Forum

NA and European TF2... Let's experiment!

Created 21st March 2010 @ 07:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 Next »

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from Fragga

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2742/euromedr.jpg

similarities to numlocked’s hud here.

scnr.

vhalin

dstry

kaidus – it’s not a matter of competition as it is a matter of bringing the two scenes together and discovering how the playstyles clash.

People are asking about east coast playing on a EU server. East coast gets ~110 to most higher end UK servers if they have a good connection. This would be doable maybe against Russians or Israelis, but not against Fins or Swedes, where they would half the ping of the East Coasters. Remember, for something like this to happen pings would have to be even.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Quoted from nTraum

[…]

similarities to numlocked’s hud here.

scnr.

rofl

GangsterAlgot

Quoted from Fragga

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2742/euromedr.jpg

Is this some ingenious way of remarking duncs penis size?

Chopin

The server should be located here:
http://bildr.no/view/612916

What host have servers located at the X ?

extine

Didn’t see this thread till it was 6 pages deep, but let’s talk.

West coast to NY + Europe to NY should exhibit similar pings. No matter what, Ping will be an issue and the matter won’t be properly settled until the teams can play against each other on LAN. That shouldn’t stop us from trying.

I’m in favor of playing this match in a bo3 euro format, w/30 min one half maps. It’s only fitting that for this special occasion we throw out any sort of Map picking system and just stick with Granary/Badlands/GPit.

I’m most definitely down to help with coverage.

Lucian

Hello all,

I am completely new to the pro gaming community, but I am a network engineer IRL. For what its worth, my ping-wise advice would be to try servers that are hosted on the Cogent Networks backbone somewhere in New York or London. Cogent is the second largest network in the World http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogent_Communications and also check this out: http://www.cogentco.com/img/other/networkmap_large.jpg
Most of your providers are buying Internet off of the Cogent or their direct clients, or are connected to them really closely anyways. This would put everyone’s ping to closer levels, big time.

I don’t want to troll no more, but if I can help with this just say so.

Last edited by Lucian,

agron

Relic

Quoted from Waster

This is a good initiative to bring the two scenes together and there is tried to give equal circumstances for both NA and Euro teams. So stop trolling and other negative comments. Its only an experiment. Maybe the opportunity for dignitas to take revenge for their last defeat against the americans. Try to ping to that server to see if its playable.

Next time we play a NA team is either on a .eu server or a lan.

cMw

Quoted from agron

[…]

Next time we play a NA team is either on a .eu server or a lan.

u are mad u cannot adjust to ping yes?

agron

Relic

Quoted from cMw

[…]
u are mad u cannot adjust to ping yes?

yes. It is my dearest hope a bold n brave side from the Land of the Free will show us how to adapt to the pings and play on a .uk server. (150-175 is playable afterall)

Last edited by agron,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Hmmm.. another solution could be two-way satelite connection with descent upload. That would solve the pingdifference problem. Only but is, the upload-speed is donkeyballs on most satelites. And there aren’t alot of providers.

You would need someone to sponser for a NA EU satelite game though. But thats the only way I can think of, to play on mutual acceptable latency’s.

Last edited by Andee,

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Worth saying again for those who don’t read – the pings will be equal to both sides (both sides includes europe) both sides will ping around 100/110ms – if you think playing on that ping is unacceptable then you’re probably not going to be good enough to compete in the first place.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Andee

Hmmm.. another solution could be two-way satelite connection with descent upload. That would solve the pingdifference problem. Only but is, the upload-speed is donkeyballs on most satelites. And there aren’t alot of providers.

Sattelite connections have absolutely the worst latency imaginable, like 700+ on a good day. :P

Anyway, I may have a solution to get the EU guys with pings < 90. Only catch is it would have to be at i39. However if someones up for that, let me know.

skinnie

TCM

Quoted from Fragga

Worth saying again for those who don’t read – the pings will be equal to both sides (both sides includes europe) both sides will ping around 100/110ms – if you think playing on that ping is unacceptable then you’re probably not going to be good enough to compete in the first place.

We played EG like 2 weeks back and they had about ping 110 and their demo had ping 80-90, but they gave up after playing 18mins. So fragga if one of American top teams can’t handle the ping (if this was the case anyway) how will we, stupid Europeans, be able to cope with it ?

Last edited by skinnie,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Sattelite connections have absolutely the worst latency imaginable, like 700+ on a good day. :P

Down speeds are incredible high mate. Even higher then cable/dsl. But the up is the problem. You need an expensive two-way connection for that.

Fragga: Hope your server gives no pingdifference. But fact is, that most servers still do. Only way to avoid that, is to have an connection that doenst travel underneeth a oil-refinery on the northsea.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 Next »