Created 18th October 2008 @ 19:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

Rockas

IDM.

oh ok. ty for help guys ;]

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Fox

Chris, you seem to be quite knowledgable, yet I don’t get why you recommend higher cmdrate and updaterate values (40-66) but let cl_interp stay the same.

I meant to type 0.01 :<

sadly my above wasn't a paste, and i failed at adding zeroes.

Fox

fleisch!

0.01 is also wrong. The lowest possible cl_interp value is determined by min(cl_interp_ratio)/max(cl_updaterate). Thus it’s 1/66 = 0.0152. Any value below is set to 0.0152 by default.

Last edited by Fox,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Fox

0.01 is also wrong. The lowest possible cl_interp value is determined by min(cl_interp_ratio)/max(cl_updaterate). Thus it’s 1/66 = 0.0152. Any value below is set to 0.0152 by default.

then it is not wrong as such, because it will not go down to that value.

i don’t usually bother to calculate the interp because of that.

Asskicker

GoT<3
HoT<3

Hi, I’m using Chris’ TF2 config and I’m having stuttering problems. (I did also before using Chris’ TF2 config.)

These are the settings I currently use:

// Misc
cl_predict "1"
cl_predictweapons "1"
cl_showfps "1" // Show unsmoothed FPS meter
cl_showpluginmessages "0"
fps_max "60" // Limited simply to keep GPU temps down
r_unloadlightmaps "1"

// Net
cl_cmdrate "60" // +1 on max of 66 to account for discrepancy between server/client
cl_interp "0.01"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_interp_threadmodeticks "0"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_pred_optimize "2"
cl_smooth "0"
cl_smoothtime "0.01" // Failsafe for cl_smooth forcing
cl_updaterate "60" // +1 on max of 66 to account for discrepancy between server/client
rate "100000" // Never going to use this much bandwidth, just relieves any feasible cap

And I’m getting this negraph with it:
http://localhostr.com/files/393b25/netgraph.jpg
http://localhostr.com/files/6f4110/netgraph2.jpg

Game also isn’t running very smoothly, has stuttering and stuff.
Also, I mainly play Soldier, not sure if any of the commands in Chris’ TF Config have an effect on rockets :P

Last edited by Asskicker,

AnAkkk

Quoted from Fox

If sv_maxupdaterate is not set to 66, you can go lower than 0.0152, but since you’ll still receive 66 updates/s, this’ll cause registry problems.

C.WOLNY

ORIGINAL

Quoted from Asskicker

Hi, I’m using Chris’ TF2 config and I’m having stuttering problems (I did also before using Chris’ TF2 config.

Also, I mainly play Soldier, not sure if any of the commands in Chris’ TF Config have an effect on rockets :P

The stuttering sounds like a problem I had until a few days ago. If you use Windows 7 try http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/31980-lag-online-games-windows-7-a.html. From http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-9988/

Fox

fleisch!

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

If sv_maxupdaterate is not set to 66, you can go lower than 0.0152, but since you’ll still receive 66 updates/s, this’ll cause registry problems.

No you can’t. 66 is maximum for TF2 (not for CSS though). And if sv_maxupdaterate is lower than 66, you get higher values obviously.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

That’s not correct, if cl_updaterate is set at 66 and cl_interp_ratio is set at 1 then 0.0152 is correct (that’s roughly 1/66) — since less updates would mean you need a higher interp, and a higher interp ratio would also mean you need a higher interp ratio, and 66 is the maximum updaterate that will have an effect in TF2, there is no situation in which you should use a value lower than 0.0151515152.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Asskicker

Hi, I’m using Chris’ TF2 config and I’m having stuttering problems. (I did also before using Chris’ TF2 config.)

These are the settings I currently use:

// Misc
cl_predict "1"
cl_predictweapons "1"
cl_showfps "1" // Show unsmoothed FPS meter
cl_showpluginmessages "0"
fps_max "60" // Limited simply to keep GPU temps down
r_unloadlightmaps "1"

// Net
cl_cmdrate "60" // +1 on max of 66 to account for discrepancy between server/client
cl_interp "0.01"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_pred_optimize "2"
cl_smooth "0"
cl_smoothtime "0.01" // Failsafe for cl_smooth forcing
cl_updaterate "60" // +1 on max of 66 to account for discrepancy between server/client
rate "100000" // Never going to use this much bandwidth, just relieves any feasible cap

And I’m getting this negraph with it:
http://localhostr.com/files/393b25/netgraph.jpg
http://localhostr.com/files/6f4110/netgraph2.jpg

You must have a very old version of my config, it has had the following netsettings for a while now:

// Net
cl_cmdrate "67" // +1 on max of 66 to account for discrepancy between server/client
cl_interp "0.0152"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_pred_optimize "2"
cl_smooth "1"
cl_smoothtime "0.05"
cl_updaterate "67" // +1 on max of 66 to account for discrepancy between server/client

I don’t believe my configs have ever had the cmdrate set to 60 D:

Last edited by octochris,

AnimaL

why smooth 1?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnimaL

why smooth 1?

It’s something I’ve fiddled around with and have got feedback on, it can be very helpful against laggy opponents, and at other times is not noticeable.

AnAkkk

Quoted from Fox

[…]

No you can’t. 66 is maximum for TF2 (not for CSS though). And if sv_maxupdaterate is lower than 66, you get higher values obviously.

Quoted from octochris

[…]

That’s not correct, if cl_updaterate is set at 66 and cl_interp_ratio is set at 1 then 0.0152 is correct (that’s roughly 1/66) — since less updates would mean you need a higher interp, and a higher interp ratio would also mean you need a higher interp ratio, and 66 is the maximum updaterate that will have an effect in TF2, there is no situation in which you should use a value lower than 0.0151515152.

It looks like you both didn’t understand my post.

sv_maxupdaterate can be set to any values. Some stupid server admins who don’t know that the server tickrate is 66 set sv_maxupdaterate to 100, and then some stupid players set cl_updaterate to 100 and cl_interp to 0.01. This cause them to receive 66 updates/s (because server tickrate is 66) but the interpolation time will be 10 ms, which will fuck up everything since it’s too low for the update rate.

AnimaL

what exactly does it fuck up… im stupid and ive played on updaterate 100/interp 0.0201 whole life

as far as i know, if updaterate is <100 it affects interp once you use it below 0.03

Last edited by AnimaL,

Fox

fleisch!

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

[…]

It looks like you both didn’t understand my post.

sv_maxupdaterate can be set to any values. Some stupid server admins who don’t know that the server tickrate is 66 set sv_maxupdaterate to 100, and then some stupid players set cl_updaterate to 100 and cl_interp to 0.01. This cause them to receive 66 updates/s (because server tickrate is 66) but the interpolation time will be 10 ms, which will fuck up everything since it’s too low for the update rate.

I would like to actually test that, but I don’t have a server which sv_maxupdaterate i can screw up. My clans war server runs at sv_maxupdaterate 66, and when I used cl_interp 0.01 for testing purposes, it was limited to 0.0152 like I have said before.
If you have a server with which you can screw around, then I would like to test that there. Otherwise i will not believe you. :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »