Forum

Naming Kritzkrieg "Medi Gun"

Created 2nd July 2016 @ 17:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Yeah I’ve been fucked over before as a combo member by a kritz called medi gun, I can’t remember the last time that trick has worked on a spy though.

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from kuli

[…]

This.

As a combo player I really dislike medics renaming their medi guns in general. You can lose track of what medi gun is in use when things get messy. I don’t want to waste any time on remembering what stupid name my medic gave which of his medi guns.

Fok u. You better know what “best sex eu” is by now

Quoted from scrambled

Yeah I’ve been fucked over before as a combo member by a kritz called medi gun, I can’t remember the last time that trick has worked on a spy though.

I’m also 90% sure that 1pt didn’t have view models at one point. You generally know when the spy says he “thinks” it is such a weapon

Last edited by Chronos,

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

hopefully it will show you the actual medigun then the name in quotes after the next update anyway :)

Also, guessing the medigun by the name was a good laugh now that I remember. Was only a very niche situation and I reckon in an official we’d insist that he turned the models on.

Last edited by scrambled,

kuli

(EF2TL Doatnor)
BMS

Quoted from Chronos

Fok u. You better know what “best sex eu” is by now

YOU CHANGED IT AGAIN?!?!

Edit: jk. I have no idea which of your medi guns is called like that.

Last edited by kuli,

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from kuli

[…]

YOU CHANGED IT AGAIN?!?!

Edit: jk. I have no idea which of your medi guns is called like that.

I don’t know what naming your quickfix “best sex eu” says about your lovelife tbh.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Agree with the person that says it’s more likely to confuse your team mate. Most spies worth their salt use brains and don’t get tricked. It’s an interesting dynamic to Spy play, especially in Highlander that Spies need to develop a brain and learn all the little tricks of the trade because information they can provide is vital. I think one of the first spies I played with that really gave you an insane amount of information was Jerro, massively underrated player, and I have done it ever since, ask any spy who has played with me I am constantly harassing them for information.

That said, you’re not likely to fool them these days, it’s better to play mind games and change multiple times, but then it can be countered by just sitting and checking medi-gun with a couple of seconds left, but then I started to try things when we suicide like switching right at the start, or with 2-3 seconds before the gate opens. I basically did anything to play little mind games – I think the point should be to constantly keep their spy on his toes because if he lapses in concentration and forgets, you’ll gain the element of surprise. It’s particularly effective to switch Medi-guns a lot on Koth.

ti.
WiK?

1. I’ve never seen a high player rely on a spy without 3D models telling them what medigun is being used. Either you have a hud that shows you the enemy’s medigun or it’s not worth checking.

2. There have been many many times where I or another medic used a medigun that wasn’t renamed, called what medigun it is and still the healed player assumed it was a different one than it actually was. If someone cannot multitask to the point where all they need to do is listen to what is being called, and any decent medic will call what they’re on, then that player is not good at listening to calls in general.

If a flank player who might not even get buffed before a push can understand what medigun the medic is on by listening to their call, so can a combo player.

Although I’ll admit the less modification, such as renaming of items, obnoxious hats, unusual effects, etc. – the better and more efficient.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2