Forum

Transparent viewmodels

Created 22nd July 2015 @ 20:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Nevo

/ff
Jamz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg5eBkmVS1c
Powah just uploaded this. Seems like an issue with r_drawviewmodel 0 and transparent viewmodels. Could give quite a sizeable advantage.

Bona

PMW

This explains so much, recently a lot of bullshit happened to me personally and others that I already suspected of WH, but didn’t want to call out, transparent viewmodels should be banned if this is actually something that happens with r_drawviewmodel 0

AnAkkk

These transparent viewmodels are not supposed to work in the first place since it’s supposed to be enforced by sv_pure. If they do, then there’s a problem.

Bona

PMW

Quoted from AnAkkk

These transparent viewmodels are not supposed to work in the first place since it’s supposed to be enforced by sv_pure. If they do, then there’s a problem.

It works because it doesn’t work like a skin

Nevo

/ff
Jamz

They do work on sv_pure 2. It uses vpk files I think, like the “noscope” sniper scrips before it was forbiden.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Nevo

They do work on sv_pure 2. It uses vpk files I think, like the “noscope” sniper scrips before it was forbiden.

Just .vtf and .vmf files, not .vpk exactly

I have been using these viewmodels for a longer while and I’ve only noticed them work like this with shutter doors, mostly spawn door shutters though.

It’s a shame though, I really liked having viewmodels on for some classes, but with more visibility.

hrbls

RULES UPDATE – From the January 10th newspost

As most of you will already be aware recently there have been a couple of exploits uncovered which allow manipulation of how your client side TF2 looks. In some cases this will give the person using it an unfair advantage and because of this the ETF2L AC team has decided to make this post in order to put any misconceptions about these exploits to rest.

If you use any of these exploits you will be issued with a ban. The ban lengths are as follows

3 months for removing props e.g. rocks and bushes on cp_badlands.
3 months for removing the scope overlay.
1 year for any surface texture modifications which will function like a wall hack.

If you find yourself with your TF2 client acting like this then we strongly suggest you fix it. A wallhack no matter how it is achieved is still cheating and will be punished as such.

ondkaja

IKEA

This has been around for ages and still remains unfixed by Valve. Hopefully they will react now.

ElazulTF2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsWPW817xWY

Add A Reply Pages: 1