Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from Ric

[…]

Salty? K. Happy? Sure.

Firstly, buffed in what sense? What good is achieved wit the 20 hp from extinguishing team mates? what makes you so sure that the other pyro will come close to my end and start flaming people? What about the flame particles non-sense crap, where you some pyros have flame advantage over others? What about the glitchy as f**** airblast mechanics that didn’t fix? It took them long… How would consider a buff?

Secondly, muscle memory takes time. Your irony is good sometimes, but bad in this moment. I didn’t really understand where you wanted to achieve with that.

Thirdly, people suggesting for bans in certain weapons are non-sense if they didn’t play with them on a mix/scrim/official. Valve wanted the other pyro weapons to be usable, so they nerfed degreaser and buffed W+M1 weapons. I could care less if they broke pyro completely.

Lastly, It could start a whole meta around it. If valve wants to promote other weapons, sure.

Salty soldier and demoman mains.

20hp per extinguish, stock flamethrower no longer has distance falloff, phlog buffed
axtinguisher nerf doesn’t really matter because nobody used it anymore anyway
degreaser nerfed a bit, but certainly still useable
airblast “fixed”, it doesn’t “stun” anymore. you can still airblast people multiple times while they are in the air though

that’s more buffs than nerfs in my book, just use stock flamethrower and play like you used to and I’m pretty sure you could do more than you could with degreaser before this update

not gonna say any more about the muscle memory part, tseini and ignis already summarized it pretty well

no it can’t start a meta around it because you’ll get destroyed on both flank and in the combo if you use phlog

I’m not salty, I just think what you’re saying is pretty dumb

Jaakarhu

^Mars summed my words pretty well

if you want them to fix mojo/airblast bugs this is not the place to come complain

Last edited by Jaakarhu,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

oh yeah I forgot about mojo

only pyro mains even care about this, I never even noticed when I played pyro

it doesn’t matter.

lmao all these pyro mains complaining is cute, try to main heavy been unfun to do since the big nerfs which got reverted for demo

Fenix

shotty new primary hue hue

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Guys, on a serious note.

I cannot understand what valve is going towards with these last balance updates… I mean seriously- look a the facts:

Quite a while ago, they made it so you dont have to actively reload the Crossbow anymore, enabling the medic to spam arrows when ever he pleases to without being punished for it.
Somewhere before that they added the Vaccinator, a weapon which requires the medic to press an additional button to adapt to a variety of situations, forcing the player to actually pay attention to what is happening in the game.
Now, you can even build uber with the crossbow AND you have higher Healthregeneration…

I honestly cant support the direction the developers take here. I mean, why would you implement things into the game, that make playing medic actually more fun???
A medic, as everyone knows, is only supposed to be the healing bitch, holding down (medicmains shouls always use autoheal because straight up better) one button and getting yelled at for not noticing the spy behind them, walking incautiously into snipersightlines and not surfing 2 rockets and 3 stickies at the same time to safety as well as not keeping all the 8 pther classes in his team buffed at all times. Not to mention the lack of maincalling power medicplayers often show, although they have literally nothing to do any dont see whats happening most of the time, because they have to hide around corners.

I am considering to quit TF2… It is just getting more and more riddiculous now.

Last edited by DCS,

san alex

Permzilla: hopefully they just remove pyro from the game

Warhuryeah: It’s so depressing that pyro is a thing in this game

Last edited by san alex,

Ric

Quoted from MARS^

[…]

20hp per extinguish, stock flamethrower no longer has distance falloff, phlog buffed
axtinguisher nerf doesn’t really matter because nobody used it anymore anyway
degreaser nerfed a bit, but certainly still useable
airblast “fixed”, it doesn’t “stun” anymore. you can still airblast people multiple times while they are in the air though

that’s more buffs than nerfs in my book, just use stock flamethrower and play like you used to and I’m pretty sure you could do more than you could with degreaser before this update

not gonna say any more about the muscle memory part, tseini and ignis already summarized it pretty well

no it can’t start a meta around it because you’ll get destroyed on both flank and in the combo if you use phlog

I’m not salty, I just think what you’re saying is pretty dumb

I understand you now. Also what I said is NOT dumb, they have a meaning. When I play my 3 main classes, Pyro, Scout, and Soldier and pyro being my first main. I use 3 different memory muscles for each class and now that pyro is different, it’s “ugh” to do something but I can get used to it in a few days.

I can use any pyro weapon, but 2 of them are situational. Backburner and Phlog could improve and possibly backburner could be improved and I would undo the phlog changes, they were ridiculous.

Last edited by Ric,

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Doesnt the Axe 100% crit anyone that is on fire again? Like, before it was an unreliable crit, but now just touch him with the flames and crit his face.

Yes, you switch to it slower, but isnt a guaranteed crit at least a change instead of a nerf?

Last edited by DCS,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from DCS

Doesnt the Axe 100% crit anyone that is on fire again? Like, before it was an unreliable crit, but now just touch him with the flames and crit his face.

Yes, you switch to it slower, but isnt a guaranteed crit at least a change instead of a nerf?

Damage was nerfed though, so a crit only does ~130 damage

Fuxx

REMOVE

Axtinguisher was never OP. Degreaser maybe, but not Axtinguisher.

quintosh

wL.

lol

4hp

Quoted from DCS

The axe does 131 on hit and takes 0.6125 seconds to switch to (using degreaser), 0.25 seconds to actually hit because there is a delay in each melee swing. That’s a total of 0.8625 seconds dead time before you can use it.

The flamethrower does around 159 damage per second on point blank, so it does around 137 damage during those 0.8625 seconds dead time.

Therefore if you were going to use the axtinguisher, just keep m1’ing and you’ll actually do more damage.

Last edited by 4hp,

damneasy

MY question was what will etf2l ban not what do you guys think about pyro….

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Every single weapon that got any kind of change in this update will be banned for the whole next year until we find a good group of people who would actually test the changed weapons in an actual match setting instead of just derp around with them in a server where they have to enable themselves huge heads and put 500000 health on them so they never will get killed in the process.

That also includes Beggar’s Bazooka and Market Gardener, but sadly this whole post was a one big lie.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »