Forum

I49 23rd August - 26th August - The Official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 27th March 2013 @ 10:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 21 Next »

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Califax

The clanforge and schedule issues haven’t changed so i’m not really sure how feasible any of that still remained. Tapley is a man with a plan though usually.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Califax

Also, maybe do an online qualifier again this year? Get the LAN-hype starting early…

Already way ahead of you ;) Watch this space.

I’m still limited by what i can do via clan forge as its not as simple as you’d like it to be. You cant just drop people in the groups you want, or seperate play off groups, its all linked into the tournament they sign up too :[.

What i’d like in an ideal world =
6 teams (yank,oz,4 prem teams) in a group of their own where they all get promoted from this group and just playing for seeds.

5 other groups at the same time where the top 2 go through.

This then gives us the 16 we need for the double elim. However if we get over 36 teams total signing up (which we probably will) this will add more time to the group stages we just don’t have :[. (more than 6 teams in each of the 5 normal groups will add at least another 2 hours to the schedule).

Or we just do the normal 8 groups top 2 go through

Tis a brain buster for sure.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Such a shame if we have all these great teams there any only see a few games between them.

Think it was suggested last year but I really think we should have an “invite” group of 8 teams who all play each other (just like how all the other groups do) but all 8 go through to the knockout stage. This way there are entertaining games in the groups to be casted and all these great teams get to play each other (even if it is just bo1). Then have 4 or 8 “normal” groups, filled with everyone else and the top 1/2 teams from each group go through to join the “invite” 8 in the knockouts.

You can have an online qualifier to see which eu teams go into the invite group (auto give hrg and Aussies a spot cos pings) which would be epic anyway.

So knockouts would be 8 invite teams + 8 normal teams that won their group.

Don’t say it can’t be done. The Aussies don’t want to fly all the way over to have 2 games against good opponents.

This is going to be an epic event for tf2 and I really think it should be an epic spectacle to match.

EDIT: ninja’d by tapley

Last edited by CUBE,

beta

RaWr ::

So the conversations begin :)

Firstly Tapley – is it to early to find out what time we have stage finals for?

Secondly – We appreciate yours and your teams work as usual

Let’s get down to business, I think we all concluded that the invite group was a step in the right direction and promotes some great game play early on in the tournament.

Once we get into knockout would we be doing a re-seed and do dual elimination as standard from that point forward?

Mike

atmo

Give Arie / Seriouscat / some other proficient web dev admin access to Clanforge. I’m sure they’d be able to hack up something :)

Mark

Phase

Definitely go with an invite group if at all possible. Would be awesome.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

it would have to be 2 groups of 4 for invite as 1 group of 8 = 7 hours which isn’t possible.

then we’d have to have 8 groups with only 1 promotion, would only 1 promotion per group seem bad for people?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

not if the top 8 teams are already out I guess

I’d imagine 9men will still manage to beat gubbins’ mix team and progress.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from CUBE

I’d imagine 9men will still manage to beat gubbins’ mix team and progress.

NoGamblesNoWin

Fallen

TC

Quoted from Tapley ❤

it would have to be 2 groups of 4 for invite as 1 group of 8 = 7 hours which isn’t possible.

then we’d have to have 8 groups with only 1 promotion, would only 1 promotion per group seem bad for people?

Could we have a ‘lower’ knockouts bracket with no prize fund/stage finals?

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Don’t forget the highlander! ;D

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from Sideshow

not if the top 8 teams are already out I guess

True. What happened in the lans I went to was a prem team went through at the top, then a div123 mix or team went through second. If you take the prem teams out of the equation then it sort of makes sense to only have 1 promotion per group

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Fallen

[…]

Could we have a ‘lower’ knockouts bracket with no prize fund/stage finals?

You could, but you’d have to play that or highlander then, and if we make a loser tournament+highlander both will have low attendance rather than just 1 with a decent attendance. You should still get a good 4-5 group games in though if you don’t get promoted.

The final will be about 1pm on the Sunday as this means its roughly 8am in American and roughly 10pm in Australia and we can get the most coverage.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

hiiiiiiiiiiighlanderrrrrrrrrrrrr

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 21 Next »