Forum

FPS config better than Chris'

Created 13th March 2015 @ 15:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from rockie

chris’ cfg isnt a “bunch” of commands, it’s closer to a wall of text, of which 70 maybe more percent of those commands are useless (some don’t exist anymore, some others are just useless for what the cfg was meant for), remember in some cases, cfgs don’t help everyone.

To what purpose does it matter whether you use this apparent ’30 percent of useful commands’ instead of 100 percent mix of useful and useless?
“cfgs don’t help everyone” Argument falls over itself, that’s as vague as it could possibly be.

rockie

well if you consider a CFG useful for just 30% or even less of its content, i don’t know what to say, i’d rather find out which commands would really help me, and i’d just put them into the autoexec, without putting the rest, risking to cause myself problems with the game

spammyh

brew

Quoted from schocky

[…]
chris maxframes
2639 frames 12.543 seconds 210.39 fps ( 4.75 ms/f) 9.917 fps variability

my cfg
2639 frames 11.097 seconds 237.82 fps ( 4.20 ms/f) 11.975 fps variability

x)

And he’s never coming back.

To OP: I highly doubt that there is any configs that will drastically improve your performance. If your PC cant take tf2, it might be time to upgrade your HW.

Last edited by spammyh,

rockie

Quoted from spammyh

[…]
To OP: I highly doubt that there is any configs that will drastically improve your performance. If your PC cant take tf2, it might be time to upgrade your HW.

also this

Selek

Dr. med.

Do you have an optimised list which brings your framerate to a comparable level of cowmanglia’s, rock? Would you be willing to share it?

Nadav

.o/

Quoted from spammyh

[…]

i cri errytim

rockie

Quoted from Selek

Do you have an optimised list which brings your framerate to a comparable level of cowmanglia’s, rock? Would you be willing to share it?

no because i don’t give a damn to obtain the highest framerate possible on the game, since it won’t make any difference past a certain point, especially cause i’m using a 60hz

Phnx

Quoted from rockie

[…]

no because i don’t give a damn to obtain the highest framerate possible on the game, since it won’t make any difference past a certain point, especially cause i’m using a 60hz

it does make a difference when your fps is not stable and drops a lot.
you can feel a big difference between 200 falling to 120 and 160 falling to 80.
the mouse gets jittery and it lags horribly.

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from rockie

[…]

Fair enough, but I don’t think your criticism is legitimate then.

hr

Quoted from rockie

[…]

Then what are you even going on about? Clearly you have no clue what you’re talking about and then when asked to back it up you decide to backtrack and say you don’t care about the highest framerate. Isn’t that the whole topic of discussion in an FPS CONFIG?

Meeto

Quoted from rockie

[…]

Shut up now, you’re making yourself look like a retard.

rockie

but i’m a retard guys, didn’t you know? If im talking it’s because i tried at least once some cfg, and there’s no point in using them if you have a decent computer, just put dx8 and you’re done, the rest is just bullshit ppl like you keep following.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Why is rock allowed within a km of a keyboard

rockie

Quoted from cmd

Why is rock allowed within a km of a keyboard

Kappa

stuntz

we want shockys cfgs uploaded somewhere :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »