Forum

TF2 Instagib is back!

Created 28th August 2009 @ 02:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

sc.lofty

After an extended absence, numerous attempts to fix it and a whole lot of annoying MikeJS, TF2 instagib has been fixed from its post-hat fuckup. It plays exactly the same as it did before, with a few minor changes –

• Sniper rifle has been replaced with scattergun. Valve managed to fuck up the way TF2 igib’s class selection worked, and as such this is the only way to make it work. The refire rate is the same, so the gameplay is not changed. It can be changed to pistol, however, if enough people dislike the loud noises and spammyness of the scattergun (that, and FAN is still usable and THAT DAMN NOISE IT MAKES IS SO ARGH).

• Added a kill-counter. You will need to enable this with a few commands –
“ig_frags 1” will enable the kill-counter.
“ig_fragspos x y” will allow you to position it to where you want. It works from 0 – 1, so for example, “ig_fragspos 0.5 0.5” will put it dead central, or “ig_fragspos 0.02 0.02” will put it in the top-left corner.
Add these to your autoexec. It won’t change anything in your normal game.

The IP is – 85.234.148.19:27035 – and currently it is fully public. Anyone is welcome, provided you don’t sit and camp 24/7, or I will kick you.

Spawn camping is fine, in moderation, as there is about 2s of spawn protection as you respawn, but if you sit in middle doing nothing but camp the exits, I will kick your ass. Play for flag-caps, not for frags.

Hopefully we can get some good games going nightly, and turn this into something more than a single server full of turbine-middle camping fuckbag noobs.

Maps in current rotation (all tried + tested for instagib) are :

ctf_geothermal_b2
ctf_greystone_b2
ctf_ig_badlands2
ctf_ig_redshed
ctf_impact2
ctf_turbine
ctf_well

The server now allows for download, thanks to a mirror from SKyRIDE – everybody thank him!

See you on there :)

julieN1

cQr

really good, finally back!

Get the games on lads! tf2 ig!

infussle

+1

kaidus

WiK?

What’s with the maps? tc_hydro? Come on now even regular pubs realised that was shit.

eoN^

What’s with the maps? tc_hydro? Come on now even regular pubs realised that was shit.

think about it, its open, alot of nice long strafe jump spots. Could be really good :X

kaidus

WiK?

I played it and it isn’t though :/. It’s just really lame and luck based.

reCon

<3 instagib.. but i hope without crosshair :D its funnier!

Norris

why would anyone want to remove the crosshair while others draw or pin dots on their screen? :>

eoN^

It is actually funner without the crosshair :D

try cl_crosshair 0?

jgmaster

BM

I like how the scout can do rjs with his scatter ^^

FUCK YES, INSTAGIB

sc.lofty

Map rotation is fucked. Fixing atm.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

not as fun as it used to be :(

sc.lofty

not as fun as it used to be :(

It’s exactly the same. The only difference is the particle effect / sound from scattergun, which I can change in the source (only to pistol) if you want.

Skyride

DUCS

o/

Added the server to my favourites, will be on later.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »