Forum

My PC won't fucking boot

Created 23rd August 2013 @ 22:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1

konr

I’m using Grimm’s PC for a few games because my PC decided (after being horribly handled by some idiot on the train, which led to the heatsink coming off, the graphics card coming out and a few other things.) it didn’t want to boot. Things turn on (fans etc) for everything in the tower but it does not boot and there is no display. One thing that the .:ne:. guys mentioned is apparently when I built this thing forever ago I actually screwed the board to the case and didn’t use a backplate or something.. idk man I’m shit at this stuff but can someone please help me fix my fucking PC :(

tl;dr pls help me fix my pc it won’t boot, playing a game now but I’ll be at H3-Q38 :p

Spike Himself

TC

If the heatsink came off the cpu, it probably means your cpu is damaged.
RIP :(

Freddy

Quoted from Spike Himself

If the heatsink came off the cpu, it probably means your cpu is damaged.
RIP :(

This. Without one, your cpu can literally destroy itself in seconds because of the intense heat.

konr

Quoted from Freddy

[…]

This. Without one, your cpu can literally destroy itself in seconds because of the intense heat.

It came off when it wasn’t on.. It came off on the train.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from konr

[…]It came off when it wasn’t on.. It came off on the train.

So? Apply only the tiniest bit of pressure in the wrong place to your cpu. It will break. On or off.

I didn’t mean to say overheating caused it to break. I was referring to the heatsink being ripped off. You need to handle that shit with care.

Vode

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

So? Apply only the tiniest bit of pressure in the wrong place to your cpu. It will break. On or off.

I didn’t mean to say overheating caused it to break. I was referring to the heatsink being ripped off. You need to handle that shit with care.

Well yes, I quoted that dude not you :P Everyone seems to think it’s either the motherboard or the CPU. If anyone has a spare pc or some shit I could use just to finish the lan with I’d be so, so grateful. (This is konr on Vode’s PC)

Last edited by Vode,

Skyride

DUCS

Wtf man. I came over to check it out and its all in bits. Give me a shout on steam when you’re back, don’t want to go messing around with it if you’re not here.

konr

It was the graphics card. Fixed it a bit late like, but whatever :(

Add A Reply Pages: 1