Forum

Div 1-2 players, plz!

Created 19th October 2009 @ 22:42

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Isai

flowerpower/

Ok I’m not a div1/2 player, but is it just me or do all the guys here have crazy low sens? I need about 4cm to do a full 360.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

About 34 cms/13 inches for a 360.
viewmodel_fov 0
fps_max 75
crosshair #5, smallest size, fully white.

Ok I’m not a div1/2 player, but is it just me or do all the guys here have crazy low sens? I need about 4cm to do a full 360.

Yeah, I noticed it as well. How do you guys do that? I play at a DPI of 1000, windows sensitivity at default (7 I believe) and ingame at 8, I can’t bear any lower. Feels horribly sluggish.

Deux

No viewmodel, you never want anything cluttering your screen.
Different crosshairs for different weapons, important if you have no viewmodel :P.
Use this guide to tweak your mouse settings http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html
I personally have a 90cm wide mousemat, got 60cm for a 360. Mouse is running at 1000poll and 500dpi. I use my arm to do the big moves then “fine tune” my aim with wrist, works really good due to the low sens. I would recommend low sens, I improved my aim dramaticly when I did. The aiming method I use is flick shooting, I find it alot easier than to constantly track my oponent, note this only apply to scouts since they have the hitscan weapon :P. Another tip to scouts is to strafe aim in duels with other scouts.

Get a crt monitor! Im playing with a “fake” widescreen – 800×400 and with 165hz on my 21″crt(Samsung SyncMaster 1100df. This really does make a difference, Ive played with many lcd displays and they just cant compete with the crt’s just yet.
Get a fps config, you must atleast have the same fps as your hz. Another thing you should do is to adjust your lod settings with an application such as Rivatuner, this makes the textures more blurred/stretched and gives a more “clean” look to it. Its important not having anything that can distract your eye from your oponent.

I usually edit my colors settings when I play, I raise the digital vibrance which makes all colors more vibrant, makes you see the red and blue clothes on players more easy. I also turn up gamma a notch so I dont have any dark places on the map.
Get a good HUD, depends on class but some really makes your life in tf2 more easy :P.

Lastly, allways ask higher skilled players for help and take their advice, really saves time so you dont need to find out the best way to play yourself. Though you probably will find your own way to play.

Practise makes perfect.

ps. I know Im not div 2-1, but Im on my way :)

demsii

EPA

Settings is all about preferences though, that’s why I don’t really believe in using somebody else’s scripts/settings to “improve” your gameplay. You always end up tweaking it to your liking in my experience.

Class: Soldier (primairy, but I use the same settings for every class)
Sensitivity: 4.5 @ 1800 dpi
Mouse: Logitech MX518
Mat: some Q-Pad big ass gaming mousemat
viewmodel: on
viewmodel_fov: 62.33
crosshair7, red, scale 19.30
monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T200 @ 60 Hertz
fps_max 101
resolution: 1440×900

That’s all you need to know ;)
(But people do claim I play with insane settings ;x)

Last edited by demsii,

ONlock

YOYO\'

exec aimbot.cfg

exec aimbot.cfg

don’t forget wallhax.cfg

Evil

Sorry, TF2 is dead

Iller

tGa

Another thing you could ask for is if they use duck jump scripts or rocket jump scripts.

There seems to be some beliefs among many new players that most “pro” TF2 players use those scripts. Would be nice to have some facts to show them regarding this.

Ok, I have no division since I’m not a part of a team, but I have more experience (in terms of playtime) in playing my main class solly than anyone else. I have tested almost all different kinds of settings there is and I think I am finally about to find what is perfect for me :

Class : soldier
Mouse : Steelseries Ikari laser
Mouse sensitivity : 1 in TF2 6/11 in Windows. Takes 18 cm to do a 360.
DPI : 2360
Viewmodel_fov : 110
Crosshair : nr 1 size 128 colored yellow.
Mousepad : Qpad
Screen : 24 inch and using it’s full 1920×1200 resolution.
Keyboard : Razer Tarantula
HUD : ifsix hud
fps-config : yes, originally from Coinz I think
DirectX : 9

Not using rocket jump or duck jump script :)

Last edited by Iller,

SfynX

T2P

Soldier
viewmodel_fov 90
sense 1.8
(G5 Mouse with default settings)
Directx9
m0res old HUD
no fps config
normal crosshair
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
22″ 1680×1050 Samsung 2233bw 60hz

Last edited by SfynX,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Accuracy.

compton

cvx|

Accuracy.

Anyone else hear the Quake announcer?

Jh

Hey dats!

maybe thats exactly why you arent a div1/2 player

;)

toasty.

PHX

I’m confused about screen resolution. Why do you chose what you use?

C.R.E.A.M

Class: every class
Sensitivity: Windows 6/11 and Ingame 13.5 @ 1600 dpi
Mouse: Razer Diamondback
Mat: Roccat Sense Mauspad Glacier Blue
Cfg % HUDs: no cfg or HUD
viewmodel: on
viewmodel_fov: 75
crosshair: normal
monitor: LG Flatron L1950SQ ; 19 inch
fps-max: 101

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »