do this)

I always use the ruller :p

dauk

What I did was I took my sports bag and put my monitor face down, since bag had some solid plastic think on the ground in prevented monitor screen from taking direct hits. Would not save from powerful ones thou. Wrapped my gpu,cpu + motherboard , hdd in clothes and took it with my hand luggage. PSU is nearly indestructible so it went into the bag with monitor. Stuff a lot of clothes, you can even use newspaper as a buffer.
Basically you have everything in your hand luggage so duck tape something solid as carton to protect your monitor screen and it should be fine.
I did not had a pc case nor I would recommend since its dead space, I used cardboard box to protect my parts from being spilled bottle of cola by angry nerds. The biggest downside of it is that your parts are easy to steal from the box, so I had to take my gpu with me to the tent every night.
It looked like this: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-cejaTONT6ck/Tl0N-3ZyYfI/AAAAAAAAAJc/UBY8w5wgBbE/w825-h619-no/IMG_6258.jpg
Assembled: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-IaXUzMHEnwQ/Tl0N4KB6ekI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/QZyc9rHP0DY/w825-h619-no/IMG_6261.jpg

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

that’s a nasty ass chair though

MissHedgehog

.Pet

I’ll be doing this for I52, I have a mini ITX and everything is so crammed in there that I doubt anything would happen if I just wrap it in clothes/bubblewrap like it is! Still not sure which airline I’ll be going with though, I think it’s lame that you have to pay for luggage.

alba

duplo

I packed my monitor tight in the main luggage surrounded by a pillow and other soft stuff + keyboard mouse etc. Then i had a really small pc that fit as hand luggage so it was pretty nice. Nothing took any damage at all. Flew with norwegian if that matters.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

at I43 me and ace both had large suitcases with our whole tower inside. We took out the parts that could easily be damaged such as the harddrives and gpu etc. then we bubble wrapped the tower a million times. crammed it down the suitcases, you could see the bubble wrap sticking out of the opening of the suitcase. When we were at the airport we said that they were computers and should be handled carefully. I cant remember if they put some fragile stickers on or not but you can put that on yourself. It worked fine but I was expecting something every second.¨

I have not done this since.

Last edited by toogyboogy,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2