Forum

RIP matchmaking HL (for now)

Created 24th December 2015 @ 19:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

shoras

Quoted from fraac

etf2l copies mm or it dies, surely.

CSGO leagues’ rules are different from matchmaking ones and they are surely not dead.

biskuu

HF!
pizza

Quoted from shoras

[…]
CSGO leagues’ rules are different from matchmaking ones and they are surely not dead.

Not really. At least not even close as much as TF2 MM and ETF2L 6v6.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from fraac

etf2l copies mm or it dies, surely.

Almost definitely not true. Even if ETF2L doesn’t follow suit the awareness of competitive will surely boost the numbers of the site, even if the majority flock to other leagues offering MM rules. It all depends whether ETF2L could maintain the reputation of being Europe’s Elite league.

Not saying I don’t think copying it (to a reasonable extent) is the correct decision, but it’s not the only one.

goMY

dgenr8
COGU

Quoted from shoras

[…]

But keep in mind there are also a lot more people who play CSGO competetively than TF2

Exze

(ETF2L Donator)

For the first year or so, ETF2L will stay as strong as ever, if not growing! I believe that after that point, almost every comp player will have a stab at MM, and Valve will get a pretty good idea of what works, and what doesn’t. It seems that their intentions are to get every weapon viable in comp, and so with the co-operation of comp players, and after many major balance updates, ETF2L will be able to use MM rules. Obviously the problem of classes will remain. After this ‘trial period’ better class rosters might be considered and adapted by current comp player (However, the current is strong enough), but in MM, there will probably be loads of problems, as there is in TF2C. You may get a Medic who offclasses to spy for half the game, or a pocket who keeps running away from the medic, but as long as Valve doesn’t implement their own tournaments, then MM will be the place to practice (almost like a comp-pub), TF2C might remain for players who want a decent game (RIP TF2C?), however ETF2L will become the place to play organised comp, with teams who don’t mess around, and tournaments to win. If possible, it might be beneficial for ETF2L admins to get in contact with Valve, and maybe have a way to promote ETF2L, and other leagues from within MM?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Almost definitely not true. Even if ETF2L doesn’t follow suit the awareness of competitive will surely boost the numbers of the site, even if the majority flock to other leagues offering MM rules. It all depends whether ETF2L could maintain the reputation of being Europe’s Elite league.

Not saying I don’t think copying it (to a reasonable extent) is the correct decision, but it’s not the only one.

You got a plan to make that happen? Can’t just be relying on Valve to start putting competitive news in the main menu (that would be a cool feature).

Steve!

S-O

Hildreth: If Valve is willing to put streams up there on the main menu, I’m pretty convinced competitive news aren’t much of a stretch. A blog post on tf2.com even includes a random one night event of an NA only community server :D

neon

:think:

but teamfortress.com already has competitive news

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Hildreth

You got a plan to make that happen?

Permzilla is just another scrub now

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

You got a plan to make that happen? Can’t just be relying on Valve to start putting competitive news in the main menu (that would be a cool feature).

I’m not saying it doesn’t need self promotion and ETF2L doesn’t need to put themselves out there. Just that even without promotion ETF2L will still attract people once MM is released. Pretty sure b4nny said TF2 streams will be implemented into the main menu, which streams are normally at the top? Even the hype around the release will help.

I’m sure ETF2L and all the other leagues will have their plans when MM finally comes around. It’s not something anyone is going to want to miss out on.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Steve!

Hildreth: If Valve is willing to put streams up there on the main menu, I’m pretty convinced competitive news aren’t much of a stretch. A blog post on tf2.com even includes a random one night event of an NA only community server :D

I am talking about implementing news features in the main menu, as suggested here: https://youtu.be/ivNug9WTadU?t=198

I would love to see something like that implemented, hopefully people who have the Developers ears will be shouting for it. This way you can get all competitive news for everyone who plays the game on their screen upon launch – “Want to play Competitive TF2? ETF2L launching Season 23 of their 6v6 league, all skill levels welcome! Click here to find out more!”

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2