Add A Reply Pages: 1

WML

High/Mid
SeemsGood

RATS

=)

Crayon

McV

don’t really see the problem. i thought hl was meant to be more team orientated and less dm based so having more experienced players shouldnt make a huge difference overall. like i’m pretty sure a lot of the teams who signed up for mid have a chance of beating some of the teams who signed up for high.

Funs

Call it IM

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Surely it would have been better to have two smaller high and mid tiers than combining such a huge skill range in to one tier.

Wouldn’t be surprised if quite a few mid teams drop out when they get rolled.

I also do understand how the swiss system works, however I feel that given the circumstances people will be more likely to drop out of the season after losing a few at the start.

Also, the main argument for the tiers getting combined is so that the swiss system works better. The most important reason for the swiss system working properly is so that people get matched against teams of similar skill. The divisions system also does that.

Last edited by scrambled,

RATS

Quoted from Crayon

don’t really see the problem. i thought hl was meant to be more team orientated and less dm based so having more experienced players shouldnt make a huge difference overall. like i’m pretty sure a lot of the teams who signed up for mid have a chance of beating some of the teams who signed up for high.

My opinion : When you go mid, it’s not to tryhard that much than players who go in high, usually, teams in high are experienced, not the cases of mid teams.
Don’t think there will be a lot of surprises during the season

Grenja

Quoted from scrambled

Surely it would have been better to have two smaller high and mid tiers than combining such a huge skill range in to one tier.

I also do understand how the swiss system works, however I feel that given the circumstances people will be more likely to drop out of the season after losing a few at the start.

Also, surely the main argument for the tiers getting combined is so that the swiss system works better. The most important reason for the swiss system working properly is so that people get matched against teams of similar skill. The divisions system also does that.

I mean, that’s why they’re using accelerated swiss instead of standard swiss. Though I feel that has it’s own systemic issues.

Quoted from scrambled

It’s not possible to do that with this low amount of teams.

Quoted from scrambled

Sadly that’s a big side effect from swiss without scaling rewards. That high and mid are mixed has little influence in that matter.

Quoted from scrambled

Looking at your first statement, you don’t really understand how swiss works, or at least the impact that managing decisions have.

Quoted from scrambled

Also, the main argument for the tiers getting combined is so that the swiss system works better. The most important reason for the swiss system working properly is so that people get matched against teams of similar skill. The divisions system also does that.

The divisional system doesn’t do that, the admins do that by preseason seeding and spending a few full days on setting those up, as well as maintaining the divs throughout the season.
The main argument for the tiers is that there is no soft solution to this. Make high round robin will put mid and open in a really difficult position and I’m not sure if the end of the season will stay fair with this number of signups.

That said, seems like we’re still discussing intermediate (haha) options. Bottom line is that we can’t cook up 20 more teams out of thin air and solve all our problems. This requires some rigorous changes.

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from kKaltUu

words

Care to explain why the swiss system doesn’t work with 15 teams? Other than the obvious odd number.

Last edited by scrambled,

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

The swiss system does technically work but becomes more and more redundant with this low amount of teams… look at high this season:

http://etf2l.org/season-25-tables/

Lemmings are supposed to play the everchanging 2nd, 3rd or even 4th placed team. But because of the low number of teams in high (they already played all the teams on the top of the tables), they are actually scheduled to play the 7th placed team this week, completely screwing over Bugser 5.

Also I dont understant how people keep thinking mid teams will get rolled by feila and other high teams over and over. If you lose, you get a loser team… thats how swiss system works! If you are extremely unlucky, you will lose the first two games to high teams and then have equal matchups from thereon forward…

The only thing people really have a problem with at this point is that there are no mid playoffs, because everyone only cares about their shitty placement medals ever.

Last edited by DCS,

Grenja

And to reiterate. They are using Accelerated Swiss.

Teams will not be rolled majorly 1st and 2nd week because they are using A C C E L E R A T E D S W I S S.

On a real though Round Robin was my boy.

Last edited by Grenja,

Add A Reply Pages: 1