Forum

Discussion Thread: s20 unlocks

Created 14th December 2014 @ 20:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »

damneasy

Quoted from Bona

[…]
Just because you got airpounded doesn’t mean it’s aids and boring :^)

ok

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

After playing quite a few pickups using and facing the new unlocks I’d say that they’re mostly good, with one major exception: The direct hit. The direct hit is just way too annoying to play against and it feels really unfair in a couple of situations, sort of in the same way pyro does, and lord knows pyro is not something we need more of in competitive.
The issue with the DH is that it dissuades people from jumping, making aggression much more risky and this slows down the game. It also one-shots scouts which is incredibly frustrating to play against. Nothing quite like sinking 5 scatter shots into a pocket soldier only to have him one-shot you out of nowhere. It’s just a really lame weapon to play against.
I’m not saying the direct hit is too good, because it isn’t, I just think it’s way too anti-fun to be allowed in competitive sixes.

noni

i have good aim ^_^  but i  dont know how to play -_-

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Arthur

First day on pickup I haven’t heard any complaints about the new weapons, instead they where all complaining about the Force of Nature :D

:¬)

Zoidberg

BIOCHEMIST

Sticky jumper please.

Oh, and for the love of god, BAN THE DIRECT HIT! It’s way to good.

Setlet

All of the unlocks were fine. TDH might be an exception but it’s not really OP, but perhaps a bit annoying? I wouldn’t see anyone using it constantly, so I think it’s just a niche pick which could work and deny everything or be a horrible mess with no dmg output and the reason why your team loses. Same with FaN.

On the other hand can you allow the new demo weapons? Those are cool.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

May as well allow the new demo stuff. None of it seems overpowered.

rockie

imo you can allow these:

Liberty Launcher
Scorch Shot
Detonator
Scottish Resistance
Frontier Justice
Ambassador

no dh, cow mang, bfb, shortstop

Hank

FAINT

DH is so overpowered against scouts, so just ban that fine with anything else

ReveraL

No direct-hit, thats it

Vitilumi

tbd

As mentioned before, the Direct Hit is a horrible weapon against any class from any range. The Cow Mangler is pretty great though. ;)

Please allow the DH, if it was too OP the NA scene would’ve been dead by now.

hr

Quoted from Hank

DH is so overpowered against scouts, so just ban that fine with anything else

It just isn’t though. Maybe if you don’t change the way you play against a DH soldier then maybe but all you have to do is play at distance from them and then they’re doing nothing with the class.

Hank

FAINT

Quoted from hr

[…]
It just isn’t though. Maybe if you don’t change the way you play against a DH soldier then maybe but all you have to do is play at distance from them and then they’re doing nothing with the class.

so your saying that i should just sit on the other side of the map and shoot the soldier with 8dmg? But seriously DH on long range does 70 dmg, so even 2 lucky hits with it on a scout or a medic will kill him

Last edited by Hank,

CHERRY

You’re not catching rockets from the long distance are you?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »