Discussion Thread: s20 unlocks

Created 14th December 2014 @ 20:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 Next »

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from birdy

[…]

why ban things that don’t need banning?

why add the things which dont add anything to the game then?

baccart

IsF:LT

Quoted from birdy

[…]

why ban things that don’t need banning?

To eliminate tools for trolling, because it’s not a pub.
To remove randomness
To give better understanding of 6v6 meta for new players
To reward skill

I can extend on each point if you feel like this is necessary.

NeuTronas

Awful unlocks, remove them plox! Pub is more competitive than this shit now xD

Croce

last nail on the tf2 coffin

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

Quoted from baccart

[…]

To eliminate tools for trolling, because it’s not a pub.
To remove randomness
To give better understanding of 6v6 meta for new players
To reward skill

I can extend on each point if you feel like this is necessary.

don’t think you understand my point here ban the stuff that needs banning but why ban stuff that doesn’t need banning, i said that nobody would use these weapons apart from when situations present themselves and you said that the items are useless, if they are useless nobody will use them so nothing changes if they are banned or not, why not let new players experiment with unlocks and try them rather than condemn everything as useless? also if they are terrible for the game why is the american game which allows these unlocks the exact same game as ours? surely if they were going to ruin the game they already would have? stop me if i am making too much sense here

Last edited by birdy,

rockie

Quoted from birdy

[…]

don’t think you understand my point here ban the stuff that needs banning but why ban stuff that doesn’t need banning, i said that nobody would use these weapons apart from when situations present themselves and you said that the items are useless, if they are useless nobody will use them so nothing changes if they are banned or not, why not let new players experiment with unlocks and try them rather than condemn everything as useless? also if they are terrible for the game why is the american game which allows these unlocks the exact same game as ours? surely if they were going to ruin the game they already would have? stop me if i am making too much sense here

I think i know more people who consider NA Tf2 boring, rather than people who consider it fun and more enjoyable than etf2l, also it’s not about banning things, it’s more like allowing things, which is different…

iikq

sirkkels

isnt it just better to have 6v6 as game mode which has less weapons what you need to learn so you dont feel so confused when opponent is shooting you with some weird shit
atleast i dont like learning these new weapons all the time

i think highlander is fine stepping stone for long-time public player into competitive scene
anyway there might be some people who want to find new game what they can play competitively, and huge list of allowed weapons would be huge turnoff for me atleast

baccart

Quoted from birdy

[…]

don’t think you understand my point here ban the stuff that needs banning but why ban stuff that doesn’t need banning, i said that nobody would use these weapons apart from when situations present themselves that the items are useless, if they are useless nobody will use them so nothing changes if they are banned or not, why not let new players experiment with unlocks and try them rather than condemn everything as useless? also if they are terrible for the game why is the american game which allows these unlocks the exact same game as ours? surely if they were going to ruin the game they already would have? stop me if i am making too much sense here

What do you do with useless items? You troll and do stupid things with them, baning them would make sure that this doesn’t happen. I think there are some unlocks that should be in 6v6. As in any game, every league has it’s differences. If you want more unlocks I believe that UGC offer more of them.

VALVE likes to point out that we ban so much of a game and that 6v6 meta is so different from public game. Well VALVE should check again how this games looks after 7 years. VALVE and yes VALVE is responsible for the amount of things ETF2L has to ban. VALVE with unlocks changed the basic ground, the idea of classes. For example:
-demoknight changes the idea of demoman
-Mini sentries change idea of what engineer should do
-Crossbow, ubersaw changes the idea what medic should do
-Huntsman changes idea of how sniper should play
VALVE forgot the vision and idea and conception of TF2 while 6v6 uses classes as they supposed to be played. I think VAVLE’s opinion on what should be or shouldn’t be allowed is totally irrelevant. They did many great things and equally bad things.

I can’t see the point of adding those useless items to the whitelist. Useless item is not harmless in bad hands. All these unlocks might confuse new players and they might not know what unlocks should they use. Trolls might ruin experience for many players when they abuse those unlocks.

The only real argument of allowing all these unlocks is that they’re “harmless” and useless anyways. Which I think isn’t strong enough to expand whitelist.

Phnx

Quoted from baccart

[…]

What do you do with useless items? You troll and do stupid things with them, baning them would make sure that this doesn’t happen. I think there are some unlocks that should be in 6v6. As in any game, every league has it’s differences. If you want more unlocks I believe that UGC offer more of them.

VALVE likes to point out that we ban so much of a game and that 6v6 meta is so different from public game. Well VALVE should check again how this games looks after 7 years. VALVE and yes VALVE is responsible for the amount of things ETF2L has to ban. VALVE with unlocks changed the basic ground, the idea of classes. For example:
-demoknight changes the idea of demoman
-Mini sentries change idea of what engineer should do
-Crossbow, ubersaw changes the idea what medic should do
-Huntsman changes idea of how sniper should play
VALVE forgot the vision and idea and conception of TF2 while 6v6 uses classes as they supposed to be played. I think VAVLE’s opinion on what should be or shouldn’t be allowed is totally irrelevant. They did many great things and equally bad things.

I can’t see the point of adding those useless items to the whitelist. Useless item is not harmless in bad hands. All these unlocks might confuse new players and they might not know what unlocks should they use. Trolls might ruin experience for many players when they abuse those unlocks.

The only real argument of allowing all these unlocks is that they’re “harmless” and useless anyways. Which I think isn’t strong enough to expand whitelist.

just cause I need to, rocket & sticky jumpers changed the way that soldier and demo works.
dead ringer just killed stealth for spies

baccart

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
just cause I need to, rocket & sticky jumpers changed the way that soldier and demo works.
dead ringer just killed stealth for spies

Sorry, I can’t understand your point. Could you explain?

Phnx

Quoted from baccart

[…]

Sorry, I can’t understand your point. Could you explain?

I just added more things to show how the changed the point of classes them selves.
I agree with your point 100%

baccart

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
I just added more things to show how the changed the point of classes them selves.
I agree with your point 100%

Oh okay, sorry for not understanding properly :D

Arthur

WM

If people want to troll, they will do it with or without the new weapons, besides the new weapons aren’t any more annoying some of the existing ways to troll.

On the upside, letting in mostly pointless weapons will draw people in, remove allot of the pointless red tape (which is mostly the reason why valve decided never to introduce matchmaking).

Now for the point that nobody can deny, and ends this argument. AIRSHOTS LOOK F’ING COOL with the DH and the Cowmangler (vaporizing someone midair looks sick).

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I was trying to test this out and help EU TF2, and I got banned from tf2pickup.net :/ I thought you guys were co-operating with each other? Ambassador spy is more use than scout.

baccart

Quoted from Arthur

If people want to troll, they will do it with or without the new weapons, besides the new weapons aren’t any more annoying some of the existing ways to troll.

Yes, but giving them even more tools is not a better option :)

Quoted from Arthur

On the upside, letting in mostly pointless weapons will draw people in, remove allot of the pointless red tape (which is mostly the reason why valve decided never to introduce matchmaking).

“Candy cane is allowed, I should totaly try out that game mod called 6v6”.
Popular items might draw people in, but not the useless ones.

And like i said before, we should forget what VALVE thinks. They changed game, so we should have right to change it for better too.
Quoted from Arthur

Now for the point that nobody can deny, and ends this argument. AIRSHOTS LOOK F’ING COOL with the DH and the Cowmangler (vaporizing someone midair looks sick).

I agree and I also never said that we should ban all unlocks, just to clear that out.

Last edited by baccart,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 Next »