Forum

I42 Unlocks Poll/Discussion

Created 2nd March 2011 @ 14:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Edd

T2P

Quoted from lolage

Sorry to bump this up, but seeing as ETF2L is sponsored by Multiplay is it not common courtesy to support the current ETF2L config at the Multiplay LANs?

i will not be attending iseries if they use the same ruleset as etf2l now

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

ETF2L and iSeries TF2 are different admin teams and we decide our own rules separate from ETF2L :)

Tapley and I still need to come to an agreement on the unlock rules but he has been away with work for a while so we haven’t had a decent chat on it yet (so no promises), but I personally would like to see a unified ruleset across TF2 (IMO one of the things TF2 needs to continue growing competitively and support the LAN scene). With Assembly, Winter Assembly, MaxLan, ESL’s league, and part of Wireplay all being Vanilla+med I’d like to continue the trend and make iSeries Vanilla+med. Additionally, I’m always for encouraging non-TF2 teams to enter the tournament(however unlikely it may or may not be, though we have had a handful. The iSeries tournaments are a great place to start because we have some fantastic guys in the community teams that would support them) and would like to remove the idea that they might not be able to compete or might be disadvantaged because they haven’t unlocked various weapons.
For those looking for variation and more of a fun game in return I would like to make the group stage games cover the different game types (5 CP, Stopwatch, CTF, KOTH) rather than just a handful of 5-0 rolls. Being as Tapley is for Cinnamon I guess we could leave it open for both teams to agree to allow it if they want, but at lan this could turn into a logistical nightmare.

However, for those looking to play with unlocks we will as ever be looking to create a second TF2 tournament later on in the LAN with unlocks allowed and to be managed more upon agreement of the teams playing each other. I just hope this would not cause teams to avoid the main tournament and just enter the fun tourney. The fun tourney is more as a thankyou to those community teams that have entered the main tournament and gone out in the groups.

Last edited by Mole,

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Edd

[…]

i will not be attending iseries if they use the same ruleset as etf2l now

omg edd stop emo =/

:p

kaidus

WiK?

If for any reason it’s insisted that unlocks play a part in i42, I think it might be an idea to consider segmenting the ruleset for different phases of the competition. Seeing as around 50% of worthwhile LANs a year are the assembly invite, it makes sense to adhere to a similar rule standard they layout. That being said, however, it is worthwhile to encourage community teams so perhaps permit unlocks in the group stages when most of the teams that are serious to encourage vanilla can sail through anyway but come elimination and finals get them supremely the fuck out of there.

Also I’ve had many LAN experiences with dodgy steam server connections where half the event could get unlocks at random whilst the other half couldn’t. Given there’s nothing that can be done about that situation when it occurs, vanilla seems the obvious way forward to keeping things fair.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from kaidus

Also I’ve had many LAN experiences with dodgy steam server connections where half the event could get unlocks at random whilst the other half couldn’t. Given there’s nothing that can be done about that situation when it occurs, vanilla seems the obvious way forward to keeping things fair.

This!

DeadlyAvenger

(=WDG=)

I want my equaliser! :)

Mike

TEZC

vanilla please

Ran

rebeLion

Quoted from Mole

With Assembly, Winter Assembly, MaxLan, ESL’s league, and part of Wireplay all being Vanilla+med

Where did you see about the MaxLan being vanilla+med? In the current ruleset of the french Masters which regroup the biggest french LANs (and of which MaxLan is part of), a bunch of unlocks are allowed.

Still most of the games played in french LANs only use med+eq with the very occasionnal bonk/sandvich and the Masters admin are openminded, so hopefully changes will happen in the future.

Last edited by Ran,

WOODY[

Op4

Quoted from Mike

vanilla please

Black_Bob

[DA]

Just dont touch my equaliser and I wont moan to much :P

konr

Vanilla + medlocks + eq
I would also like bonk to be there though.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Black_Bob

Just dont touch my equaliser and I wont moan to much :P

Goddamn Bob! Learn to not hit every ceiling!!

agron

Relic

vanilla + medlocks and power and digntias wont dodge the lan.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2