Forum

Russian lan fundraiser?

Created 17th June 2015 @ 16:14

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

So as people are splashing cash on various teams to get them to lan I thought I’d throw an idea in the ring.

The one thing that I would love to see would be a all Russian team playing at lan

Here is why:

1. The Russian community is kinda massive. Bigger than i think most people think anyways. It would add a large viewership to the tournament.

2. They might be a perfect counter to a US team. Its never a safe win against a Russian team they could cause a huge upset.

It might be impossible i have no idea how much it would cost to send 6 Russian speaking players over to England.

What do you think? (its probably impossible)

Last edited by Turbo,

spammyh

brew

The question isn’t about getting people and finding actual money to do so, it’s all about getting 6 russian speaking keen people over to England. I mean, yeah, there is people who plays TF2 in Russia, but there is really small amount of people who will go to LAN event.

Last edited by spammyh,

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from spammyh

The question isn’t about getting people and finding actual money to do so, it’s all about getting 6 russian speaking keen people over to England. I mean, yeah, there is people who plays TF2 in Russia, but there is really small amount of people who will go to LAN event.

source?

barcaphilip

I agree, I would love to see some Russians at LAN.

Mon

G6
gandhi is

Great idea, though that should’ve been started a bit earlier so that people would actually know about such a possibility.

Forsak3n

S

we’ve thought of that, but we’ve never gone further than the idea of where we would get the pcs.

Last edited by Forsak3n,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Forsak3n

we’ve thought of that, but we’ve never gone further than the idea of where we would get the pcs.

Bringing pc’s on flights is safe as long as it’s properly packed with bubble wrap and “loose” computer parts (HDDs, SSDs, GPUs etc) are disconnected and also wrapped in bubble wrap.

walters

Ask atomic he is 100% russian

NeuTronas

Quoted from Forsak3n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bbV-GlhiZ8

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from NeuTronas

[…]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bbV-GlhiZ8

kkaltuu2 vor 3 Jahren
Oh god, he has a boxPC AND has to sit next to Skeej? Can’t we set up a relief fund for him? He has seen and done more than any human should have.

Quoted from Forsak3n

I think the Americans have been sorted out by a local company that rents pcs.

Is that the only thing that’s stopping you?

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

This was discussed on tonight’s Fully Charged, the idea was given to a russian team (I think lethal weapon?) to bring them to i52. But apparently there was no interest from the russians

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from Alfie

This was discussed on tonight’s Fully Charged, the idea was given to a russian team (I think lethal weapon?) to bring them to i52. But apparently there was no interest from the russians

me and kensi trying this out again, we will try to find all the options tomorrow.

All it takes is a bit of organisation and the want to go. Im sure we could work something out.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Russians donated like zero euros to the Season 20 fundraiser

Good luck :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »