Dead Ringer Ban Discussion

Created 25th October 2016 @ 15:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

neon

:think:

nERDS

wand00m

CSG.DEJI

people get mad at me when i say stupid things on a video game forum what is the odds :D??

uubers

gg
gandhi is

if you main spy, what are you doing in a competitive tf2 league?

Spycy

TC.Express

Quoted from

If you can’t counter a dead ringer spy, what are you doing in a higher division?

if you cant play without a dead ringer what are you doing in a higher division ??!???

Toast

WEED
S-O

Before this thread dies completely, can I redirect the admins back to hildreth. Can any of these questions be answered?

Goreston

Quoted from extrasolar

christ I really did make hildreth and goreston upset lmao
I’m being presented with more non-arguments here than when you tell an SJW the gender wage gap isn’t real

Calm down boys, is only a video game :(

“I invited people to discuss a recently banned unlock on a videogame forum, and they did! Lol look at these baited nerds they’re so triggered what a bunch of cucks etc.”

Numpty.

unu

Quoted from uubers

if you main spy, what are you doing in a competitive tf2 league?

Aoshi

(Legend)
GRAHAM

Quoted from Toast

Before this thread dies completely, can I redirect the admins back to hildreth. Can any of these questions be answered?

I’m not going to read through his essay and there were no question marks :/
If you give a me a summary of the questions I might answer.

Quoted from Muuki

Also, giving votes to dead teams? Thanks kkaltuu!

We actually nullified marv’s vote as soon as we heard his team died and recounted everything. The result was the same.

btw, great post oxo :)

Steve!

S-O

Quoted from Aoshi

[…]

I’m not going to read through his essay and there were no question marks :/
If you give a me a summary of the questions I might answer.

Exactly the kind of lack of effort that led to this situation to begin with.

1. DR spy is comparable to sniper in the sense that it is important to deal with if the player is very good, but still more than doable, and in a variety of ways. Such as repositioning your team, comitting a player for a short time to “spot” the spy, etc. What is the league admins’ understanding of this issue? How will similar situations be resolved in the future?

2. DR and reaction to losing. How did you differentiate between gamers being salty at dying to spies and DR actually being an overpowered weapon deserving of a ban? Please state some reasons that the admin team was basing their decision on other than the majority “yes/no vote”. The players sure didn’t present many during the vote, and I’d hate for the admin decision to be as uninformed as the voting players’ (I said this last part, not Hildreth)

3. Can you, without any doubt, confirm that the vote was not meant to target really good spies of opposite teams to make the competition easier, rather than improving the game as a whole? If you cannot, then the vote was clearly not with the good of the league and gamemode in mind, as I’m sure you can see.

4. What is the admins’ stance on questionable weapons going forward? If a majority of players decides they don’t wanna deal with a weapon, will you just ban it? If say, for example, 90% of team leaders said “ban kritzkrieg”, would you just based on that? If not, what was different about the DR ban process?

These questions are directly addressed to the ETF2L admin team and Aoshi in particular. I know exactly what the players arguments are that were presented in this post, but I want to know what the admins were thinking at the time of deciding this. That is, before any players actually voiced structured arguments for or against this decision.

Last edited by Steve!,

ondkaja

IKEA

i like how steve manages to write an even longer post than the original post the admin asked for a summary of

Steve!

S-O

If he can’t commit the time to read this he shouldn’t be making league decisions

ondkaja

IKEA

on the contrary, he could be doing work for the league instead of reading your nonsensical drivel

Steve!

S-O

That’s your opinion

I said can’t, not won’t. His choice to respond

Why are you being so unreasonable

Aoshi

(Legend)
GRAHAM

Yeah no, I read a couple of sentences. Main thing I get out of it is why the admin team thinks the weapon is overpowered? You’re really leaving me guessing. Reading forum threads about people complaining isn’t my favourite pass time. Definitely not when people are trying to make it dumber by the second and people are actually falling for it.

If anything the votes wasn’t a perfect solution but with the limited amount of people that are interested and have the time to organise the HL season we had to kind of rush it. As example steve was asked 3+ weeks in advance if he could already look at the season but never ended up doing anything while all the other admins were busy with other stuff. So once moist actually became available he started working on it.

Why would people try to limit another spy if they’re limiting their own as well? I wouldn’t as it doesn’t make sense in my eyes, a good spy will still be a good spy without the DR.

Now deal with the ban, my season is already ruined without the Short Circuit…

Steve!

S-O

Thanks for your response.
I’d like to clarify that organising s11 was never delegated to me and I cannot be held wholly responsible for the procrastination of the admin team.

I ask that if you think the decision is not a good compromise for the league, that it is reconsidered

Thanks again

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »