Forum

i47

Created 28th August 2012 @ 16:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Henghast

Only issue I have is hauling all my gear on the train again. It wasnt much fun getting to and from the stations and fighting past the crowds on the trains. Otherwise I’ve no issue with it. Would be cool, who knows I might actually talk to some more people too.

I usually bring very little to lans, usually just a backpack and a small bag (mobility is superiority :DDDDDD), so if you happen to pass through any of the stops I take to lan, I’d gladly help you carry some stuff.

FireStorm

-9m-

I think if there are people who want TF2 at i47 there will be a TF2 Tourney, even if its just a fun tourney for a few teams that turn up. We can still get a few VTV staff there and cast all the games again like we did in the spring lan.

I would prefer it just being a fun tourney in a way as it can be a more relaxed lan for myself and I might even be able to play in it as well then :DDD

While at some point I was debating going I think like someone said, if people show interest it will only attract more interest from others so on that I am sold. I will be there.

Hope to see as many of your there as possible!!

FireStorm

Last edited by FireStorm,

Comedian

8 teams and i’ll be there

atmo

Quoted from Coleman

Just raising the issue, but Dan was talking to a few people at the bar on the Saturday and raised the issue of a community lan (there was one before my time). I think the guys at VanillaTV have the clout to do this kind of thing now, and if the doc that the US guys are making is good then sponsorship is a possibility.

where would we have it though?

i know, amsterdam :D

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Comedian

or sufficient beers :D

but I wouldn’t mind going for i47, after all my goal at lan is to meet more people not tryhard all day

kaidus

WiK?

Assuming people are going, I’ll be going.

Last edited by kaidus,

wOlliee

Quoted from kaidus

Ramown

TIDS

Quoted from Comedian

Quoted from kaidus

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Hopefully will be able to go, however I’ve just forked out for a new computer so I’ll probably end up going spec.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from atmo

[…]

where would we have it though?

i know, amsterdam :D

There are people far more qualified to make that decision then me. But on the continent would probs be the best idea.

byte

I already spoke to Kharne and co about TF2 for winter, I’ve specifically told them to save any money they had for i47 TF2 for the spring or summer, jus because the winter is always going to be a quiet affair.

VanillaTV could still send some staff though still as I’m sure some teams will show up for the Fun tournament. I might be going, would love an i-series where I don’t have to bust my ass for anyone :D and I think winter is the only i-series where I get to genuinely chill…

Cheers

Byte

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

I would love to go down there if tickets were cheaper.

Seems silly to have everything toned compared to Summer LANs yet still sell tickets at the same price. Also if it snows it is a nightmare to camp.

Swarlz

I’ll be there if anyone cares

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Unfortuantely usually people wait for others to sign up and everyone else does that as well and the signups fall short. The prize money does not really work on a hold the money back for the next event kind of way. I’m sure we can get some money toward the prize pot but it would be staggered to the amount of teams that show up. We’ve had it in the past (i41 i think) where 1000 pounds was put up for a 6 or 7 team tournament, which is stupid and makes us look bad :].

However i’ve always found the winter events to be great, real men camp in winter!

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from FIR

[…]

I usually bring very little to lans, usually just a backpack and a small bag (mobility is superiority :DDDDDD), so if you happen to pass through any of the stops I take to lan, I’d gladly help you carry some stuff.

That would be awesome. If it werent for the base unit it’d be easy as hell but I only crippled a taxi driver who got to my bag before I could stop him. So yeah if you pass near Manchester at all that’d be cool.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »