Forum

cp_glacier, a gravelpit style map in a winter theme

Created 8th July 2009 @ 03:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

looks awsome

I’ve been keeping tabs on this map all the way through the alpha stages and it just keeps getting better and better! I’d be really surprised if this didn’t end up getting made Valve official at some point but more importantly I can’t wait to see what it’s like in 6v6 now it’s finally in beta :D

iQue

keso

Hey Acegikmo did you happen to play Trackmania before? Think I recognise your name :]

Ace map by the way, absolutely beautiful. Layout seems fine too, but haven’t had a chance to test it properly yet. Great job!

Bjuo

looks amazing
will try

Meyer

IsF
G9

love it

Shyguy

Cool map. But the doors by redspawn opens from top to bottom instead of vice-versa. You get stucked in it while moving out of the spawn :3

iQue

keso

http://i32.tinypic.com/16941ub.jpg

Keep the roofs accessible! It’s awesome :D

Leifalot

[Ci]
>sᴛ<

I hope this map becomes the next community map!
And yeah it would be interesting to test it in 6v6.

Acegikmo

-disco-

Hey Acegikmo did you happen to play Trackmania before? Think I recognise your name :]

Yep!

Cool map. But the doors by redspawn opens from top to bottom instead of vice-versa. You get stucked in it while moving out of the spawn :3

The reason they move downwards is because if it would move upwards, it would go through the roof sticking out from the top.
So it isn’t really possible to make it go upwards; and I’m not sure if I want to redesign the red spawn, as I am pretty satisfied with the current looks of it.

Arnold

DAKKA

the roofs will make people cringe when playing.

not because they are accessible, although that makes heavy cry (and probably every class that can’t get up there easily)
but because they are so steep you travel vertically at immense speeds making you very difficult to hit when running around on them.

it’s bad enough to have that kind of height advantage.

for the doors: just change the model to a door that has an animation. (eg. the doors used in gravelpit red spawn.)

Acegikmo

-disco-

the roofs will make people cringe when playing.
not because they are accessible, although that makes heavy cry (and probably every class that can’t get up there easily)
but because they are so steep you travel vertically at immense speeds making you very difficult to hit when running around on them.
it’s bad enough to have that kind of height advantage.

The map is balanced with those height advantages in consideration. Getting up on that roof is a great way for blue to maintain control of the upper area, and to get rid of sentries that are visible from there, but out of range.

for the doors: just change the model to a door that has an animation. (eg. the doors used in gravelpit red spawn.)

The animated door is wide, whereas my door is thin. I like the thin versions alot more since it they look better in their current locations.

Seems to work well in 6vs6 (a couple of pickups), but B is a bit too sniper friendly and the fence on the far side of B gives snipers too much protection while still letting them shoot through it imo.

Acegikmo

-disco-

Seems to work well in 6vs6 (a couple of pickups), but B is a bit too sniper friendly and the fence on the far side of B gives snipers too much protection while still letting them shoot through it imo.

That fence is a part of the whole balancing equation.
It’s pretty important for blue to have a good sniper there to take down the people that are standing behind the large ice pillar, ready to ambush the incoming blue.

kolox

obs.

Anybody able to upload the map to a different host?
Would like to avoid downloading from fpsb

Waebi

‹Con›

paranoid, kolox?
http://files.fpsbanana.com/maps/cp_glacier_b1.zip

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »