Forum

What's next for Team Fortress 2?

Created 30th March 2015 @ 16:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

AnAkkk

Quoted from Selek

[…]

I didn’t consider that, that might be a problem. I imagine it will be the same for the Dota 2 port to Source 2 though?

Source 2 is probably based on the engine that Dota uses, which is the problem: CS GO and Dota versions of the Source engine are full of exploits because they were originally based on an older version of the Orange Box engine that don’t have all the fixes that were later done.

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
yes because being able to whip somebody when he is behind you is unfix-able.
this is just the worst case, but there are many other small things that still can be improved

That can depend on a lot of things, network conditions, etc. Most of the issues will just be because of the lag compensation, it can’t be fair for all players, this is one of the many reasons you can get killed behind walls after hiding for example.
Without lag compensation it would be even worse though.

rockie

Quoted from DCS

If they ever fix the backstab hitreg it would be a huge nerf effectively for the spy. Facestabs have been part of the game for a long time now.

/care

alf

quake 5 arena will be released b4 tf2 gets matchmaking

Spycy

TC.Express

Quoted from DCS

If they ever fix the backstab hitreg it would be a huge nerf effectively for the spy. Facestabs have been part of the game for a long time now.

You dont know the feel when you stab someone in the back and they just take 40 damage. Happens much more then facestabs. :)

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

Source 2 is probably based on the engine that Dota uses, which is the problem: CS GO and Dota versions of the Source engine are full of exploits because they were originally based on an older version of the Orange Box engine that don’t have all the fixes that were later done.

So it would be a problem specifically for TF2, should they do it the way you described? Got it.

Quoted from Spycy

[…]

You dont know the feel when you stab someone in the back and they just take 40 damage. Happens much more then facestabs. :)

Exactly, I would glady give the few strange backstabs and people shouting im Mumble at me “how was that a backstab???” for all these times I think or even say “Medic dropped! Oh, never mind…”

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

Most of this has already either been known for months or is just conjecture. It’s not fair to say all of this might be untrue though, stuff like the plot of the expiration date video was leaked like 18 months before it came out. Often stuff is added to the game files and then forgotten about but if they keep adding stuff related to it, it probably will get added. Engi vs Spy update and Source 2 are pretty much certain, Matchmaking is likely, everything else he says is anyone’s guess whether it actually gets into the game or not.

Last edited by Zesty,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3