Forum

Whats a fast demoman on badlands?

Created 20th December 2009 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Waster

As demoman I was perfecting my jumps to mid on badlands. I was wondering how fast you need to be on mid and how fast is a perfect runout. The normal timing, entering house, is a bit hard to measure IMO while you’re airstrafing. So it might be a better idea the time when taking the healthpack (bonus is that you can hear when you take it).

With normal runouts i am taking the health at 44. Then i am arriving the other demo at roughly the same time, sometimes a bit faster when he fails a jump or a bit slower. I think everything below 43 is considered slow. And 45 or more is fast. For example this runout from Ryb i consider as fast with 45 and i rarely get that time.

So whats the fastest time possible? And what is a time i can be happy with if i can pull it off 90% of the time?

Last edited by Waster,

Kasuno

Deimos

A spanish guy called RoL3 know how to jump faster than the rest of the other demoman incluidng ryb, extremer and this guys, ask him …
The average time i think its about 9:45 – 9:44 when picking the med pack. I think the second jump it’s the key of going faster or slower.

Extremer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mahD5AwudWk (you can do this one with 9:45 when going outside the house)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z4qOd844G8 (you can land on the train at 9:45 with some practice)

Last edited by Extremer,

cMw

the stair jump pretty much makes or breaks how quick u are, if u dont slide perfectly u’ll get there at max usually 9:42 for shooting ur first sticky out of house, or a really late 9:43

if u make the stair jump usually its 9:43,:44 which is very acceptable since thats when the other demo if hes quick should arrive

i could be wrong

Waster

Thanks extremer. I was practicing and i was able to do a really good run with that second jump, 45 fast. But are you able to do that jump consequently?

And that reptile jump is not really practical. You dont take a healthpack so you are pretty low already. And i can only basic airstrafing. Not a 90 degrees airstrafe with a double stickyjump.

xzr

the stair jump takes some practice but it is perfectable. just place the sticky in direct line with the left side of the stairs, try to find the distance fitting for you

xzr

also to be precise hymzi invented the choke jump, not reptile :/

hymzi

[MIPC]

What the heck is reptile jump – I belive he was just happened to be playing/speccing for the team when i/we first time tried it with crack clan.. Anyway, the point in jumping from the lobby to choke is that you can pretty much either kill one of the scouts right away or atleast damage them enough for your scouts to pick them up. If you play it well, it doesnt matter whether your weak or not. Though this is tac fails if your team is coming through the house & enemy demoman has the time to block it. Pushing through the choke with whole team isnt really that good either if the enemy team is playing aggressivley, though it might be safer one since you can easily just pull back if needed.
Still, i prefer either normal or the balcony route since they are the fastest & safest ones.

Mike

TEZC

Extremer’s time was 9:46 0_o

cMw

u can exit the house at 9:44(same time as extremers route) taking the normal jumps w/o having to do the backwards one out of spawn, you just need to be perfect on all of your jumps

Extremer

u can exit the house at 9:44(same time as extremers route) taking the normal jumps w/o having to do the backwards one out of spawn, you just need to be perfect on all of your jumps

Yeah, but if you perfect the jump in my vid, you can do 9:45! I never use it though, depends too much on which spawn spot you get.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Is it possible to do a double sticky jump from window to balcony? :D

Sofa King

Wut do you have a link? :D

Spary

I think hymzi done that, and might even got farther too :o

cMw

Yeah, but if you perfect the jump in my vid, you can do 9:45! I never use it though, depends too much on which spawn spot you get.

yea i know and ive tried to do it a few times and 9:45 was my fastest as well but the jump out of spawn depends on the spawn u have as u said and i dunno how worthwhile it would be to perfect something u couldnt use all the time

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »