Forum

[BoA] Battle of Amsterdam - new information TBA

Created 23rd January 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 29 Next »

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from Qun

Anyone has a problem with having multiple games at the event? Or do you rather have a real community LAN, TF2 only?

Prize pool will go up if we add SC2 or DotA 2 for example, but TF2 won’t be the only focus any more then.

I mind. Prize pool wouldn’t differentiate that much with another game (hey, you gotta give that game a lot of prize money too) and it would just steal focus from the one thing we all share and love – TF2!

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Qun

Anyone has a problem with having multiple games at the event? Or do you rather have a real community LAN, TF2 only?

Prize pool will go up if we add SC2 or DotA 2 for example, but TF2 won’t be the only focus any more then.

Personally I would love this, purely because TF2 is all about the LAN. If we can get some of the casters/streamers and players to stick around and watch the TF2, we can gain mass exposure and more peeps.

atmo

Quake Live please.

Qun

GoT<3

Quoted from fisk

[…]

I mind. Prize pool wouldn’t differentiate that much with another game (hey, you gotta give that game a lot of prize money too) and it would just steal focus from the one thing we all share and love – TF2!

If we add a game like SC2, DotA 2 or LoL. More sponsors will be interested, so that means more money to TF2 as well.
I just want to know people’s opinions about it.

Quoted from Vlijm

[…]also, futari, tapley, caliban, fjack, bam, revive our awesome lan team? Coz we allmost won the community lan :>.

Please do it. Please.

Septique

Wow this sounds really good, right Hys?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Crashsites point about bringing in casters/streamers etc from other communities is good. And Day[9] made a similair point on a recent LoL podcast, we shouldn’t see other games as competitors for an audience but as a way to bring in more people to eSports in general. Which is what most competitive games want to promote, the acceptance of eSports as a whole. There shouldn’t be all this inter-game rivalry nonsense, we should all be working together to further the scene etc.

But enough about that, let’s get high and drunk and say how much better our community is than any other whilst also doing the same shit they do but justifying it in different ways!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bEziAvifpos#t=570s Day[9]’s comments, for those interested.

Last edited by Enef,

Edd

T2P

dota2 fosho

put in dota 2, or Warsow. Let’s play fucking warsow fuck yeah

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Qun

I HAVE A PROBLEM CANCEL THE LAN.

Seriously though a couple of other games to bring in a few more sponsors should be a good thing.

Trane

DotA – Qun, if you get TF2 and DotA there’s a good chance you may be able to get Valve involved in some capacity, even if it’s a blog post, sky is the limit :)

I’d say getting in touch with them is definitely worth a shot.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Trane

DotA – Qun, if you get TF2 and DotA there’s a good chance you may be able to get Valve involved in some capacity, even if it’s a blog post, sky is the limit :)

I’d say getting in touch with them is definitely worth a shot.

So true…

atmo

especially if James “Admirable” McDonnell wrote a whiny post about it on VanillaTF2.org

Valve might get a taste for competitive

kaidus

WiK?

As long as it doesn’t negatively impact the TF2 competition it can only be a good thing.

Snyyppis

RLM

The venue capacity is also one thing to consider, as long as there’s enough space for people to spectate I see no reason to not have multiple games.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 29 Next »