Forum

The Novint Falcon [Team Fortress 2]

Created 24th June 2009 @ 22:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

saiboat

rofl i hope theyre either really old people or fucking trolls. you cant be that retarded :D

Renegade

Imperial

what do you expect him to say? our employee couldnt beat noobs with his falcon the majority of the time…

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

That OMFGninja guy is one of these popular spies that have an absurdly large crowd of followers on the steamforums.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/OMFGNinjaClub
http://jeningnet.wordpress.com/2008/11/25/jening-discussed-on-omfgninja-blog/

We once had one of these so called uberduper topspies on the GoT server. Can’t remember his name anymore, just knew him from a very popular youtube vid. Needless to say he was absolute shit.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Just record all your lucky sprees against pub noobs who don’t even react when you shoot them and make a video out of it. Everyone could do that, but why waste time for e-fame?

But I’m still interested how some pro would play with the falcon, I think this thing “could” work.

moo!

vR|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA5sMxfwX7o
watch this epic duel and jizz in your pants!

DarK.

Not long now till my cousins falcon arrives! I might let him have a go :P

Ino

dp.
dp.

Read on the Steamforums that DL might be getting one, this should really show how well it works in competitive play and if it can be as good as a mouse.

ONlock

YOYO\'

Ordered mine today, but won’t get it unitl late next week probably.

Looking forward to it.

EDIT:

I’ll make a gameplay video as soon I get it. Will shoot some demos and match it with some footage of the Falcon down in the corner, so you can see how it plays.

DarK.

Fucking Customs, charging £27. Thats £80 for the falcon £40 Post £30 Customs.

ShoX

Sir
dp.

Most people use a mouse every day, they have a feel for it and their muscles / fine motor skills are already massively trained towards the use of one.

If I had to lift my entire right arm up and hold it off the ground while fiddling around with that it’d no doubt ache like hell after 30mins or so.

Right now I can rest my arm and play TF2 by making small movements with my wrist, that thing looks bloody painful frankly :)

Nice idea and I appreciate the effort they’ve gone into for the innovation (We’d all be fucked without the inventors) but this won’t catch on. Fact.

ONlock

YOYO\'

Had a chance to try it yet, DarK?

DarK.

Nope, its arrived tho, hes had to order a 240v to 110v stepdown converter lol. Tomorrow should be the day.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

It doesn’t come with EU power supply? fail.

How much did it cost?

exm

Nope, its arrived tho, hes had to order a 240v to 110v stepdown converter lol. Tomorrow should be the day.

BUMP

ONlock

YOYO\'

Got my Falcon tuesday actually. But didn’t wan’t to do a review until i had built up up some aim with it.

It is pretty decent aimwise, but I still feel that I’m learning. I hope to improve over the coming hours of gameplay.

Right now it feels more accurate in a way, or at least my way. :P With the mouse, my arm did alot of uneccesary movements, now most of those are gone. On the other hand, that may be because I played pretty high sense with the mouse 9cm=360. I think most low sense mousers will still find the mouse most accurate.

Turning with it is a bit harder, but once you get used to it, It’s easier than with a mouse, I don’t have to lift my arm after turning, and I am immediately in control after doing a 180 degree.

Rocketjumping is very hard. Most sollys turn instantly, and fire a rocket at the wall/ground. With the falcon you have to wait until it is done turning berfore firing a rocket, then turn back to face forward. Takes to much time, but I haven’t tried that much solly yet, maybe the turningspeed can be tuned to work better, but I’m think the mouse is much better on that aspect.

Tracking is very smooth and easy, being a heavy it is simple to keep someone centerscreen while tracking them, even scouts jumping over your head all the time. It demands some muscle though, if you have the resistance settings as high as mine. ;)

I don’t play demo so can’t say much there, but It’s not so much difference really from the mouse, or, there is difference, but if it’s better or worse, I don’t know yet.

Sniper is actually a good bit easier, since I can track them more smoothly than with a mouse, and most of my shots do hit, but mostly not the head, that’s just because I’m a shit sniper, and always have been.

Played a mix yesterday, and got my first double air as solly! Even if i was on the bottom of the scoreboard. :(

Ask me if there is anything else you wanna know about, or that I forgot.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »