Forum

TF2 TV - About the LANs and our work with them!

Created 26th January 2011 @ 22:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

ThePledge

Note: This post has been taken directly from our website and posted here, so that the people attending one of the four LANs will have some information on the coverage we will provide.

Over the next couple of months, Team Fortress 2 will finally be present into the LAN scene where “we”, as a community, usually rise far above the other communities. Apart from a few missteps in 2010, it has been a successful year for TF2 considering the amount of teams and players at Insomnia 40 and the professionalism at the Assembly events. And now, as we’re about to enter the winter and spring LANs, it a good moment to start preparing and to start wondering to yourself: “Am I going to make an effort for TF2 and for eSports in general?”

For me, as the main caster and one of the founder and managers of TF2 TV, that answer is easy. I will be present at all the big events throughout the year. Obviously I will not be able to attend everything, considering I’m just a student, but I’ll try the best I can. And with the petition for Dreamhack, the prize pools rising and the urge from the top teams to be the best everywhere, I cannot help but think that 2011 will be amazing for TF2.

Within the TF2 TV Staff, I have presented my wish for TF2 TV to be present at every European event in 2011, no matter how big or small the LAN is.
This post is created in order to let the entire community know that TF2 TV will be attending Winter Assembly, Epic.LAN, MaxLAN and Insomnia 42 to cast and provide coverage live from the venue(s) in order to make TF2 a bigger, better and more known game for everyone who is somehow related to eSports. I personally believe that if we want that to happen for the game we love, we need to take action.

Let me give you guys and girls an overview of the LANs that we will attend for the next three months, together with the people who will be present at the event (confirmed so far) and with their role:

——————————————————————-

1. Winter Assembly
Helsinki, Finland – From 11th till 13th of February 2011 – Website http://www.assembly.org/winter11

Pledge will be present at the event to cast. Admirable will be guest casting the semi-finals and the grand final on Saturday evening. Pledge needs more guests for Friday evening and for Saturday morning! For all the Finns out there – just get in touch with the TF2 TV Staff! With a bit part of the top teams, as well as some Russians attending, this is going to be an amazing event!

2. Epic.LAN
Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, UK – From 24th till 27th of February – Website http://www.epiclan.co.uk/

ShoX, David and Krimson will travel to Uttoxeter for the fifth edition of Epic.LAN in February. ShoX and David will be the main casters for the event, and Krimson will be handling all the stuff behind the cameras (microphones). With the signups for this event being fairly disappointing so far, all I can say is to keep signing up for this event! I want to see some more UK people at UK TF2 events! Make TF2 happen in 2011!

3. MaxLAN
Epinal, France – From 18th till 20th of March 2011 – Website http://www.maxlan.org/

Pledge and Comedian will travel to France in March to cover the TF2 tournament at MaxLAN! This is the first French LAN that has been opened to other European teams, and damn Europeans like croissants! A lot of top teams and the best of the French teams will cross their daggers in a field of baguettes and cheese. Maybe there will be some blight|mvp influences on the occasional cast as well…

4. Insomnia 42
Newbury, West Berkshire, UK – From 22nd till 25th of April, 2011 – Website http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/

Around the time the Easter Bunny comes around, the TF2 gamers will be camping at the Newbury Racecourse once again. After a very successful i39 and i40, but a very disappointing i41, we should get back the reputation we deserved after two amazing i-series. TF2 in Newbury is supposed to be a crazy time, something that will only be strengthened by the casters that will be present at the event. Depending on the Epic.LAN production, the decision will be made which casters will attend the event. So leave us some feedback and come down to Newbury to view the result in person!

———————————————————————

The next 90 days will be all about TF2 for the staff of the biggest casting medium in TF2. We will try our best to bring the coverage to the people at home as fast as we possibly can. Still, if there’s anything wrong or you have any ideas for us to implement for future events’ coverage; please don’t hesitate to contact us through the Contact button on our website!

Before I close off, there’s one last thing I’d like to address.
Obviously, in order for TF2 TV to be present at the event, the entire staff needs to spend some money. With a reasonably spread out staff, we will mostly be able to pay everything ourselves. But as I’m sure all of you know, money does not fall out of the sky in order to pay our tickets to TF2 events (unfortunately).
That’s why we’ve set up a Donate button on the right hand side of our website. We understand if you live in Israel, Eastern Russia or Iceland so the travel costs would be too high for you to attend any events. But the least you can do is chip in a few euros, pounds or dollars and make sure the coverage will get better and better, with which we will make sure TF2 receives a bigger role in the eSports community.

Thanks in advance, and I hope to see all of you in person somewhere over the next three months!

– Patrick “ThePledge” Fuchs

TF2 TV Website – http://www.tf2tv.com/
Steamgroup – http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2tvcom (thanks for reminding marco!)
#tf2tv in Quakenet

Last edited by ThePledge,

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

I <3 TF2TV

Make sure to join our Steamgroup: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2tvcom

Last edited by mvp.,

Black_Bob

[DA]

Awsome started tuning into the live streams recently should be good :D

Edd

T2P

cu@lan pledge

kaidus

WiK?

Fucking love everyone at TF2TV.

lolage

TSPAG

Very cool, nice to see your covering lans outside of the i series!

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

keep up the good work fellas!

moar youtube VODS!!!

F2

Danmark

very nice to see such an ambitious project – looking forward to all the casts!

winbar

Glad to have the TF2 TV team coming along to epic.FIVE to make sure that everybody outside of the event sees what we can do!

What will be interesting for us after this event is whether as a LAN organiser, we support TF2 again for epic.SIX, all depends on the interest from the teams! We’re certainly happy to do so, as long as the community wants and supports it!

Califax

dyn.

Awesome stuff… Gotta love TF2TV!

Quoted from BoneS

moar youtube VODS!!!

+1. Need less uni work.

ThePledge

Krimson finished up Epsilon-Diggy from the ETF2L semis yesterday, so you should all be able to see those on youtube today :) Also, if you click on the Watch Again button on our website, you can find the own3d.tv vods very easily!

If there are any editors out there willing to help with the creation of VODs, please contact either myself or Comedian in #tf2tv :)

cu@lan people!!!

– Pledge

Gubbins

Op4

cu@i42 pledge

Fucking love TF2TV.

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

I can help you at WASM if needed, because I don’t think Pentaerytritolitetranitraatti will win the 2 top teams on our group, though I might be busy drinking with dajackal & co <3 :D

Last edited by tarmo-,

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Quoted from tarmo-

I can help you at WASM if needed, because I don’t think Pentaerytritolitetranitraatti will win the 2 top teams on our group and might be busy drinking with dajackal & co <3 :D

Welcome ladies and gentlemen for another exciting tf2tv cast. We’re following the assembly group stage game between Power Gaming and Pentaerytritoleltriarn; guys, can we start over please?

Good luck boys, you’ll need it! :D

But in all seriousness, keep it up lads, tf2tv going huuge!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »