Forum

i45: Who's actually going?

Created 8th March 2012 @ 04:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

kaidus

WiK?

Is there going to be a half decent competition or is it going to be another i44 in the hope of BoA taking it’s place?

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Dodge

this is evil evil

The day they introduce 9vs9 instead of 6vs6 in TF2, I’ll be going :P

Else it could actually be great fun!

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from this is evil evil

The day they introduce 9vs9 instead of 6vs6 in TF2, I’ll be going :P

Else it could actually be great fun!

It’s hard enough for some teams to get their 6 into England, let alone 9!

Could be interesting though

this is evil evil

Quoted from Morphine

[…]

It’s hard enough for some teams to get their 6 into England, let alone 9!

Could be interesting though

Yeah.. didn’t really think of that :( Guess that’s true. Would also require more organizing from the host due to more seats is required and such.

Btw, how popular is utility classes in 6vs6 these days? Is pyro/spy even used? :)

FIR

SnG

Btw, how popular is utility classes in 6vs6 these days? Is pyro/spy even used? :)

That depends on the situation. Some people are godawfully good as spy, but usually such classes are employed more as a suprise thing or (for pyros) last ditch attempt to save last cp. Spies are more tricky, since any team paying good attention to the scoreboard+comms would know pretty much instantly. Then again, if deployed as a suprise, it could work.

Although most popular utility class atm is sniper, simply because why airblast when you can pull off glory moment quickscopes on the medic :P

Last edited by FIR,

[…]

Yeah.. didn’t really think of that :( Guess that’s true. Would also require more organizing from the host due to more seats is required and such.

I see Pyros, Heavies, Spies and Snipers used every day in 6v6 but they’re all very situational e.g. Heavies are only pretty much viable for lasts because otherwise it makes the game slow and is very easy to counter.

Last edited by Tommy Testosterone,

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from kaidus

Is there going to be a half decent competition or is it going to be another i44 in the hope of BoA taking it’s place?

BoA cuz cheap, TUP AND amsterdam! Then i46 :D

this is evil evil

Quoted from Tommy Testosterone

[…]
I see Pyros, Heavies, Spies and Snipers used every day in 6v6 but they’re all very situational e.g. Heavies are only pretty much viable for lasts because otherwise it makes the game slow and is very easy to counter.

Ok.. think I get the picture now. 6vs6 is as I remember then :)

I’m actually considering going to i45, since It’s in the UK, and I live in Ireland. But man.. a ticket is 92£.. Is it usually that expensive?

Evil

I’m going to play css because tf2 is deader than Zyzz

this is evil evil

Quoted from Evil

I’m going to play css because tf2 is deader than Zyzz

I don’t entirely agree with that.. didn’t the news here on ETF2L state that there was over 300 signups for the 6vs6 season, and the same for the highlander season? I think that’s pretty good :) But sure, you got a point if you compare the competitive activity from CS:S. But when you find TF2 way more fun that CS:S it’s a simple choice for me :) Also, I’m one of those that wasted way too much time on CS during my childhood, so no way I’m gonna play CS:S.

But HF with CS:S man :)

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

[…]

I don’t entirely agree with that.. didn’t the news here on ETF2L state that there was over 300 signups for the 6vs6 season, and the same for the highlander season? I think that’s pretty good :) But sure, you got a point if you compare the competitive activity from CS:S. But when you find TF2 way more fun that CS:S it’s a simple choice for me :) Also, I’m one of those that wasted way too much time on CS during my childhood, so no way I’m gonna play CS:S.

But HF with CS:S man :)

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg?1307463786

Zethzio

AJ

elemental violence will be there.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

This is evil evil ignore evil (strange sentance) thats been his catchphrase for the last 3 years :D.

Basically in tf2
i-series winter lans = hardly any comp teams as no one likes to winter lan 4-8 teams
i-series spring lans = lots of community teams and players + a few comp teams 16-20 teams
i-series summer lans = everyone comes and partys o. 48+ teams.

It looks to be heading that way again this event, so come down im sure we can find you a team if you want to play in a more fun team etc. We always run a fun tournament on the Sunday where all unlocks are allowed, and there are some highlander mixes started etc.

Tickets are that price currently, but if you buy them during the “early bird” they are about £62. ITs well worth the money though for 5 days of fun :o.

this is evil evil

Quoted from Tapley ❤

This is evil evil ignore evil (strange sentance) thats been his catchphrase for the last 3 years :D.

Basically in tf2
i-series winter lans = hardly any comp teams as no one likes to winter lan 4-8 teams
i-series spring lans = lots of community teams and players + a few comp teams 16-20 teams
i-series summer lans = everyone comes and partys o. 48+ teams.

It looks to be heading that way again this event, so come down im sure we can find you a team if you want to play in a more fun team etc. We always run a fun tournament on the Sunday where all unlocks are allowed, and there are some highlander mixes started etc.

Tickets are that price currently, but if you buy them during the “early bird” they are about £62. ITs well worth the money though for 5 days of fun :o.

Sounds cool man! Thanks for the info. :) Will begin looking at flight connections from Ireland to the UK! Shouldn’t be a problem. Birmingham Airport is the closest to the venue, right?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »