Forum

13th August TF2 Update - WTF

Created 13th August 2009 @ 23:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8

Moose

[MIPC]

Anyone one apart from appe get a soldier medal?

http://www.teamfortress.com/classless/hidden/today_is_a_good_day/

I did o/

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

It said I got wan but I ain’t seen it yet D:

Skoberget

Gurka*

I don’t really like the new demoman stickyjumps… In case you don’t know you take maybe 25ish more damage from your own stickys while jumping, but you fly a lot longer.

I think it kinda screws us who play demoman in competetive mode. Since we usually wanna be fast to the middle we jump ahead of our medic, now that will be dangerous since we’ll arrive with very little health.
Not to mention the fact that the timing of doing different jumps is way of. After having done thousands of jumps you learn exactly how to use them to get a certain length/height, now you’ll have to learn it all over again.
I guess there are some uses with beeing able to jump longer/heigher, but I think I prefer the old way.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Will be patched soon

grey

nm

GET SOME LIVES @ PEOPLE WHO GOT THE MEDAL

<3

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

does anyone else think it feels like the rockets have been sped up a little? :>

Hiper

-YSND-

Will be patched soon

The Pipe´s 0hp self damage is a bug aswell or it is intended?

end0

[x]

new sandman and FaN feel great
new demo jumps are a bit confusing, but increased length opens many new possibilities
AND I HAVEN’T GOT A MEDAL OR A NEW HAT YET ):

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Will be patched soon

The Pipe´s 0hp self damage is a bug aswell or it is intended?

Bug I guess. Because it still does self damage when not pointblank.

WalWer

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7608/snowf.jpg

wtf is that, spamming my console. Also i got very low fps on this koth map.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I think the update is pretty decent. The demoman stuff does give a little ‘wtf’ but other than that, things seem to be good.

A scout with 95hp is not going to be able to fight against other scouts, unless of course he lands the ball on one. I don’t think many players would use the sandman in 6v6 because of this though it might be used in some situations such as defending a final point or on maps like cp_well where scout’s don’t play so much of a role in direct combat fights.

The stun is annoying but I think it could probably be unbanned now, or at least acceptable to use (test) in PCWs without the enemy team raging at it.

The FaN is great, sure it has a movement nerf but you can jump higher with it so it’s just different. The modifications to the combat side of the weapon does take away from the gun (a nerf), but it still does it’s job, is just as effective at close range and fixes most of the annoying parts of the weapon. I like it, just will take a little while to get used to it.

There are lots of other good additions such as autoreload, and a few wtf ones such as capture crits. Otherwise a pretty decent update!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8