Forum

Mouse Grip

Created 8th May 2009 @ 09:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

What fragga said.

nubonamission

burn

None of my arm touches the table or mouse pad. I aim with my forearm, keeping my wrist pretty much imobile. The muscle in your forearm is much more accurate than the muscles in your wrist.

Also, you can never be as accurate with high sens as low sens, that is just simple logic. Where that limit lies is of course is a different matter. And for different types of play you may find that being able to turn around fast is important.

Also, any argument that its difficult to turn around is in my eyes totally flawed, if I need to turn around 180 degrees I have already made a stupid mistake, so fix the mistake where you allowed someone to be behind you before you fix your ability to turn around!

mb

keso

Plam with clawy index and middle finger

toasty.

PHX

@ Iller

http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide/html/palmgrip.php

There are 3 according to razer. the ‘fingertip’ as well.

gryzor

and razer is never wrong! <3 my razer mamba

Iller

tGa

@ Iller

http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide/html/palmgrip.php

There are 3 according to razer. the ‘fingertip’ as well.

Nice illustrations.
I now understand that I definetely use a claw crip. :-)

J3

@nub that 180 thing … So true ^^
i don’t have enough desk to play low sens so i have to play at mid :(

i just cover my mouse totally my wrist on the pad and my finger tips over the edge of lachesis

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

palm!

exm

Nice link, toasty!

one foot for moving the mouse and my tongue to fire.
extremely hard at first but once you’ve mastered it you’d never go back

Extremer

i use telekinesis

fJack

k^m

@nub I’m with you on low sens generally being preferable (I use about 50cm/360 myself) but I disagree with the statement that low sens is objectively better than high sens.

Some of the best Quake 3 players used/use around 20cm/360 plus accel and top Quakeworld duellers such as Reppie use around 5cm/360, and they can make some pretty nasty shots.

On topic I claw grip my mouse, rest my palm on the back but, as with nub, aim almost entirely with my forearm. With long range Sniping sometimes I use my fingers for fine adjustments.

Waebi

‹Con›

realised that it’s more of a palm grip when playing med for a longer time.
claw/finger when reading texts and stuff or playing for the fun.

eoN^

and razer is never wrong! <3 my razer mamba

Same :> Love that mouse…

Need to start playing wireless again ive not really bothered as of late ^^

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

I didn’t even know there were grip-types. Either way I use claw-grip with a rigid wrist and use the forearm for moving the hand (which just holds the mouse still relative to the hand), and the only part of my arm that touches the desk is a short area around my elbow.

I also have to move roughly 8-10 inches for a 180.

And then finally I’d say nubonamission is wrong in his assessment that lower sensitivity is purely better. It’s better for most people because they lack the fine motor skills to control the movements to such an extent. The lower sensitivity, the greater stability. The greater stability, the more accurate you are as the significance of precision decreases due to lower sens being far more forgiving. If you have a high sensitivity, and get just a tenth of an inch more than you should have had, you miss completely, whereas with low sensitivity it’d be negligible.

But Q3 players can function with high sensitivity on a very impressive level, and high sens is excellent for trackers.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »