Forum

SOLDIER SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM TF2

Created 21st October 2009 @ 01:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Quoted from Largos^

Now that the WAR update has dropped, what do you think about how Valve handled the issues that everyone brought up?

Direct Hit – Requires aim so you can’t just point at the ground and insta-gib scouts
Buff Banner – Gives the soldier a “support” role with a kritz-meter which charges based on skill and aim
Equalizer – Increases running speed and allows for some clutch picks and escapes
Gunboats – Opens up new rollouts to mid, opportunities for picks, as well as skip jumping.

In fact, the new weapons solve ALL the problems with the old soldier. Why not eliminate the original rocket launcher (make people aim, not splash) and require 1 buff banner? (Expand the “uber/kritz” timing meta-game aspect.)

Completely agree. The 1 thing this game needs is more clutch elements because that’s what makes CS so popular, therefore I really love TDH and the Equalizer. I agree that now everyone’s super used to the über-mechanic, so forcing a buff banner would definitely make things interesting, and as everyone already agrees, the more diversity the better. Ideally I think every team should run 1 soldier with original weapons and 1 with unlockables so we have the most diversity as that’s what makes tf2 fun.

One of the problems with solder (imo) is that he doesn’t require aim/skill with regular RL but with TDH he does and it’s also rewarded, so I think it’s a great addition! Really loving the update and hope Valve doesn’t change a lot.

ZeyOrk

TDH does present some oppurtinities for twitching soldiers, dont get me wrong, the normal RL is also great for flick/twitch shots, but TDH just doesnt appeal to ppl that plays tf2 comp. The causes could be:fail-aim, cant risk to sacrifise splash damage. To wrap it up, TDH fits the quote “all aim, no brain” Its a good idea from valve, but the soldier is already equipped with great weapons from beforehand, so it was to be expected that he didnt get even greater weapons.

Spary

Quoted from Largos^

[…]

You forget that div1 soldiers are fighting div1 scouts :-)

I do not expect any div1 scouts to go straight onto a soldier’s face, im just saying that once people realize that TDH make soldiers frag as good as scouts this game will be much more offensive and less spam choke moments and not really killing anybody if the enemy is on full health.

Sure scouts can hop around and avoid rockets from TDH but once a soldier reach the level of precision with the TDH I don’t think it will be that much of a problem to kill div1 scouts.

Memento Mori

TDH is for noobs. Seriously, every time I even hear that piece of shit it begins to give me a headache. All they are doing is making it harder on themselves to kill things in exchange for occasionally (once every 5/6 mins) actually getting a kill, instagib or “airshot” (not really an airshot when its hitscan though)

octochris

(0v0)

Whenever someone on my team in a pug uses direct shit I rage to high heaven.

It’s not even a victim of the same “it’s incredibly overpowered” nonsense that came about with the introduction of the backburner when the pyro update came out ages ago, it is a victim of people who would rather be seen to have the occasional airshot or percieved ‘stylish’ kill instead of actually using a weapon that does the damn job.

I am ready to get flamed :3

reggin

FoF

Quoted from BERSERKER

[…]

good post.

Jackium

<3 Fruit

Best idea so far for this game. Medic sitting behind 2 demoman and their traps and scouts dueling for points.

Randdalf

(0v0)

I definately think the Buff Banner deserves another go. It’s the Kritzkrieg of the Soldier update, but hasn’t got the attention it deserves.

Waster

Useless thread is useless. One half says soldiers are imba, other half says its nerfed. Just remove minicrits of tdh, damage buff of equalizer and the buff banner and its fine.

atreides

Would like to test a buff banner with a ragemeter that decreases when there’s no damageoutput for too long.

And fix the Equalizer finally, i.e. no damage bonus, retain the speed.

Cooler

4Queens

Quoted from BERSERKER

Why?
Soldier is indubitably the class with the lowest skill ceiling and lowest effectiveness scaling with skill ceiling. If a soldier is attacked by a scout, and can’t find him after half a sec of flailing his mouse, he will look into the ground and fire frantically. Additionally it is the slowest class.

Steps to remove the soldier:
Instead of playing with 2 soldiers, I think the format should change to 2 demos and 3 scouts (and obviously a medic). This will remove the soldier slowing the pace of the game down and increase overall enjoyment, as soldier is arguably the most boring class to play.

If the soldier is removed from competitive play, I am almost positive community growth will spike.

cool story bro

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from atreides

Would like to test a buff banner with a ragemeter that decreases when there’s no damageoutput for too long.

And fix the Equalizer finally, i.e. no damage bonus, retain the speed.

+1

People forget sometimes that it does not matter how you kill someone (just take the sniper as an example: headshot? bodyshot? wayne dead is dead).

dauk

remove well from tf2

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from dauk

remove well from tf2

it wasn’t that bad

Stew

Quoted from Waster

Useless thread is useless. One half says soldiers are imba, other half says its nerfed. Just remove minicrits of tdh, damage buff of equalizer and the buff banner and its fine.

So you are basically saying “I want the old soldier weapons with new skins”

I mean, what’s the point of the removing equalizer’s dph (damage per hp) ability. I think that nobody will use it then. If I am gonna run around the map at 1 hp, with almost the speed of the scout, I sure will like some benefit of it…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »