Forum

I46 - 24th - 27th August - The official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 8th May 2012 @ 11:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 45 Next »

FIR

SnG

Quoted from severus

Anyone from Finland who has some information from past experience to share about how to get to i46 the easiest way, and relatively cheap? Also, should I try to get a laptop that runs TF2 instead of getting my 25kg PC and all other equipment to the LAN?

I’m not sure about the getting to LAN bit, but I can vouch for bringing a laptop that runs TF2. I do it, and it really saves space for other things and makes life so easy. But if you want tower bragging rights, then it’s not for you :P

dougiie

CotC

whats the deal with renting a pc/monitor? how much?

is it set up away from everyone else or can it be set up where you want to sit with your mates?

yach

Üb

Quoted from dougiie

is it set up away from everyone else or can it be set up where you want to sit with your mates?

http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/2012/01/27/i45/pc-rentals-now-on-sale/
Seems cheaper than paying for excess weight both ways

atmo

Can you rent just a monitor?

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from severus

Anyone from Finland who has some information from past experience to share about how to get to i46 the easiest way, and relatively cheap? Also, should I try to get a laptop that runs TF2 instead of getting my 25kg PC and all other equipment to the LAN?

For i43 I took a flight to Heathrow and then trains to Birmingham and Telford. Ryanair also offers cheap flights from Turku to London Stansted, which is what I’m looking at currently. A flight to Birmingham will save you a lot of hassle with trains/buses etc but it’ll cost more.

For i42 I had just a laptop, keyboard, mouse, headset, some clothes, a towel and a small sleeping bag all crammed into carry-on luggage. For i43 I borrowed a keyboard (nova <3) so that saved some space. A laptop was good enough for me at both events.

Mark

Phase

I’ll be there with my life partner Blind.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

HYPE.

FireStorm

-9m-

Quoted from dougiie

Yes at the last event you can hire pcs/monitors, I think this is what some of the guys from EV did and they seemed to get on well (mostly) with the pcs. You can for a deposit or something if I remember get them put where you want so you dont have to sit in a certain area. Details would normally be released nearer the time but this was the information for i45

http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/2012/01/27/i45/pc-rentals-now-on-sale/

On another note it would be worth us getting a list of equipment us in the UK could have / bring to the event for people coming from abroad. I have a couple of spare monitors and even a pc if people really needed them.

FireStorm

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from SnowiE

Mr Tapley sir, I have a question. Is it possible to get clan booking discounts on the £73.60 price tickets, or do the clan booking discounts only apply to the full price tickets?

According to one of the Multiplay staff I asked the clan stacking bonus applies to the not-early bird price.

severus

burn

Quoted from Snyyppis

[…]

For i43 I took a flight to Heathrow and then trains to Birmingham and Telford. Ryanair also offers cheap flights from Turku to London Stansted, which is what I’m looking at currently. A flight to Birmingham will save you a lot of hassle with trains/buses etc but it’ll cost more.

For i42 I had just a laptop, keyboard, mouse, headset, some clothes, a towel and a small sleeping bag all crammed into carry-on luggage. For i43 I borrowed a keyboard (nova <3) so that saved some space. A laptop was good enough for me at both events.

Yeah Ryanair seems to have some good and cheap options.
That Turku-London flight on 23.8 and trains down to Telford would be perfect with EAS.

Just the financial problems left to fix then..

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Has anyone ever tried getting there with a PC+screen from Central/Eastern Europe?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from freshmeatt

Has anyone ever tried getting there with a PC+screen from Central/Eastern Europe?

Pikachu bought his entire setup to i43, though luggage handlers did break his headset. You also might have to pay extra money for heavy luggage, not entirely sure it may depend on the service. Yeah it isn’t too hard, I got a huge case with your PC and monitor and wrapped it in loads of bubblewrap.

Trent

‹Con›

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

If you’re flying then I’d suggest an aeroplane. If this isn’t viable, I can also vouch for growing a giant peach and attaching a shit load of seagulls.

It’s from Dahl’s James and the Giant Peach you uncultured rabble.

yach

Üb

Quoted from freshmeatt

If you’re putting all your stuff in one bag then you’re going to pay excess and it will probably cost more than just renting a pc. And putting heavy load/fragile stickers all over your bag won’t stop the handlers/airplane from destroying all of your stuff.

wpminnows

[PG]

how do i get a pc from portsmouth to wherever

it is large

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 45 Next »