Forum

Razer Salmosa, drift control

Created 8th February 2010 @ 22:22

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Kasuno

So whats the problem with the Abyssus, sorry but i didnt understand. I dont know anything about mouses but i was looking for a “small” mouse and Abyssus was the only one decent i found. :(

The vertical tracking is jittery (the horisontal is fine though). Bring up paint or equivalent and draw vertical lines, slowly, and you will see what I mean. I have tried it on SS QCK+, FuncSurface1030 and my tabletop, all with the same result. A high dpi gives more zig-zag than a lower but the deviation is pretty much the same.

Last edited by ell,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Kasuno

So whats the problem with the Abyssus, sorry but i didnt understand. I dont know anything about mouses but i was looking for a “small” mouse and Abyssus was the only one decent i found. :(

If you’re not a cloth pad user you don’t have much to worry about.

*insert disclaimer here*

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Arie

[…]

If you’re not a cloth pad user you don’t have much to worry about.

*insert disclaimer here*

Wrong. I get exactly the same result on a FuncSurface1030, on both the rough and the smooth side. No worse, no better.

Last edited by ell,

Kasuno

Deimos

Well i tested it in my pad. Its Roccat Sota and its plastic, not cloth.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/kasuno_bucket/abyssus.jpg

I moved really slow.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Kasuno

Well i tested it in my pad. Its Roccat Sota and its plastic, not cloth.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/kasuno_bucket/abyssus.jpg

I moved really slow.

Interesting. It does seem to have a bit of the same problem but it’s not all that bad. Eigher it’s the pad or Razer made some tweaks in the later mice. I bought mine short after release, and you 3 days ago. Can you make some circles in paint to make sure they haven’t patched the firmware with drift control in secret to make it go straight? Koeitje mentioned what this is early on in the thread. What sensitivities and what dpi are you using?

Last edited by ell,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

I don’t have the Abyssus, but the 3500DPI Deathadder which uses the same sensor.

Cloth pad (Goliathus) had jitter, hard pads (Exactmat, Destructor) did not (or far less).

Kasuno

Deimos

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/kasuno_bucket/abys.jpg

These are the circles you wanted. Whats the best configuration to get less negative or positive acceleration ? Im using right now : default windows, 1800 dpi, 1000 hz, 1.5 ingame. Also using st launch optiones like noforcemaccel …

shape

Quoted from Kasuno

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/kasuno_bucket/abys.jpg

These are the circles you wanted. Whats the best configuration to get less negative or positive acceleration ? Im using right now : default windows, 1800 dpi, 1000 hz, 1.5 ingame. Also using st launch optiones like noforcemaccel …

Try setting the DPI to 450. The jittering is worse at 1800 DPI. To keep your original sensitivity with 450 DPI, multiply your current sensitivity with 4. Also, for an acceleration fix google “CPL Mousefix”.

nvc

Quoted from shape

[…]

Try setting the DPI to 450. The jittering is worse at 1800 DPI. To keep your original sensitivity with 450 DPI, multiply your current sensitivity with 4. Also, for an acceleration fix google “CPL Mousefix”.

lol…

ofcourse the jittering is worse on the desktop with 1800dpi because it’ll be a faster sensitivity by default without some windows sensitivity tweaks, if you put 450 dpi and high sens you’d get the same effect…

Atleast… that makes more sense than your answer…

Last edited by nvc,

nvc

In response to the OP

You are saying you hate the mouse having not actually experienced drift control, come on man :) If i tell you do jump off a bridge, would you?

shape

Quoted from nvc

[…]

lol…

ofcourse the jittering is worse on the desktop with 1800dpi because it’ll be a faster sensitivity by default without some windows sensitivity tweaks, if you put 450 dpi and high sens you’d get the same effect…

Atleast… that makes more sense than your answer…

I’ve experienced the jittering to be better at 450 DPI, but maybe thats just me.

mavve

YOYO\'
syster

I think prediction is nice, and tried turning it of but the mouse seems like it doesnt read well when its turned of. So ill stick with prediction :)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Hmm I also got vertical jitter @ high sens. But carebear, just happens at highsens.

Kasuno

Deimos

What mouse are ya using Koeitje and mavve ? Salmosa, nope ?

Last edited by Kasuno,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Kasuno

What mouse are ya using Koeitje and mavve ? Salmosa, nope ?

DA 3500dpi on QcK.

But I just went to the store and bought an Abyssus. I fucking love the small size (couldnt get used to the DA, no problem with the tracking itself). Also bought a Destructor. Glide is not very smooth, but maybe the mouse’s feet need to wear off a little. My old G2 diamondback glides so smoothly on it. My 1 month old DA 3500dpi is slightly smoother as my new Abyssus, but no where near as smooth as my G2 diamondback. When my G3 diamondback comes back (sent it in under warranty) ill report on that one :P. Now I just gotta sell this DA 3500dpi.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »