Tough break update

Created 17th December 2015 @ 21:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »

quintosh

wL.

phlog

Bulow

GG

Phlog is even more viable than before (it always was), LFT pyro.

Also QF no longer allows capping when charged, so it’s nerfed in HL, rip.

Nevo

/ff
Jamz

Arrow buff is retarded, idiotic medics spamming arrows are gonna be everywhere :(

shmu

rip banter cannon, no more crutch back to ugc plastic for me

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from Nevo

Arrow buff is retarded, idiotic medics spamming arrows are gonna be everywhere :(

rewards skill, allows for new strats and makes medic a bit more fun

I don’t see how any of this is bad

People haven’t realized the most undocumented and best change of all

Can fire huntsman arrows in midair now. 360 big plays someone pls make a montage asap

Goreston

Quoted from Grenja

So, you get a damage increase on flames with the degreaser on TWO fronts. (The falloff and the original damage amount.)

You get faster weapon switch than before (The nerf to the degreaser doesn’t offset the weapon switch speed change.)

But because you now can only airblast 8 times instead of 10 the class is nerfed to the ground.

Give me a fucking break.

Pyro mains SMH TBH FAM

Bad maths Grenja. Switching to the degreaser is faster, switching from it is slower. Total time taken to switch away and back is increased.

The uber build changes will make it easy to krits the demo in setup time, then suicide (or run back to spawn) and change mediguns. You have a guaranteed krits sticky trap at setup.

4hp

Quoted from Grenja

So, you get a damage increase on flames with the degreaser on TWO fronts. (The falloff and the original damage amount.)

You get faster weapon switch than before (The nerf to the degreaser doesn’t offset the weapon switch speed change.)

But because you now can only airblast 8 times instead of 10 the class is nerfed to the ground.

Give me a fucking break.

Pyro mains SMH TBH FAM

If I’m not mistaken the falloff change only applies to stock. Also the degreaser nerf means that it’s slower to switch out of it than before, even with the base switch speed buff. It is however faster to switch back to it from secondary or melee. So comboing will be harder (goreston told me that you can only flarepunch a pyro in very specific conditions) but it’s easier to weapon heckle a soldier by baiting him with the shotgun and then reflect the rocket he shoots.

But I mostly agree with you, it feels like the message Valve is sending with this update is “W+M1 is the way we want pyro to be played” so we buff flamethrower damage and tone down the degreaser combos just enough that it’s probably better to either shotgun or walk forward and honk the horn.

with the P.S. that if shotgun was the meta before, now it’s completely unquestionable.

Last edited by 4hp,

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from 4hp

[…]

If I’m not mistaken the falloff change only applies to stock. Also the degreaser nerf means that it’s slower to switch out of it than before, even with the base switch speed buff. It is however faster to switch back to it from secondary or melee. So comboing will be harder (goreston told me that you can only flarepunch a pyro in very specific conditions) but it’s easier to weapon heckle a soldier by baiting him with the shotgun and then reflect the rocket he shoots.

But I mostly agree with you, it feels like the message Valve is sending with this update is “W+M1 is the way we want pyro to be played” so we buff flamethrower damage and tone down the degreaser combos just enough that it’s probably better to either shotgun or walk forward and honk the horn.

with the P.S. that if shotgun was the meta before, now it’s completely unquestionable.

So instead of easy free crit after airblast,you now have to actually aim the flare and that makes it unviable? Ps. Shotgun always was superior to flaregun

Rick May

stock FT – reserve – backscratcher

new flank pyro meta

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Tseini

So instead of easy free crit after airblast,you now have to actually aim the flare and that makes it unviable? Ps. Shotgun always was superior to flaregun

it was already garbage before, now even more so. They should rename it to “free 20 hp for enemy pyro”

Marv

lol pyro mains

KesPenguen

they screwed up dx9, i used to have solid 120 on dx9 maxed settings now its like 60-70, least dx8 doesnt have this problem.

4hp

Quoted from Tseini

[…]

The difficulty was never to aim a flare and it still won’t be, it’s that between the time you airblast and actually hit it most classes have time to deal enough damage to fuck you up. And yeah, I’ve recognized that shotgun is better ages ago. I just had more fun with the flare style.

Last edited by 4hp,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »