Forum

When to FAKE UBER?

Created 25th July 2015 @ 16:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Number one reason: make your opponents think twice about pushing on a small advantage.

You’d be surprised how few medics actually attempt to mask their uber (in lower tiers) this makes the decision making so easy and you get to prepare early. It’s also fairly easy to hear uber masking so it’s not that useful.

After you play a team over and over you’ll learn each other’s behaviour too which makes all this less and less important.

Anyway my uber binds also print a text message which helps my team coordinate so why not throw in some voice messages in the script…

About vani, I would not recommend spamming the uber thing all the time as it’s loud as fuck and tells anyone on the map exactly where you are.

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Quoted from Casual

About vani, I would not recommend spamming the uber thing all the time as it’s loud as fuck and tells anyone on the map exactly where you are.

Classic vani

Mirelin

alus

It’s like playing mind games. In my medic career I often runned Kritzkrieg just to make enemy team scared beyond their imagination. Because once the team is scared, that forces them to stumble, to be delayed and clamped.

You have to understand that this game is not just about the skill and team play. Team spirit, motivation and mood plays the equal role in the successfulness. If inside of your teammates is nothing but emptiness, you are simply doomed. Or in other words, you will fold just as all top premiership teams are folding at the end of the season.

That’s why mind games are important. You force them to constantly ask questions like
“Oh, watch out, they are running crits”
“Oh, what if they are running crits?”
“Oh, they might be running crits”

All that delays your enemies, they are getting knocked off from their regular game pace.

The same goes for the fake ubers. If I understood you correctly. You’ve meant using the voice command for the uber charge being ready, right?

You use it to knock out enemies from their regular gaming pace. You force in to them doubts. Everything just to delay them in order to get your uber charge on time (when you fake uber when at disadvantage and defending) or to scare them when you are about to push last and yet you don’t have that uber charge built.

There are many ways in which uber faking can be used. For example, you want enemies to think that you are on krits. So you fake uber approximately at the time when crits would’ve been built. Yet so again, it won’t make much of effect if you are close to enemies and they didn’t hear this “bzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbz” .

Uber faking has never worked against me in the competitive matches because I simply knew when it is fake, when not. It forced my teammates to stumble for a second though, but we didn’t feel anything besides the annoyance.

You might do better against the medics who don’t count uber. Good luck :)

Last edited by Mirelin,

Stefan B.

You are so right.

When you hear a “UBER CHARGE READY” from a medic that is running KritzKrieg you loose your courage of attacking and more like going back than forward. Hehe.

Well said, Mirelin.

Kengur

Quoted from Stefan B.

You are so right.

When you hear a “UBER CHARGE READY” from a medic that is running KritzKrieg you loose your courage of attacking and more like going back than forward. Hehe.

Well said, Mirelin.

Nah, I immediately try to focus the med and the soli would jump him right away.

Last edited by Kengur,

Stefan B.

Quoted from Kengur

[…]

Nah, I immediately try to focus the med and the soli would just him right away.

I agree with that.
Hearing UBERCHARGE READY makes me focus more on the med if I see him rather than running away.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2