Forum

WINDOWS 7 MOUSE FIX FOR TF2 REGEDIT

Created 24th October 2009 @ 20:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

^dazed

Right. For those of you who had mouse acceleration turned off in vista/xp (most of you), and have upgraded to win7….you have probably found that even when you turn off mouse acceleration in the control panel there is still some acceleration present in game. Microsoft are retarded for this but luckily someone found a fix. A guy on some pub that I know showed me this and it really works, you need to edit the registry but by entering certain values it will make your mouse feel like it did in xp without any acceleration that win7 normaly adds.

Ok so type regedit in the run box and then go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Mouse

…..there you will see “SmoothMouseXCurve” and “SmoothMouseYCurve”

now right-click on the Xcurve one and click modify.

BEFORE YOU EDIT ANYTHING YOU MUST NOTE DOWN THE NUMBERS THAT ARE THERE

dont worry about the stuff written in the left or right column, they will simply change depending what you write in the middle. Unfortunately you cannot copy and paste from the middle column so you will need to write them out manually. Just type them out in notepad in the same row and column format and then save the file somewhere save. This is just in case you fuck up so you can get your original settings back. Then go ahead and do the same for the middle column for the Ycurve, copy them down and save them somewhere safe.

Now youre ready to change the values. Enter these:

xcurve

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 A0 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 40 01 00 00 00 00 00
00 80 02 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 05 00 00 00 00 00

ycurve

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
66 A6 02 00 00 00 00 00
CD 4C 05 00 00 00 00 00
A0 99 0A 00 00 00 00 00
38 33 15 00 00 00 00 00

Once you are done you should find that your mouse feels right again game just like it did in good old XP!

ENJOY!

^Dazed

PS. Thanks to Nifty who found this fix.

Jh

Hey dats!

also http://esreality.hexus.net/?a=post&id=1755972

^dazed

also http://esreality.hexus.net/?a=post&id=1755972

dammit someone got there first!

fawwles

TSUN~

Unlucky Dazed.

ChOun

iCon

Oh thank you, for days I asked myself if I did not go crazy to think that my mouse pointer sensitivity itself: D

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Unless I’m missing something glaringly obvious this is just the CPL mouse fix.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6404/mousecpl.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3189/mouseetfl2.jpg

Digiwill

=[IDK]=

cool dude, gonna try this :) there’s no file.reg which u can open to manage this? :P

^dazed

cool dude, gonna try this :) there’s no file.reg which u can open to manage this? :P

not as far as i know, people just doing it manually atm i thnk

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

love being ignored

^dazed

love being ignored

oh right ye! use that then :)

Digiwill

=[IDK]=

oh o/ clu :D

i will just use cpl thingy then

gryzor

This does not apply to people using proper grear – i.ex razer.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

logitech are infinitely superior to razer, but let’s not go there :D

Last edited by klu,

Psyche

logitech are infinitely superior to razer, but let’s not go there :D

No point going there anyway, people that use razer say razer is better and people that use logitech say logitech is better.

^dazed

razer mice are built like stuff you get in christmas crackers imo, they are so brittle the slightest knock and they fall apart. Ive broken 2 lachesis, 1 diamondback, 1 copperhead, and 1 deathadder. But my logitech g5 has lasted me 2 years now its built solidly so ye, razer mice are shit tbh.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »